You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackberry tablet

Baltar

Curry's are doing a (uncharacteristically) bargain price for the Blackberry Playbook. 64GB version for £130, which is a brilliant price.

It's not got the number of apps Apple and Android offer but it's a nifty piece of kit. Had a play with it at the local Curry's store and I like it. Again, with RIM you don't get the enormous choice of apps that others do but for 130 quid it probably doesn't matter.

BLACKBERRY PlayBook Tablet PC - 64 GB buy online | Currys

I'm not sure how long the deal has been on for but I reckon it's going to sell loads, so if you want a nice tablet but don't want to break the bank, this might be up your street.

Never thought I'd recommend Curry's, who are usually rip off bastards.

And they aint that good either, did alot of research before buying my tablet two weeks ago and decided against it.

Tnf?

I liked it, has a nice interface and the video quality and web browsing is superb. And how many decent tablets out there with 64GB capacity sell for this price? Not many that I know of.

Quite tempted by one of these... I was thinking of treating myself to a Nexus 7, but this,,,

All I really want one for is for reading ebooks, bit of web browsing or watching/listening to media whilst on the shitter or just lounging in bed and they'll do that quite happily.

Hmmm...

Exactly my thinking. I have a nice Android phone if I want fancy apps, the Playbook has a decent screen size for reading, browsing and watching vids (HD too). I wouldn't normally recommend deals but this is a stonking price, I can't find any retailer selling this item for anywhere near this price.

Been looking at these, the new Kindle Fire and the Nexus 7.

Fuck it, going for the Nexus. Latest Android without being tied into BB App World or Amazon, guaranteed for the OS to be kept up to date via Google, nice and hackable and 16Gb is not that much of an issue as once rooted you can add USB storage to it.

RIM might not even exist in 12 months they are fucked

I doubt they'll go bust. More chance they will be bought out by a bigger company if things go tits up for them.

This.

Blackberry's are the shittest, most unreliable mobiles ever. Good riddance.

I agree. Luckily, this isn't a mobile phone.

Must say I've been impressed by it so far. I'm not arsed about apps and that, I've got an iPhone and a Sony Vaio which handles most things. I only wanted this for watching videos when I'm away and browsing the net when I can't be arsed taking my laptop with me somewhere.

It's been dead easy to set up and takes seconds to drag your downloaded material onto it. So far I've got all 3 seasons of Arrested Development, the two series of Carnivale, the 8 episodes of Happy Town, Drive, Cabin In The Woods, series 20 of The Simpsons and the two series of the BBC Sherlock downloaded on it. As well as the complete Game of thrones and Dark Tower Audio books, American Gods on Audiobook, I, Partridge and various playlists with about 500 songs on them and I've still got 30gb of space left on it.

Picture quality and sound is great on it, also.

Curry's are doing a (uncharacteristically) bargain price for the Blackberry Playbook. 64GB version for £130, which is a brilliant price.

It's not got the number of apps Apple and Android offer but it's a nifty piece of kit. Had a play with it at the local Curry's store and I like it. Again, with RIM you don't get the enormous choice of apps that others do but for 130 quid it probably doesn't matter.

BLACKBERRY PlayBook Tablet PC - 64 GB buy online | Currys

I'm not sure how long the deal has been on for but I reckon it's going to sell loads, so if you want a nice tablet but don't want to break the bank, this might be up your street.

Never thought I'd recommend Curry's, who are usually rip off bastards.

Have a look on tinterweb and I'm sure you can play Android Apps on it. I think it might be a program called Runtime or summat.

Can someone just clarify for me, can you drag and drop avi's from your PC to this Playbook and watch them?

I take it it's the same case with mp3s?

So it's a downloaders wet dream in terms of stashing vids and music on a tablet, for no cost, as opposed to the fucking fortune you pay via itunes?

yep or just stream them over your home network

Can someone just clarify for me' date=' can you drag and drop avi's from your PC to this Playbook and watch them?

I take it it's the same case with mp3s?

So it's a downloaders wet dream in terms of stashing vids and music on a tablet, for no cost, as opposed to the fucking fortune you pay via itunes?[/quote']

You download Blackberry Desktop manager, open that and select the folder with the avi files you want to put on the device and it syncs them for you. Takes a minute or two for a complete tv series.

It syncs automatically to your iTunes so anything on that can just be dragged onto it as well.