Quantcast
Board Games - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Karl_b

Board Games

Recommended Posts

Brought some home from my mum's attic with the intention to sell them. Ghost Castle, Key to the Kingdom, Escape from Atlantis, Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I thought there'd be loads of parts missing but the middle three are almost completely intact, so now I don't know if want to sell them, especially Hero Quest. Ghost Castle can fuck off though.

 

Also bought some new ones to piss about with in lockdown. Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Brought some home from my mum's attic with the intention to sell them. Ghost Castle, Key to the Kingdom, Escape from Atlantis, Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I thought there'd be loads of parts missing but the middle three are almost completely intact, so now I don't know if want to sell them, especially Hero Quest. Ghost Castle can fuck off though.

 

Also bought some new ones to piss about with in lockdown. Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

Ghost Castle is the pick of the bunch! You’ll get decent money for it on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 20:18, Karl_b said:

This is a board games collection!

 

I have all sorts in here, from silly games like Fluxx (simple card game with changing rules) and Flick 'Em Up (a Western themed dexterity game where you flick wooden bullets at each other) to serious heavy, worker-placement games like Russian Railroads (building train lines) and Spirit Island (defend your home from invaders).

 

I fucking love games, me.

 

20190108_183114.jpg

Discovered Hive a couple of years ago.  Great game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

Arkham Horror is great although the second scenario in the starter campaign is bloody hard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, M_B said:

Arkham Horror is great although the second scenario in the starter campaign is bloody hard!

I look forward to throwing it all back in the box soon!

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Hero Quest goes for a fortune these days

It's one of the reasons that's given me pause about selling it. On the one hand, it's got value, on the other, it'll take a lot to reacquire it if I choose. I also have the two expansions (Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord) so the value is even higher.

 

Hero Quest and Key to the Kingdom are by far the most valuable out of the five. Haven't done enough research on Space Crusade but I expect it to be up there too.

 

Hasbro crowdfunded (cheeky bastards) an updated version for release later this year but it's sold out already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting KidD into some classic games she got for Christmas at the minute. Junior Monopoly is great and quick to play, mousetrap is fun but overrated, yatzee is a favourite but the absolute king of the games we got was one called Labyrinth with sliding tiles. Really fun logic based game, no dice needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2021 at 18:37, RedKnight said:

Brought some home from my mum's attic with the intention to sell them. Ghost Castle, Key to the Kingdom, Escape from Atlantis, Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I thought there'd be loads of parts missing but the middle three are almost completely intact, so now I don't know if want to sell them, especially Hero Quest. Ghost Castle can fuck off though.

 

Also bought some new ones to piss about with in lockdown. Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

A couple of good purchases there and some even better finds from the attic! I really like Dominion, it's simple to learn and has a lot of replayability and variation, particularly if you pick up some of the expansions in the future.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 17:17, Paulie Dangerously said:

Getting KidD into some classic games she got for Christmas at the minute. Junior Monopoly is great and quick to play, mousetrap is fun but overrated, yatzee is a favourite but the absolute king of the games we got was one called Labyrinth with sliding tiles. Really fun logic based game, no dice needed. 

Labyrinth is fantastic. How old is KidD? There are some amazing games available for kids, I really like the Haba range. BoardGameGeek's website is the place to discover new and wonderful games and can be filtered to show kids' games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Labyrinth is fantastic. How old is KidD? There are some amazing games available for kids, I really like the Haba range. BoardGameGeek's website is the place to discover new and wonderful games and can be filtered to show kids' games.

She's 6 but clever enough to play games for 8+  normally.  I'll check out those links. We got a great came called Pack the Suitcase in France as well. It's great fun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

A couple of good purchases there and some even better finds from the attic! I really like Dominion, it's simple to learn and has a lot of replayability and variation, particularly if you pick up some of the expansions in the future.

 

Arkham Horror is... it's a lot. Gonna take some going to understand it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

 

Arkham Horror is... it's a lot. Gonna take some going to understand it.

You're about 18 months away from thinking it's acceptable to spend 14 hours playing Twilight Imperium. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

You're about 18 months away from thinking it's acceptable to spend 14 hours playing Twilight Imperium. 

I'd settle for understanding this right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

 

Arkham Horror is... it's a lot. Gonna take some going to understand it.

Its really easy once you get going. There are a few tutorial vids on youtube that help too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, M_B said:

Its really easy once you get going. There are a few tutorial vids on youtube that help too.

The tutorial vid was waaaaaay more helpful than the fucking rulebook. Feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the time investment is worth it. My only criticism is the campaign is only 3 scenario's long - you don't get a great deal for your money really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star wars Rebellion is a beast of a game to play. An hour and a half to set up, followed by four hours to play and then you realise the rebels have managed to escape because you were so focussed on building Death Stars and blowing planets up. Fun, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2021 at 17:05, M_B said:

Yeah the time investment is worth it. My only criticism is the campaign is only 3 scenario's long - you don't get a great deal for your money really.

I have since bought the Dunwich Legacy and the Forgotten Age full cycles. Gone all in.

 

2 hours ago, Sut said:

Star wars Rebellion is a beast of a game to play. An hour and a half to set up, followed by four hours to play and then you realise the rebels have managed to escape because you were so focussed on building Death Stars and blowing planets up. Fun, though.

 

I looked at this and concluded that a) it's too large for the kitchen table and b) is probably the boundary of the missus' patience.

 

I have bought the Fox in the Forest card game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second part to Monolith Mythic battles is hitting kickstarter in March

 

I have all the stuff for the first part Pantheon which is the Greek Gods

Its going to be reprinted with this hitting kickstarter but its not cheap by any means

 

 

Pics here

 

 

a1f5cd954e330a47593b86f3da43c2d9_origina

 

 

81f24ca2c08acbc4a917e1d1b649ce45_origina

 

 

They've released the pics for Thor

Thor-1-Mythic-Battles-Ragnarok.jpg

 

 

 

 

Its a stand alone and should come in a bit cheaper than the all in for Pantheon so worth a look maybe for some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I have since bought the Dunwich Legacy and the Forgotten Age full cycles. Gone all in.

 

 

I looked at this and concluded that a) it's too large for the kitchen table and b) is probably the boundary of the missus' patience.

 

I have bought the Fox in the Forest card game though.

Do you remember Star Wars Supremacy on the PC about 20 years ago? It’s that but analogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

I have since bought the Dunwich Legacy and the Forgotten Age full cycles. Gone all in.

Ace

 

I have progressed onto The Lord of the Rings card game which isn't bad, but not quite as good as Arkham Horror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • Gini Wijnaldum has attracted further interest on the continent with Paris Saint Germain and Inter Milan reportedly very keen on signing the midfielder.   It is common knowledge that the Dutchman’s current contract expires in June, but to this point there has been no movement on a new deal leading to strong speculation that the very popular figure will be departing come the end of this campaign.   The most recent comment by either party came last month with Wijnaldum rather blunt about how things stand.   "There is no update yet. I also think I’m not the one who should give the update.   "The club should do that. So if there is an update, the club will give it."     The 30 year-old came very close to departing in the past off-season as new Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman had identified his countryman as a key part of his rebuilding plan, however Jurgen Klopp was able to hang to a key member of his squad.   And it is a good thing too as Wijnaldum has been at his consistent best and his durability has been a godsend for the manager in a squad wrecked by significant injuries.   He has made 37 appearances in all competitions and is set to lead the team in Jordan Henderson’s absence.   The Mirror ( via French publication Le Parisien) reports that  PSG have made it known that they are particularly interested in landing Wijnaldum on a free transfer while Inter Milan are monitoring the situation.   It is clear that if the Dutchman does depart Liverpool after five seasons and over 200 appearances, he will leave a sizable hole in the Liverpool midfield as well as his general impact in and around the squad.    
      View full article
    • Surprised the Brazilian PM didn't get involved to be honest. He's a massive twat and was fully expecting to make differenent rules for the National keeper. 
    • Still no official word on his injury after a week.  That makes me nervous.
    • I was a huge fan but he just cannot hack it unfortunately, as has been mentioned many times he might not fancy it or it could be too physical. I think it could be a psychological thing. 
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×