You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I couldnt give a fuck how other fans look at us

I find your comments very offensive to be honest

You're a wool from Wallasey you mean not a 'plastic scouser'

If you find my comment offensive when it is not offensive in anyway,I would not go to the match if I was you.

Forgot to add as well if you look it up you actually find that the original scousers came from the wirral side(Birkenhead).

True scousers came from the wirral and plastic scousers were from Liverpool.

Edited by SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt give a fuck how other fans look at us

I find your comments very offensive to be honest

You're a wool from Wallasey you mean not a 'plastic scouser'

Well I am not a wool, nor am I in anyway a plastic scouser, but I agree with him. I couldn't give a fuck about what other fans think either, but I think the call to arms is embarrassing and way, way off the mark.

I like SOS and hope they continue the good work, but as Tapas said, mistakes (acknowledged mistakes) are so far removed from the other two, I actually find it quite offensive that they are being compared to them!

Well it's great to acknowledge mistakes, however when you carry on making them, and spewing stupid comments which they have, it kinda makes people uneasy.. still we got a letter.. can you tell me what good work they have done?

I can tell you quite a few starting with saving the club (ahead of all those scouse billionairs obviously) - providing funds, £60m net over the past two seasons despite having two pathetic league campaigns - improving the finances through developing partnerships that has enabled us to maintain champions league wages for our players without being in the competition for the past three seasons. All done within 2 and a half years, plus small things such as the ticket office finally improving, the facilities improving - but I can guess that you are sitting there thinking 'well apart from all that, just what have FSG ever done for us eh?'

And I suspect you will simply dismiss everything they have done and accenuate every mistake that they have made, because it is a lot simpler doing that.

I am no particular fan of SOS since they hooked up with Rogan Taylor and completely lost their direction, but I think they've actually hit the mark here.

Someone needs to hold the club to account when they stagger from incompetence to incompetence, bullshitting the fans every step of the way.

Guest ShoePiss
I can tell you quite a few starting with saving the club (ahead of all those scouse billionairs obviously) - providing funds, £60m net over the past two seasons despite having two pathetic league campaigns - improving the finances through developing partnerships that has enabled us to maintain champions league wages for our players without being in the competition for the past three seasons. All done within 2 and a half years, plus small things such as the ticket office finally improving, the facilities improving - but I can guess that you are sitting there thinking 'well apart from all that, just what have FSG ever done for us eh?'

And I suspect you will simply dismiss everything they have done and accenuate every mistake that they have made, because it is a lot simpler doing that.

£60m net over 2 seasons you say? I used lfchistory.net the other day and it came to £47m or there abouts. That's over 4 transfer windows. It is money provided but it isn't a great deal, not when the squad requires so much. I suppose it depends what our goal is, if it's to break back into the CL spots and stay there it's not enough. If it's to float around 8th-5th then we're right on track.

£60m net over 2 seasons you say? I used lfchistory.net the other day and it came to £47m or there abouts. That's over 4 transfer windows. It is money provided but it isn't a great deal, not when the squad requires so much. I suppose it depends what our goal is, if it's to break back into the CL spots and stay there it's not enough. If it's to float around 8th-5th then we're right on track.

Well I posted another and it was nowhere near that!

It is £25m net this year alone, so I really have to doubt their figures. Off the top of my head, Caroll and Suarez = Torres and Babel, but Downing £20m, Adam £7m, Coates £6m, Enrique £6m and Henderson £16m is £55m (ish), who did we sell? Paulson, Konchesky, Raul, N'Gog and who else?

Those figures don't even seem close.

This doesn't seem right! Coates was more than that figure, and we didn't receive anything for Insua Transfers for the 2011-2012 season - LFChistory.net

Downing, Adam and Coates all seem wrong, and this season we didn't receive £7m for Aquilani.

I don't think we will ever know what the final total is, but even £47m net was spent over 2 windows. We spent nothing in January but sold noone either. And it is worth point out that despite the increase in revenue, we have been operating at a loss certainly up until last year.

Edited by Whelan

horseshit, they didn't save the club, they hoped to profit from it, there's a world of difference there. lol @ the ticket office improving it friggin hasn't... since a fair few of my family work for the club, I'm sitting here thinking fuck the club and the deluded fans actually. The fact is they don't seem to be learning from mistakes or giving a shit about them...

So I was right then! That's surprising.

Guest ShoePiss

I did it by manager, seeing as fsg weren't involved in the summer 2010 transfer window. From January 2011 to Summer 2012 it comes to 47m according to that site. That's still 4 transfer windows, just because no one left in a transfer window doesn't mean it's removed.

I also think you're wrong that we didn't receive anything for Insua.

What we really need in this thread is a net spend argument. That would make for really exciting discussion.

Well, we couldn't bring Rafa back so this is next best thing.

And to be quite honest, if you point out that we ahave spent almost £130m and people point out that some of that has been recouped, you don't really have much space for the conversation to move any other way!

And since the discussion is about their investment and the levels of investment there isn't much room to begin with.

Yes but no-one on here has a fucking clue what the real figures are, so it's just a load of waffle.

It's a simple question for me. Does the squad need investment to compete?

If the answer is yes, and it is, then they need to shit or get off the pot.

Underming the manager and then saying sorry is not acceptable.

I did it by manager, seeing as fsg weren't involved in the summer 2010 transfer window. From January 2011 to Summer 2012 it comes to 47m according to that site. That's still 4 transfer windows, just because no one left in a transfer window doesn't mean it's removed.

I also think you're wrong that we didn't receive anything for Insua.

I don't think the amount of tranfer window's is relevant! It is what is spend per-season! The January transfer window has always been used as a way of ammending or bringing in cover, it has very rarely been used as preparation. United very rarely use it, Arsenal neither.

So to use the level of investment in January as a barometer of comittment is not something I entirely agree with.

Pretty sure Insua was nothing, but the other fees are certainly wrong. Coates was definately more than £5m.

Guest ShoePiss
Yes but no-one on here has a fucking clue what the real figures are, so it's just a load of waffle.

Absolutely.

Sorry mate, you talk sense and have always been a really good poster, but that is complete and utter bollocks!

It is nothing more than a spoit, petulant tantrum!

Guest ShoePiss
I don't think the amount of tranfer window's is relevant! It is what is spend per-season! The January transfer window has always been used as a way of ammending or bringing in cover, it has very rarely been used as preparation. United very rarely use it, Arsenal neither.

So to use the level of investment in January as a barometer of comittment is not something I entirely agree with.

Pretty sure Insua was nothing, but the other fees are certainly wrong. Coates was definately more than £5m.

We haven't spent enough, look at our team. It's simple. We haven't made a commitment to break into the CL spots this season. Last season we did and bought the wrong players. This season we've settled for mediocrity.

Sorry mate, you talk sense and have always been a really good poster, but that is complete and utter bollocks!

It is nothing more than a spoit, petulant tantrum!

Oh, the irony.

Are you happy that they did everything in their gift to support the manager this summer?

Try to answer without resorting to childish outbursts.

We haven't spent enough, look at our team. It's simple. We haven't made a commitment to break into the CL spots this season. Last season we did and bought the wrong players. This season we've settled for mediocrity.

That to me is the key! And I get the impression, that how you feel we deal with that is how you view FSG, the only answers left it seems are for FSG to invest more, or FSG to invest the minimum and tell us to take our medicine.

I think the medicine is the least worst option.

The best option is that Caroll, Downing, Henderson, Enrique and Adam were sold but takers are nonexistent and the only one who left was the cheapest and the one on the least wages. Caroll should have been sold, but most of the fans were to be busy hailing him as Messi incarnate to realise it was best alround.

This isn't chicken feed, three years ago we were in the champions league spending next to nothing and almost out of business, and now here we are dismissing over £130m being spent!

Guest ShoePiss
That to me is the key! And I get the impression, that how you feel we deal with that is how you view FSG, the only answers left it seems are for FSG to invest more, or FSG to invest the minimum and tell us to take our medicine.

I think the medicine is the least worst option.

The best option is that Caroll, Downing, Henderson, Enrique and Adam were sold but takers are nonexistent and the only one who left was the cheapest and the one on the least wages. Caroll should have been sold, but most of the fans were to be busy hailing him as Messi incarnate to realise it was best alround.

This isn't chicken feed, three years ago we were in the champions league spending next to nothing and almost out of business, and now here we are dismissing over £130m being spent!

Most fans were busy hailing Carroll as Messi incarnate? Hmmmmm hahahahahahaha

Oh, the irony.

Are you happy that they did everything in their gift to support the manager this summer?

Try to answer without resorting to childish outbursts.

I don't blame them for saying enough is enough.

A month ago you stormed off this site complaining that you don't understand Liverpool Fans anymore because there was support for their decision to get rid of Kenny, you were completely against that decision so I don't for one moment think that you are neutral in this.

And it wasn't a childish outburst as you know! Read back, you came on with the sarcastic comment about 'net spend' and then proceded to dismiss those comments as 'waffle'.

Seeing our current situation as simple as Keep spending or fuck off, is childish and is petulant.