You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

live in Liverpool work in cheshire

Fink

Does anyone on here commute between Liverpool and cheshire ?

Just wondering what the traffic is like as I'm considering putting myself forward for a job in Knutsford.

Would probably live close to my folks in Maghull. I tried it on Sunday and it was fine distance wise. train is out shirts over 2hours plus a walk ay the end.

This is probably the only negative with this job. want to be near family as I have a kid on the way.

Is the job for Barclays by any chance?

I used to work for them and depending on the role they are quite flexible on working hours so if you want to avoid the traffic see if they let you do an 8-4 shift you will miss most of the rush that way

Having said that if it isnt Barclays then this may well be a moot point

I used to work for them and depending on the role they are quite flexible on working hours so if you want to avoid the traffic see if they let you do an 8-4 shift you will miss most of the rush that way

Lots of employers have similar schemes

shift work mate so would be tied to the model.

Driving on a Sunday wont give you the foggiest idea about times or hold ups.

Knutsford is a bitch to get to (Radbroke parchance?). J19 - J18 of the M6 always is the beginning of a smash so, you get massive tailbacks over Thelwall to J19 going or, slow moving traffic coming up from J18 over Thewall to M62 \ Croft.

Once you're off the M6 at J19 for Knutsford, your in the A road traffic but you still end up getting a choke into and out of knutsford itself. If the motorway gets closed between J19 to J18 then all the motorway traffic gets on the Knutsford road and its hell. Glad as fuck I dont have to do that particular run anymore.

Knutsford is a bitch to get to (Radbroke parchance?). J19 - J18 of the M6 always is the beginning of a smash so, you get massive tailbacks over Thelwall to J19 going or, slow moving traffic coming up from J18 over Thewall to M62 \ Croft.

Once you're off the M6 at J19 for Knutsford, your in the A road traffic but you still end up getting a choke into and out of knutsford itself. If the motorway gets closed between J19 to J18 then all the motorway traffic gets on the Knutsford road and its hell. Glad as fuck I dont have to do that particular run anymore.

Plumbley *taps nose*

Did the Radbroke run for over three years when they were building the second bridge on Thelwall then repairing the old one. I used to come off as soon as I got over Thelwall and pick up an A road (A50 I think but not sure) Just one straight road all the way into the centre of Knutsford . Brings you out at the roundabout in the middle of Knutsford where you meet the traffic from the motorway. Avoided the M6 as much as possible. Was doing it from Kirkby so very similar journey. Under an hour probably 99% of the time but when it went wrong it was chaos.