You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus christ. I don't know what you expect from our owners, but it is funny that because we don't get dempsey all of you are acting like clowns.

We have owners who don't wanna be like City, Chelsea, PSG and so on, but will respect the rules they thought would be punished if broken by now. That is not they're fault. That is unfortunately UEFA who is wankers and cannot apply the rule before it ruins football totally...

Of course they don't wanna pay more for Dempsey. If a friend wants to sell you something, but ask more for it from you, than from any other, just because he doesnt like you, would you pay more, or say go fuck yourself? They were pissing on us, and we shouldn't give in to that. It was bad that we hadn't a plan b, but that is the only thing you can criticize imo.

We all know how much the owners had to fix, and especially after the huge transfer fuck ups they made under KD, and Comolli. Its like starting over again, and when you have a limited budget it is tough.

The reason people complain is because we are not spending, but people are forgetting that we have spent a shitload of money, while having a huge wage bill. Just because we have cut a lot of that huge wage bill, doesn't mean that we need to get a huge wage bill again, when we actually cannot afford it does it?

I am frustrated by the results and by the lacking of transfers, but clearly the owners had a lot on their hands when they took over the club, and they didn't help themselves with all of their own transfers.

At least they are doing something, they have a vision and clearly cares for the club, and wants to go forward, but wants to do it on their terms wich you really can't argue against.

Bottom line is, i like the owners, but it is frustrating that they had a huge mess to clean up this summer, so we couldn't spend much on a squad that really needs improving, and it is especially frustrating when you see how much our rivals spend.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet there are an extraordinary number of people on this site who take precisely that outlook.

If you have confidence in a manager, you trust him to spend money whether it's the club's or your own. If you're concerned about risking your own money, you appoint football people who know their stuff to oversee the spending and query the manager if they think he's making a big mistake.

If I started a new job and I was expected to rescue a failing project or business, if I knew an injection of money was needed to do it, if I knew the people who appointed me had the money available, and if they then said to me you can't have it because the last bloke fucked up - I'd walk pretty fucking sharpish.

That's the bottom line, as far as I'm concerned.

Friday was just embarrassing. £2m shy of Clint fucking Dempsey? At least back the manager with one of the players he wants and dip into your own pocket for it. We're hardly talking a Leeds United financial meltdown here. Besides, you'd easily make that back on merchandise in the States. If they were worried about him being 29 years old and not having any resale value, then that just shows how clueless they are. If he signed and we got 2-3 seasons of the goalscoring form he's showed for Fulham the past two years, then everybody would have been happy and I doubt anybody would have been arsed with what we got in for him when the time came to get shut because he'd have done his job, first and foremost.

They're obviously leagues apart as players, but I doubt Alex Ferguson was concerning himself with resale value when he signed 29 year old Robin Van Persie this summer.

I really feel for Rodgers. He's been made to look a cunt by these charlatans.

Guest Pistonbroke
Jesus christ. I don't know what you expect from our owners, but it is funny that because we don't get dempsey all of you are acting like clowns.

We have owners who don't wanna be like City, Chelsea, PSG and so on, but will respect the rules they thought would be punished if broken by now. That is not they're fault. That is unfortunately UEFA who is wankers and cannot apply the rule before it ruins football totally...

Of course they don't wanna pay more for Dempsey. If a friend wants to sell you something, but ask more for it from you, than from any other, just because he doesnt like you, would you pay more, or say go fuck yourself? They were pissing on us, and we shouldn't give in to that. It was bad that we hadn't a plan b, but that is the only thing you can criticize imo.

We all know how much the owners had to fix, and especially after the huge transfer fuck ups they made under KD, and Comolli. Its like starting over again, and when you have a limited budget it is tough.

The reason people complain is because we are not spending, but people are forgetting that we have spent a shitload of money, while having a huge wage bill. Just because we have cut a lot of that huge wage bill, doesn't mean that we need to get a huge wage bill again, when we actually cannot afford it does it?

I am frustrated by the results and by the lacking of transfers, but clearly the owners had a lot on their hands when they took over the club, and they didn't help themselves with all of their own transfers.

At least they are doing something, they have a vision and clearly cares for the club, and wants to go forward, but wants to do it on their terms wich you really can't argue against.

Bottom line is, i like the owners, but it is frustrating that they had a huge mess to clean up this summer, so we couldn't spend much on a squad that really needs improving, and it is especially frustrating when you see how much our rivals spend.

What a shite post.

I thought FSG were being harshly treated in the last few days but this statement is plain and simple bollocks. They are arrogant and delusional if they think "the system is nearly in place". Stating you will "never again overpay for players" is the quickest way to get ambitious players (ie. the good ones) looking for a way out.

We are the new Arsenal, except with half the matchday revenue, an unproven manager and worse treatment from referees. Unless we get lucky with a golden generation, we've seen the last of us in the Champions League.

Well anything he said will have been criticised. I think it's good that he's come out immediately and communicated with the fans. It's a lot more than most owners would have done.

No, a few million for Dempsey wouldn't have broken the structure but it sounds like they've drawn a line in the sand that they're not going to cross. None of us have crystal balls and nobody's sure 100% that what they're doing strategically will work or not. What is clear is that if we'd carried on doing what we were doing even up to a year ago we were well and truly fucked.

I'm really fucked off with the position we're in but I do get where Henry is at and I do get the strategy. This is a fucking disgusting "sport" thanks to the likes of Sky, one which thrives on throwing money at teams. If you've got a multisquillionaire oil baron running your club that's all well and good but for anyone else that's not sustainable.

I agree. I'm pissed off about what happened on Friday but I do trust these guys not to shaft us. They may not splash the cash as quickly as I'd like but I think they have the best of intentions. Or else I'm just naive. They are still wankers for not signing Dempsey though.

Not sure what tomake of it.

On the one hand, I am quite pleased that they actually comunicate and even say that they have made mistakes. The fact that they have come out after two games shows you that they realised that they have fucked up as far as a striker is concerned.

I certainly prefer this to Moores`non-communication and H&G `everything is great` line.

Having said that, it smacks of a certain panic.

I do agree though with the basic point being made, and I have made it here numerous times: We are a club in almost continuous decline for a couple of decades, there is decay everywhere on and off the pitch. Unless we had a Chelsea or City style owner, ANYONE would take years to even begin to put this right.

Also agree with what was said earlier: If we had signed a striker most of us would have felt quite good about this window. They DID give a lot of money last year and it was wasted, end of.

Long, hard season ahead methinks, still should get more than 52 points though.

Guest Pistonbroke
Might be better if he tries and 'communicates' with the fucking manger that he isn't prepared to sanction his reccommendations before the last minute of the fucking window.

He was far too busy drafting his letter.....

You assume that if FSG spend their own money, it'll be wasted on shit. The reason I know you assume this is because you keep going on about last year's wasted spending in response to people demanding that FSG invest.

You're happy to trust Rodgers with spending the club's own money own players, but you think that if FSG give him some of their own cash he'll spontaneously have a brain meltdown and spunk it all on overpriced shite.

First off, I don't assume anything regarding Rodgers, I haven't even mentioned his transfer record because it is not relevant to the point, so you can infer whatever you want from my post to suit your agenda but it won't make it right. Your assumption is wrong.

You are simply misreading my whole point, which is that you, and others keep ignoring the blindingly obvious fact that they have already done what you demand they do, but it failed. Your answer to this is to cry 'more'! The fact that they cannot afford to do it again is irrelevant to the accusation, they have invested and it failed and sadly we cannot afford to do so again. That is not their fault.

That in a nutshell is all I can hear from all those people criticising FSG and who have been criticising FSG from the moment they sacked Kenny. We want them to spend money, and then keep spending money, until we get were we want to go, and we will judge everything they do on that.

I thought FSG were being harshly treated in the last few days but this statement is plain and simple bollocks. They are arrogant and delusional if they think "the system is nearly in place". Stating you will "never again overpay for players" is the quickest way to get ambitious players (ie. the good ones) looking for a way out.

We are the new Arsenal, except with half the matchday revenue, an unproven manager and worse treatment from referees. Unless we get lucky with a golden generation, we've seen the last of us in the Champions League.

What makes you think they'll stick around if the big teams that win the league regularly want them? And the owners will sell, it's moneyball you know!

Don't dismiss a bid from City or Chelsea in the region of 15+ mill for Sterling next summer, and these C**** will take it, you bet ya!

We'll never be able to put together a team of talents and WC players as we'll be picked apart time and time again......

16 year plans alone gets you nowhere! Long-term planning with short term ambitions to stay afloat does, unfortunately our owners are skint or have no interest in investing for the short term. (Yap all you want about the money KD spent last year, there is still no excuse for us sinking into oblivion whilst other teams cement their CL credentials ahead of the FFP regulation.

Got to laugh at everyone at the way everyone's going mental that we didn't sign Clint Dempsey when no fucker wanted him in the first place...

no not having that, people are pissed we didn't get a replacement for Carroll, that the squad has been left paper thin, and that the newly annointed manager was humiliated publicly and denied the very minimum of backing.

Most were never excited about Dempsey (some positively sickened by it) FSG doesen't have a monopoly on principles.

People criticising them for not replacing Caroll are spot on, I am not in anyway shape or form defending that. Dempsey fine, but it seems Sturridge should have arrived on loan. Ayre went to spain to tie up Tello and Sahin and came away with neither, until Arsenal pulled out of Sahin.

This is a good read. Certainly puts the comparison with Hicks and Gillett in perspective.

Liverpool Transfers | Premiership Transfers

no not having that, people are pissed we didn't get a replacement for Carroll, that the squad has been left paper thin, and that the newly annointed manager was humiliated publicly and denied the very minimum of backing.

Most were never excited about Dempsey (some positively sickened by it) FSG doesen't have a monopoly on principles.

I've got a jar of "Kenco Costa Rican" coffee on my desk which would be a more than adequate replacement for Andy Carroll.

Kind of missing the point.

If not dempsey, then carroll should not have been sent out on lone.

Which is what everyone acknowledges, Rodgers more than any. Ayre will be replaced, they approached that Aussie guy recently so it is clear that they want an experienced CEO to stop this type of thing happening.

But, do we want a quick solution or the right solution. I know some will say the right solution quickly, but I fully expect Ayre to be moved aside by the end of the year.