You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton fans

dravid

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance, and it's testament to what happens when you have 11 committed players on the field willing to win every 50/50, and willing to get on the end of every cross.

I am, however, sick of being second best to Everton in terms of getting in players like Fellaini, Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines, Distin and Jelavic.

How much did they pay for all them?

About £34m in total.

It's frightening just how badly run and managed we've been. It's not just mistakes, it's ineptitude, utter lack of professionalism on various levels.

Great performance, and it's testament to what happens when you have 11 committed players on the field willing to win every 50/50, and willing to get on the end of every cross.

I am, however, sick of being second best to Everton in terms of getting in players like Fellaini, Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines, Distin and Jelavic.

How much did they pay for all them?

About £34m in total.

It's frightening just how badly run and managed we've been. It's not just mistakes, it's ineptitude, utter lack of professionalism on various levels.

I guess you posted this just as Newcastle scored.

All the more poignant

‘The only time Michael broke – I had the radio on, so it must have been a couple of years after because I’d started putting the radio back on, and the Hollies’ "He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother" was on. I heard all this crying. It was Michael. He said, “Mum,

I carried him [he was a pall bearer at Kevin’s funeral]. I didn’t just lose my brother, I lost my best mate.” And he broke his heart.

Read more: Hillsborough victim's mother Anne Williams: 'I want more than "Sorry"' | Mail Online

• 11 months later...

Everton fans faked coach crash so 30 friends could make bogus "whiplash" claims

Three football fans faked a crash so that 30 pals on a coach outing to a dog track could make insurance claims for bogus whiplash injuries.

The 30 Everton supporters put in their insurance claims after saying the coach they were travelling in had been hit by a car.

But the coach driver had felt nothing and became suspicious later when he saw passengers dashing across a dual carriageway to a nearby boozer.

The grand plan was further foiled when a text message was found from one of the ringleaders to another Everton fan stating: “Need someone to do a crash.

"Do you know anyone? Paying a grand.”

Ringleaders Ben Carberry, 21, Liam Gray, 26 and Kevin Hamilton, 36, all from Liverpool, pleaded guilty today to one charge of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation at Southwark Crown Court.

The three men staged an ‘accident’ having hired a coach to take 30 passengers to Belle Vue greyhound stadium in Manchester from a pub in Bootle, Liverpool, on December 9th, 2011.

On the way to the track the coach driver, Paul Woodruff, was told to stop after passengers said he had crashed into a car on a roundabout.

Gray was in contact with law student Carberry, a passenger, who had arranged for Hamilton to deliberately ram the car into the coach, causing minor damage, at an earlier date.

All 30 passengers lodged personal injury claims with the insurance company which has a maximum pay out of £5,000 per person.

Micheal Hall, prosecuting, said: “This has been done in order to allow fraudulent claims for personal injury to flow from it.

“Whilst on the roundabout the passengers shouted to the driver to stop as he had a collision.

“Mr Woodruff found this odd as he neither felt nor heard an impact.

"Furthermore he felt it strange that the passengers had seen anything as the rear window is painted over with adverts and affords no view out of the back.

“When he got back on the coach the passengers said they did not want to attend the dog track as some of them felt ill.

“The passengers asked him to return to the Mons public house in Bootle.

“He found it amusing when, on arriving back in Bootle and disembarking, they ran across a dual carriageway and into the pub.”

The court heard how the group knew each other from travelling to watch Everton away matches.

Mr Hall said: “The central link between these suspects is Everton Football Club.

“The suspects seem to have become friends travelling to and meeting at their games.”

All three will be sentenced at a later date.

A fourth defendant Joe Hindley was found not guilty after prosecutors offered no evidence against him.

Everton fans faked coach crash so 30 friends could make bogus "whiplash" claims - Mirror Online

I remember a fella coming into the yew tree in west derby years ago saying a bus had just gone into the back of a lorry over the road. the pub fucking emptied

This the Yew Tree on Finch Lane? I worked there for a few months in 1989. Then it was regarded as the 'quieter' of the two in the area. The other being the Bow and Arrow!

I did have to crawl from the bar to the lounge to raise the alarm once when someone came and started lobbing bottles and glasses at me behind the bar. I remember seeing all the optics smashing above me!

I remember a fella coming into the yew tree in west derby years ago saying a bus had just gone into the back of a lorry over the road. the pub fucking emptied

The Yew Tree was in Dovecot, not West Derby.

It all came to light when they failed the medical at the hospital apparently.

Haha!