You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Board Games

Karl_b

Brought some home from my mum's attic with the intention to sell them. Ghost Castle, Key to the Kingdom, Escape from Atlantis, Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I thought there'd be loads of parts missing but the middle three are almost completely intact, so now I don't know if want to sell them, especially Hero Quest. Ghost Castle can fuck off though.

Also bought some new ones to piss about with in lockdown. Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Brought some home from my mum's attic with the intention to sell them. Ghost Castle, Key to the Kingdom, Escape from Atlantis, Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I thought there'd be loads of parts missing but the middle three are almost completely intact, so now I don't know if want to sell them, especially Hero Quest. Ghost Castle can fuck off though.

Also bought some new ones to piss about with in lockdown. Bought Dominion and Arkham Horror. I look forward to not understanding them and putting them on Ebay.

Ghost Castle is the pick of the bunch! You’ll get decent money for it on eBay.

On 08/01/2019 at 20:18, Karl_b said:

This is a board games collection!

I have all sorts in here, from silly games like Fluxx (simple card game with changing rules) and Flick 'Em Up (a Western themed dexterity game where you flick wooden bullets at each other) to serious heavy, worker-placement games like Russian Railroads (building train lines) and Spirit Island (defend your home from invaders).

I fucking love games, me.

20190108_183114.jpg

Discovered Hive a couple of years ago.  Great game.

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

Arkham Horror is great although the second scenario in the starter campaign is bloody hard!

I look forward to throwing it all back in the box soon!

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Hero Quest goes for a fortune these days

It's one of the reasons that's given me pause about selling it. On the one hand, it's got value, on the other, it'll take a lot to reacquire it if I choose. I also have the two expansions (Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord) so the value is even higher.

Hero Quest and Key to the Kingdom are by far the most valuable out of the five. Haven't done enough research on Space Crusade but I expect it to be up there too.

Hasbro crowdfunded (cheeky bastards) an updated version for release later this year but it's sold out already.

On 10/01/2021 at 18:37, RedKnight said:

A couple of good purchases there and some even better finds from the attic! I really like Dominion, it's simple to learn and has a lot of replayability and variation, particularly if you pick up some of the expansions in the future.

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2021 at 17:17, Paulie Dangerously said:

Getting KidD into some classic games she got for Christmas at the minute. Junior Monopoly is great and quick to play, mousetrap is fun but overrated, yatzee is a favourite but the absolute king of the games we got was one called Labyrinth with sliding tiles. Really fun logic based game, no dice needed. 

Labyrinth is fantastic. How old is KidD? There are some amazing games available for kids, I really like the Haba range. BoardGameGeek's website is the place to discover new and wonderful games and can be filtered to show kids' games.

8 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Labyrinth is fantastic. How old is KidD? There are some amazing games available for kids, I really like the Haba range. BoardGameGeek's website is the place to discover new and wonderful games and can be filtered to show kids' games.

She's 6 but clever enough to play games for 8+  normally.  I'll check out those links. We got a great came called Pack the Suitcase in France as well. It's great fun. 

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

A couple of good purchases there and some even better finds from the attic! I really like Dominion, it's simple to learn and has a lot of replayability and variation, particularly if you pick up some of the expansions in the future.

Arkham Horror is... it's a lot. Gonna take some going to understand it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star wars Rebellion is a beast of a game to play. An hour and a half to set up, followed by four hours to play and then you realise the rebels have managed to escape because you were so focussed on building Death Stars and blowing planets up. Fun, though.

On 20/01/2021 at 17:05, M_B said:

Yeah the time investment is worth it. My only criticism is the campaign is only 3 scenario's long - you don't get a great deal for your money really.

I have since bought the Dunwich Legacy and the Forgotten Age full cycles. Gone all in.

2 hours ago, Sut said:

Star wars Rebellion is a beast of a game to play. An hour and a half to set up, followed by four hours to play and then you realise the rebels have managed to escape because you were so focussed on building Death Stars and blowing planets up. Fun, though.

I looked at this and concluded that a) it's too large for the kitchen table and b) is probably the boundary of the missus' patience.

I have bought the Fox in the Forest card game though.

The second part to Monolith Mythic battles is hitting kickstarter in March

I have all the stuff for the first part Pantheon which is the Greek Gods

Its going to be reprinted with this hitting kickstarter but its not cheap by any means

Pics here

a1f5cd954e330a47593b86f3da43c2d9_origina

81f24ca2c08acbc4a917e1d1b649ce45_origina

They've released the pics for Thor

Thor-1-Mythic-Battles-Ragnarok.jpg

Its a stand alone and should come in a bit cheaper than the all in for Pantheon so worth a look maybe for some

56 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I have since bought the Dunwich Legacy and the Forgotten Age full cycles. Gone all in.

I looked at this and concluded that a) it's too large for the kitchen table and b) is probably the boundary of the missus' patience.

I have bought the Fox in the Forest card game though.

Do you remember Star Wars Supremacy on the PC about 20 years ago? It’s that but analogue.

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Ace

I have progressed onto The Lord of the Rings card game which isn't bad, but not quite as good as Arkham Horror.