You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Bond  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Best Bond

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m aware it’s not a documentary.  If you rewrite the character so much why not invent another character?  Can’t we have Bond and a strong female secret agent with her own story? 

Because milking the Bond franchise gives them loads of existing fans and free press in sensationalist articles about people losing their shit over a female Bond or whatever.

Thinking about it they'll have one eye on how Marvel are flogging a dead horse and think I want some of that by having the female 007 and still continue with the original James character and have a crossover film. Or 10.

30 minutes ago, moof said:

You might be right mate, but there are enough continuity questions for it to at least be open to interpretation. 

It’s absolutely galling seeing grown men stamping their feet and throwing tantrums about the possibility of a Hollywood movie franchise making some character adjustments. Really strange thread, this. 

Galling? Fuck me!  Why is it strange? People have always moaned about things that they like being changed.

Should do a James Bond-Jason Bourne Fast & Furious Taken Avengers style movie where Purple Aki runs Treadstone and Bond bums Pamela Landy on a yacht in Monaco. Liam Neeson threatens everyone on the phone then kills half of Albania. 

Bourne fights Aki After chasing him onto a railway line in Moscow and kills Dave Bautista on the midnight train to Georgia. Vin Diesel drives a car into M15 headquarters out the back of a 747 because Jason Statham's brother is a rogue agent and The Rock blows everyone up with a stealth bomber. 

They all miraculously survive and they all end up on Malibu beach drinking Corona then go their separate ways in a tribute to Paul Walker.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Bourne >>>>>> Bond

Bourne is a weird one. I like the films, but one of the key building blocks of drama is that the hero faces jeopardy.  I never feel that with Bourne, he could be in a room with 50 people and he'd kill them all. At no stage in any of the films is he not one step ahead of anyone chasing him.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bourne is a weird one. I like the films, but one of the key building blocks of drama is that the hero faces jeopardy.  I never feel that with Bourne, he could be in a room with 50 people and he'd kill them all. At no stage in any of the films is he not one step ahead. 

I always felt the Bond films were worse for that, especially with the ridiculous gadgets. He could be tied to a table with a laser pointing at his balls but you just knew a few seconds later he'd be parachuting out the window after he activated a device in his shoe.

Go go gadget [sort all this shit out]

38 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bourne is a weird one. I like the films, but one of the key building blocks of drama is that the hero faces jeopardy.  I never feel that with Bourne, he could be in a room with 50 people and he'd kill them all. At no stage in any of the films is he not one step ahead of anyone chasing him.

The plot armour is strong in this one. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Johnny English >>>>>> James Bond.

Brooklyn Bond >>>>>>> Jason Bourne.

Captain Scarlet 》》》 everyone

He also has the greatest end credits to any programme ever. Always cracks me up

• Upvote 1

This point may have been made already, so sorry if I'm repeating. 

I don't care whether Bond is male or female, black or white. I've always thought the movies were just really bad. But seems they've missed a trick. Why not just create a new agent? 008 or some shit. Then boom! Two franchises running concurrently, crossover event a few years down the line, etc.

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Wasn't it the original shark's mum looking for revenge in one of the crap sequels already?

They think of everything, don't they?

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Can't wait for the new Batman film where Bruce Wayne is a black lesbian who lives with her transsexual partner. They don't have a Butler because it's a gender defined role and the Wayne family fortune had been built on fair trade chai latte. They occasionally fight crime by having drop in sessions at the local youth centre for people to talk about mental health. They change the setting of the film from Gotham City to Peckham. 

Sounds like you've plagiarised the plot of Batwoman here.

Guest Pistonbroke

Whoever the new Bond is they should make them a remainer, working close with his/her EU counterparts. The plot would write itself. 

Pretty sure I’ve read the new film meant to centre around Bond coming out of retirement.

So, if he’s retired, I’d assume that the role of in active 007 is filled by somebody else (in the same way Sean Bean was 006 or something).  

My prediction is this other lass is the active 007 and Bond comes back to destroy the space station on the moon and somehow save the day.

I’d assume that the next Bond will also be a white heterosexual male, but the seed has then been that other ethnicities can play the role of a 007.

I do agree that if whoever makes the films want a female 007, then they should write a good story and cast a female as the lead character. The only reason they seem

to be using the James Bond name is it’s a well known franchise and would therefore wouldn’t have to establish a new fan base, the likes which Hanna, Red Sparrow, Salt etc etc failed to do. 

They’ll say they are doing it for “empowered women” but they are really doing it to avoid box office flops and retain another cash cow. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Whoever the new Bond is they should make them a remainer, working close with his/her EU counterparts. The plot would write itself. 

It should be the wee man from Bodyguard, Robb Stark. He should keep his Scottish accent too.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It should be the wee man from Bodyguard, Robb Stark. He should keep his Scottish accent too.

Image result for richard madden height

• 2 weeks later...