You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Owen anyone?

Block109'er

I don't care whether it's Owen or whoever, we need someone who can score the goals. As things stand now we must be one of the worst, if not the worst, in terms of attacking options. We cannot wait for the Jan window as Rodgers seems to be suggesting. He's got to warn the fucken FSG in no uncertain terms that we need someone at least on a free right away or else face getting mired in a struggle for relegation.

He made his bed, let him sleep in it.

He goes off on twitter (no I don't follow him) like he's the most wanted player in Europe. Nobody wants him, even when he's a free signing. The little prick can fucking die for all I care.

Forget the fact he joined United and said they're the best club he's ever played for - he's fucking useless.

Was convinced he was off to either stoke or motr likely Celtic on deadline day.

Since before the game started today they were talking to Redknapp and now I think it is nailed on cert he is coming here.

You could tell by the way Jamie was going on and on about him.

Redknapp still has friends here and I got the feeling he knows that Owen is on his way back.

The team needs firepower and if that means the return of the poisoned dwarf then so be it.

Nobody is bigger than the club and if it means the gobshite making a return then as much as it angers me I will just have to accept it.

Was convinced he was off to either stoke or motr likely Celtic on deadline day.

Since before the game started today they were talking to Redknapp and now I think it is nailed on cert he is coming here.

You could tell by the way Jamie was going on and on about him.

Redknapp still has friends here and I got the feeling he knows that Owen is on his way back.

The team needs firepower and if that means the return of the poisoned dwarf then so be it.

Nobody is bigger than the club and if it means the gobshite making a return then as much as it angers me I will just have to accept it.

I just think Redknapp's a thick fucker who actually thinks Owen might contribute something here despite him being shite and a fucking weasel. Jamie's a berk.

(Pauses a moment to think about it)........

FUCK OFF!!!!!!

I don't want that treacherous slimy little medal thieving Ingerlund loving dodgy hamstringed judas Manc midget bastard anywhere near our club.

I was trying to talk myself into facing the fact the injury ravaged sheep loving midget was coming back then I would accept it.

Then I seen your post and I agree totally with you on this.

I still think Usher in a Milan Baros circa 2003 headband is the better option.

Yes, even a finished Owen would walk onto our bench at present. Seeing three defenders and three midfielders with hardly a goal between them sitting on the bench today was sobering and just dawned there and then the mire we are in now. If Suarez and Borini (who doesn't look up to much to me anyway) get injured on International duty next week then what? We will literally be fighting a relegation battle this season.

Football fans are fickle. If he did sign back his first game back at Anfield would be against United......what better way etc.

Also, his goals/games record for United wasn't too bad at all and one thing he will never lose is that finishing ability no matter how finished he is. 18 starts and 34 sub appearances and 17 goals isn't a bad return.

Yes, even a finished Owen would walk onto our bench at present. Seeing three defenders and three midfielders with hardly a goal between them sitting on the bench today was sobering and just dawned there and then the mire we are in now. If Suarez and Borini (who doesn't look up to much to me anyway) get injured on International duty next week then what? We will literally be fighting a relegation battle this season.

Football fans are fickle. If he did sign back his first game back at Anfield would be against United......what better way etc.

Also, his goals/games record for United wasn't too bad at all and one thing he will never lose is that finishing ability no matter how finished he is. 18 starts and 34 sub appearances and 17 goals isn't a bad return.

He's old. He's shit. He's broken down. He's a total cocksheath.

No. No. No.

Don't care if he "might" help the squad, he is a manc now.

Used to be my favourite player, watched him coming through the ranks and loved it when he burst onto the scene, thought he would be Fowler & Rush all rolled into one. But he turned into the biggest mercenary we ever produced and fucked up his career along the way.

Even after he jumped ship for Madrid I remember being on the Kop when George announced he'd scored his 1st goal for them and we all clapped and applauded him, he was still perceived as one of ours.

Then, given the choice of returning to us or take the money and go to Newcastle he gave us the finger.

Owen is all that's wrong about the modern game, two-faced twat then signed for the mancs and this time put both fingers up to us on the way.

If we took him back, it wouldn't be the prodigal son returning it would be a sell-out of every principle I still hold dear about our club. He would take another pay-day and come up with the same disingenuous shite to justify his latest act of treachery. Last week he was supposed to be signing for Everton and he would have his little twitter speech prepared for them. He would change a few words and then post the same bollocks about us.

Don't care if he "might" help the squad, he is a manc now.

Used to be my favourite player, watched him coming through the ranks and loved it when he burst onto the scene, thought he would be Fowler & Rush all rolled into one. But he turned into the biggest mercenary we ever produced and fucked up his career along the way.

Even after he jumped ship for Madrid I remember being on the Kop when George announced he'd scored his 1st goal for them and we all clapped and applauded him, he was still perceived as one of ours.

Then, given the choice of returning to us or take the money and go to Newcastle he gave us the finger.

Owen is all that's wrong about the modern game, two-faced twat then signed for the mancs and this time put both fingers up to us on the way.

If we took him back, it wouldn't be the prodigal son returning it would be a sell-out of every principle I still hold dear about our club. He would take another pay-day and come up with the same disingenuous shite to justify his latest act of treachery. Last week he was supposed to be signing for Everton and he would have his little twitter speech prepared for them. He would change a few words and then post the same bollocks about us.

Bit of revisionism going on there in some regards.

He was desperate to come back to us only for Newcastle to blow us out of the water with a 17m bid which we would rightly never have paid after selling him the year before for 8m so you can't blame him for that. The Newcastle move was nothing to do with money on his part. We would have been a laughing stock had we signed him back for that amount. Owen can't be held to blame for Shepherd and Newcastle's lunacy.

Regarding his Madrid move, he was slaughtered for going there by a lot of fans and the ''Where were you in Istanbul'' chant in December 2005 against Newcastle was in response to him leaving for Madrid. It wasn't all sunshine and roses when he left and he certainly didn't leave with the blessing of the fans like you are suggesting.

When he was here, he was underappreciated because of reasons which have been discussed in depth numerous times but he was one of the best players I had ever seen for Liverpool and his 2001 FA Cup Final heroics were the most wildly celebrated goals for me personally until Istanbul.