You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool U21s vs Chelsea - 6:30pm

Guest LFD

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far just the one stream, a Chelsea TV stream, is listed: Wiziwig.tv | English Under 21 Premier League | Watch live and free: Chelsea U21 vs Liverpool U21

Stands to reason, obviously, with LFCTV having more important fish to fry right now.

Interesting to hear about Yesil's involvement. Twitter said that he was traveling with the first team to Sunderland along with Suso, but I guess at least the Yesil part wasn't true.

Interesting to hear about Yesil's involvement. Twitter said that he was traveling with the first team to Sunderland along with Suso, but I guess at least the Yesil part wasn't true.

Maybe they meant Assaidi?

Given he isn't playing in this, he must be travelling to Sunderland.

I wish we were a bit more ambitious with our team selections in the under 21s / reserves.

I think the Coady / Roddan partnership is a horrible one. One which might stop the opposition playing, isn't very good on the ball and we could really benefit having Adorjan or Teixeira alongside one of Coady or Roddan, especially as Rodgers put such a priority on keeping the ball.

I wish we were a bit more ambitious with our team selections in the under 21s / reserves.

I think the Coady / Roddan partnership is a horrible one. One which might stop the opposition playing, isn't very good on the ball and we could really benefit having Adorjan or Teixeira alongside one of Coady or Roddan, especially as Rodgers put such a priority on keeping the ball.

It's not that they aren't good on the ball, it's more the case that neither offer enough when the team in attacking, and neither is effective enough at screening the defence. It means the back four can be got at fairly easily when we don't have the ball, and the attackers have insufficient options when we do have the ball. I remember saying something similar on the MF a few months ago, about how the academy has produced countless examples of midfielders with a certain skillset that isn't particularly effective in today's game. The physical stature of the players may vary, but what they bring (or don't bring) to the game is the same. It overworks others areas of the team.

It's not that they aren't good on the ball, it's more the case that neither offer enough when the team in attacking, and neither is effective enough at screening the defence. It means the back four can be got at fairly easily when we don't have the ball, and the attackers have insufficient options when we do have the ball. I remember saying something similar on the MF a few months ago, about how the academy has produced countless examples of midfielders with a certain skillset that isn't particularly effective in today's game. The physical stature of the players may vary, but what they bring (or don't bring) to the game is the same. It overworks others areas of the team.

Yeah, they don't offer enough in possession and attack.

They aren't particularly great defensively either, I agree.

It is the weakest part of the team by a distance and Rodgers considers centre midfield the most important area. I think the under 18s centre midfield is better than that pair.

The reserve team formation will surely change to that of the first team soon enough. I don't think either of Coady or Roddan will make it here to be honest but they are both decent players. I will definitely be glad to see the back of that system though.