You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There probably already is a thread somewhere but fuckit, this is my 13,001st post so I'll do what I want.

Really starting to get into it, weights and a bit of cardio four times a week. Unbelievably this has made me 200% more darn sexy.

I intend to use this thread to discuss tips and to pick your brains meat-heads and runners alike.

{Flicks pecks a la Mr Perfect}.

Grrrrr.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join a gym where there are fit birds. Then work out next to said birds. You will inevitably push yourself far more in some vain attempt to impress them than you would normally. Good workout guaranteed and avoids any drops in motivation.

Either that or damn near puke, pass out and shit your pants because you've pushed yourself too far too quick doing HIT workouts on your first time in a gym in years. Didn't happen to me like.

I puke every time I do my chest workout. For some reason it's also the body part that lags the most and never seems to respond.

What? Really? You aren't puking on leg or back days.... But chest?

I fight throwing up whilst dead lifting, and my squat days are brutal and I have thrown up several times doing them.

What? Really? You aren't puking on leg or back days.... But chest?

I fight throwing up whilst dead lifting, and my squat days are brutal and I have thrown up several times doing them.

I used to do strong lifts and never had a problem. I've got an issue with my lower back (seeing an osteopath) so am avoiding squats and haven't got a leg day at the moment.

No problems with back or dead lifts and puking. My body loves back exercises and responds well.

I do my chest on Sunday and the other days are when I get home after work.

I've tried lots of combinations of when I eat and what I eat, but always end up puking up. It's odd.

It might just be down to my chest lagging the rest of my body as it's a really weak body part.

I have to curl like a girl because my house has plasterboard walls and I can't use my chinning bar with them. Not that I was ever any good anyway.

Even though I'm 30, I go to the gym at Leeds Uni.

Seeing all the toned late teen / early twenty year olds shaking they're body is simply outstanding.

My heart rate is pounding before I've even set foot on a machine.

Surprised I've not been asked to politely leave yet.

Seeing all the toned late teen / early twenty year olds shaking they're body is simply outstanding.

Imagine how you'll feel if you ever see a woman in there.

Have they got viewing areas Paulie? If so would you get me a membership form?

I really don't like gyms. Can't stand the places. I would consider some workout stuff at home in between running though. Anyone have any recommendations? I downloaded a version of this "extreme" thing that made me out of breath just by watching it. Not sure this is the kind of thing I want to be doing... Insanity Workout Routines - High Intensity Workouts from Beachbody UK

Even though I'm 30' date=' I go to the gym at Leeds Uni.

Surprised I've not been asked to politely leave yet.[/quote']

It seems you have an over worked love muscle.

Imagine how you'll feel if you ever see a woman in there.

I know!

The lasses go on some machine where they bend over and basically shake they're ass about. Must be to tone up they're bum and hamstrings but watching them on it is hypnotic - like a lava lamp.

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle - YEAH!

They work out.

Have they got viewing areas Paulie? If so would you get me a membership form?

Only for the pool. The students seem to think that a 2 piece bikini, that wouldn't look put of place in Santa Monica, is suitable work out swim wear. Outstanding.

I get changed in the swimming pool locker room, bigger and more lockers. They're unisex and, very occasionally, you'll get a flash of some lasses nips.

It's quite at the moment with them all being away - roll on a couple of weeks so I can get some new images for 'the bank'.

I know!

Only for the pool. The students seem to think that a 2 piece bikini, that wouldn't look put of place in Santa Monica, is suitable work out swim wear. Outstanding.

I get changed in the swimming pool locker room, bigger and more lockers. They're unisex and, very occasionally, you'll get a flash of some lasses nips.

It's quite at the moment with them all being away - roll on a couple of weeks so I can get some new images for 'the bank'.

Haha, it is the same with the Uni Lpool pool!

It seems that young, fit, nubile young female students only have one 2 peice bikini and that will suffice.

Not that I am arsed with my reflector goggles!

I downloaded a version of this "extreme" thing that made me out of breath just by watching it. Not sure this is the kind of thing I want to be doing... Insanity Workout Routines - High Intensity Workouts from Beachbody UK

Haha! I do shit like this. I don't do every day, 3-5 days a week, 3 30 min sessions and if i'm up it a couple of hour sessions. The weight isn't coming off much but I'm turning in to man with all the muscle. It's great fun, well my class is, it's more a piss take of my lack of co-ordination though. What we do is adapted from this and Chris Kearns MMA stuff.

Haha! I do shit like this. I don't do every day, 3-5 days a week, 3 30 min sessions and if i'm up it a couple of hour sessions. The weight isn't coming off much but I'm turning in to man with all the muscle. It's great fun, well my class is, it's more a piss take of my lack of co-ordination though. What we do is adapted from this and Chris Kearns MMA stuff.

Cracks me up, that bloke in the 'insanity' thing. About 10 minutes into the workout he reminds you to take a water break "and remember to use your towel. I'm not gonna use mine though, coz I like to sweat". Funny as fuck.

This is my regime, comments and suggestions are most welcome.

All 10x3 reps

Day 1 Chest and back

Bench Press

Seated row

Incline bench press

Single arm row

Dumbell flyers

Shrugs

Situps

Day 2 Back and legs

Lat's pull downs

Seated leg press

Hyper extensions

Leg curl

Lat's isolation

Leg extension

Lunges/squats

Day 3 Shoulders and arms

Shoulder press

Bicep Curl

Lateral shoulder raise

Tricep pulldown - Straight bar

Single arm row

Hammer curl

Anterior raise

Tricep pulldown - Balls

Forearm curl

Tricep extension (skullcrushers)

Preacher curl

I try to throw two cardio sessions In a week too.