Quantcast
GF Gym - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I started crossfit about this time last year and enjoyed it. The workouts are varied so it's hard the get bored of it and the coaches & others in the classes keep each other motivated. Don't get to go as much now because of work,which is a shame as I found it better than any gym and overall results were good!

I think without further ado you all need to stop using the word 'workout'' date=' as it sounds really gay.[/quote']

Even with a Vic jacket?

I think without further ado you all need to stop using the word 'workout', as it sounds really gay.

Err... lifting/exercising/etc has been called 'Working Out' longer than you've been alive, S31.

I think you need to leave this subject alone.

BBC - Food - Recipes : Honey flapjacks

steak cake recipe, add ten 30g protein powder shots and as well as coconut, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sultanas, dried cranberries 250g pistachio nuts and 100g chopped walnuts for a whole tray.

Made some today,almost identical to this recipe,I love flapjacks.

I just use marge,normal sugar,oats,honey and sultanas.

Simple and delicious and only takes about 20 minutes to bake.

Anyone recommend a decent cardio workout I can do between days I'm running? None of that extreme shite, and none of that 80's disco bollocks, just something good and about 20 minutes or so. I'm talking torrents here so something fairly well known. Ta.

That Dorian Yates stuff looked pretty good, granted I've only watched the first one! Does it kinda look like you need a partner to do it?

Also, is there anything for abs, or is it a case of all the other exercises are working your core at the same time?

Bradley Wiggins doesn't use protein shakes, he eats the right foods. Think I'll go with Wiggins. And science.

I'd hate to be built like a string bean.

I'd prefer the Chris Hoy look myself.

I'd hate to be built like a string bean.

I'd prefer the Chris Hoy look myself.

Clearly, the point being they do nothing that eating the right foods won't do.

Mike mentzer and Dorian Yates HIT training is amazing for building size and strength.

If that's your aim, have a look at these two guys and give their routines ago.

Just after some cardio stuff really GH. Not looking to build muscle or anything. I've got loads of those already, hence why I'm so fucking hard.

Just after some cardio stuff really GH. Not looking to build muscle or anything. I've got loads of those already, hence why I'm so fucking hard.

There's only one muscle that matters so make sure you work that most often.

That Dorian Yates stuff looked pretty good, granted I've only watched the first one! Does it kinda look like you need a partner to do it?

Also, is there anything for abs, or is it a case of all the other exercises are working your core at the same time?

Having a spotter or gym partner is needed for HIT training as its near Impossible to hit total fatigue without.

Got to say this type of weight traini g is the best I've ever done, it's brutal but I saw massive strength gains and put on good weight with it.

In mike mentzers book he has the same ideology for abs, one working set to total fatigue.

For an ab work out, have a look at doing a little circuit of different ab exercises.

It's obvious but abs are all about having low percentage of body fat, can do all the exercises for your abs, but if there is fat covering your abs you obviously aren't going to see them.