You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raheem Sterling called up to the full England squad

DanDanShaw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is slightly off topic, but, does anyone know who Kenny was having a dig at in the Mirror regarding taking credit for Sterling's development? I got the impression that it was Rodgers, but not sure.

Here's the bit I'm talking about.

Definitely talking about Rodgers IMO. Rodgers has been going on about how much Sterling has improved since he took over.

Definitely talking about Rodgers IMO. Rodgers has been going on about how much Sterling has improved since he took over.

Even if he is talking about Rodgers, that isn't to say Sterling wadon't doing wall and Rodgers thinking that he is doing even better since he first seen him.

If Kenny is having digs then I will be disappointed as it is not like the King, however his ghost writer needs to be pulled and word the column a bit better as people will jump on it and drag him to a situation. Which makes him sound bitter.

Which I do not believe he is.

Kenny's right, QPR were his first club, Rafa pulled off a massive coup to get him here as every other club wanted him. The strength of the academy he restructured helped develop him, playing and learning tactics in a 4-2-3-1, Kenny gave him a glimpse in the first team, and Rodgers has really taken it on and given him the opportunity, which regardless of the shitness of our squad is a brave thing to do.

So yeah all deserve credit, and bit cheeky for Rodgers if he was trying to take all of it, however he has gone from prospect to first time player very quickly.

Fuck it though, there are certain players who are just born to play football, and you can see it first time they play. Gerrard was one, Rooney was one, Owen the c*nt was one, and it's the same with Sterling. They could have been playing for the Dog and Duck till they were 16, they just have the ability.

According to the transfer market website (I don’t know how reliable that is) his contract runs until 30.06.2013 – which is very worrying.

I was readying this morning that Arsenal want us to swap Sterling + money their way for Walcott, they must be high as a fucking kite the frothing set of bad goons.

We’ve just been discussing this in the office, all these saying “A manager of Roy Hodgson’s calibre wouldn’t be that stupid” I had to assure them of two things, he isn’t a manager of any calibre and he most certainly could.

On the call up, apparently the FA rate Sterling very highly, so just like has been suggested on here it’s probably to stop him playing for Jamaica when he turns out to be one of the greatest footballers around.

FA have plugged into the hype and are shitting themselves in case he comes good, is the next Digger and the media tear them to shreds by not securing him for England. Bit underhanded but, they have no quick, skillful natural left footers in the team.

According to the transfer market website (I don’t know how reliable that is) his contract runs until 30.06.2013 – which is very worrying.

He signed a professional contract when he turned 17, which is less than a year ago. Do you really think he was only signed for a year and a half?

It's a delicate situation.

What if he turned around tomorrow and said he wanted £40,000 a week or he won't sign a new contract and will leave next Summer?

Do you tell him to fuck off, or do you invest heavily on a new contract for a player of his age and lack of experience?

I'd like him to experience a couple of great European nights at Anfield this season, that should stop his head being turned for a while.

It's a delicate situation.

What if he turned around tomorrow and said he wanted £40,000 a week or he won't sign a new contract and will leave next Summer?

Do you tell him to fuck off, or do you invest heavily on a new contract for a player of his age and lack of experience?

I'd like him to experience a couple of great European nights at Anfield this season, that should stop his head being turned for a while.

He'll have to make do with some amazing Europa nights against Young Boys of Switzerland.

It's not exactly Juve or Real Madrid, but we're quite shit so don't play in those competitions anymore

On Saturday not a lot was going right for Raheem. He was getting bullied off the ball and his inexperience was telling a lot as he was getting the ball taken away from him regularly. But he kept plugging away and provided a lovely assist and Sunderland responded by hacking him down. The tackle from Larsson was particularly brutal. But he got back up and carried on. He's showing a lot of heart and determination, he could turn out to be the real bright spark of our season.