You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland away

Bjornebye

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referee: Martin "Homer" Atkinson

Fourth Official: Mike "Beachball" Jones

We came one step closer to winning a much more important battle this week, but we can kiss these 3 points goodbye.

Hmmmm, I dunno. Didn't Atkinson do our 2-0 away win at Arsenal last season?

Having said that, he's probably gave us all his help for the next 3 years in that game.

this 100% although i'm concerned that johnson will struggle against johnson.

I don't think he will.

I think Johnson struggles against quick passing teams.

Teams that don't allow him to regroup himself and remember his positioning.

Don't think Johnson (if he plays) has the trickery to out do Glen during the course of the game. He hasn't got the pace thats for sure.

See that Ngoo has been mentioned, take it he's doing well in the reserves?

What about Suso, he ready yet?

Can we please start reigning in Stirling.

Not saying he's on par with them but we over played Fowler and Owen lets not do it with this kid, especially since a spotlight has been put on him already.

Problem is Rodgers is a bit of a media whore (so far not in a bad way but he does like to chat to them more than I'd prefer) and don't want him pandying to them when they ask why Stirling isn't starting every game.

Personally i think the game should have been postponed but...

-----------------Jones---------------------

GJ-------Coates---------Agger----------Downing

--------Henderson------------Allen---------------

Gerrard----------Suarez--------------Sterling

-----------------Borini------------------------

Had enough of Reina's fuck ups, dropped.

Adam Johnson vs Downing as left back, I think it would work, you need someone quick to stay with Johnson.

Skrtel dropped, we'll be deep a lot anyway, Coates suits that.

Henderson used to the atmosphere at Sunderland, perhaps the only game where I think he could be useful alongside Allen.

Subs: Morgan, Assaidi(?), Sahin, Shelvey, Enrique, Skrtel, Reina.

Jones? No way. What the hell is going on with Doni, him, his Mrs or kids sick? If not get your arse back here.

Downing will get mugged.

I'd give Coates a go as I don't think Sunderland strikers are that pacey. Henderson may freeze when his fomer fans start giving him abuse (they have areputation for that up there, Carroll). Lacking some serious steel in the middle there.

If Enrique is out I'd like to see -

-----------Reina--------------

Kelly--Agger---Skrtel--Johnson

---Allen---Shelvey---Sahin----

--Gerrard--Suarez--Sterling----

Jones, Robinson, Coates, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi/Yesil, Borini.

Not counting youngsters and with Cole and Lucas out, Doni missing? our squad looks meek at best. O'Neills teams are usually plucky so unless we see more from Suarez, Gerrard and to a lesser extent Sahin (he's only had an hour so far) these lot will frustrate and possibly beat us.

The late kick off will suit them at home, plenty of boozing before the game should provide for a good atmosphere. United up next followed by Norwich and Stoke? Could be a tricky few weeks in the league.

I've got a feeling we will win this, but I really don't know why. It seems like it should be a really tough game.

Some tough choices for Brendan today. Does Sterling stay in the team? Do we try changing/mixing up the front three? I would be tempted to player Borini, Suarez and Gerrard as the front three with Allen, Sahin and Shelvey in midfield. Sterling can have an impact from the bench along with (hopefully) Assaidi. Kelly and Johnson in the full back positions for me.