You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So have we settled to be a Mid Table team?

stephen.archiba

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City's defence are leaking goals.

United's defence are leaking goals.

Until today Arsenal were 'struggling to score'

It's too early. Too early by a long way.

I totally felt for Rodgers in his post match interview. He did just enough not to lay blame, but enough to make it clear to anybody he wasn't impressed either. A bit of a poisoned chalice Brendan - however, I think he probably has enough motivational skills to get the team in a siege mentality mode and do well in the face of adversity.

Anything Liverpool achieve (it seems) will have to be done the hard way, but that's no fault of Rodgers.

For all the talk of lack of striking potency, you do still have Mr Suarez who'd certainly make the squad of any club in the world, and probably the first team of 90% of them.

Rodgers looked to be let down over the Dempsey / A.N.Other Striker fiasco. All the more reason to support him I think.

I agree that it is far too early to judge properly. Arsenal started last season really badly and everyone predicted their demise, yet they finished third. We are not as bad as our start suggests. We will improve. I can see signs of a team there. We do lack a goalscorer, mind. I might be tempted to offer Owen some sort of temporary deal, pay as you play, or whatever. I don't want to, but I don't know what else we can do while the window is closed until January.

I agree that it is far too early to judge properly. Arsenal started last season really badly and everyone predicted their demise, yet they finished third. We are not as bad as our start suggests......

...that was a rare achievement though, most teams that start poor struggle all season. We're not as bad as our start but we're not much better either. It will take some doing to finish in the top half.

City's defence are leaking goals.

United's defence are leaking goals.

Until today Arsenal were 'struggling to score'

It's too early. Too early by a long way.

I totally felt for Rodgers in his post match interview. He did just enough not to lay blame, but enough to make it clear to anybody he wasn't impressed either. A bit of a poisoned chalice Brendan - however, I think he probably has enough motivational skills to get the team in a siege mentality mode and do well in the face of adversity.

Anything Liverpool achieve (it seems) will have to be done the hard way, but that's no fault of Rodgers.

For all the talk of lack of striking potency, you do still have Mr Suarez who'd certainly make the squad of any club in the world, and probably the first team of 90% of them.

Rodgers looked to be let down over the Dempsey / A.N.Other Striker fiasco. All the more reason to support him I think.

You have 6 points more than us and have just spent £50 Million so if we are not to happy with the club at the moment you wont mind will you if we dont give a shite what you think.

• 9 months later...

Yes we've taken to the mid table and settled in rather quickly.

Mourinho coming back to Chelsea has a deja vu feel about it however, so maybe Rafa's appointment to Napoli will somehow be stalled, then blocked, while BR has a fit over the introduction of a DOF (Kenny) and before you can say 'Scouse Tapas' we'll be fighting those wonderful champions league semi's all over again.

Mid table eh? How's that?

With two second strikers(Suarez, Borini), no forward and a manager with one year experience in the Premier League who was exposed by the people who hired him only two months ago? I think you are optimistic.

The majority of you have underestimated the reaility that Premier League is getting harder and harder, teams like Sunderland, Everton are as competitive as ever while we are in constant decline. It's naive to blame Rodger's system, when the owners are screwing the club big time.

Where is Whelan to tell us again how we have surely not weakened this summer?

You're an idiot.

I still (perhaps stupidly) look at the goals we scored and conceded compared to the top teams and think we aren't that far off. We still need significant investment, so I'll wait to see what happens.

Whatever you want to say about his management skills, AFAIC he's been far superior in the transfer market compared to recent managers. Give him some money to play with and I'm more confident than I have been in the past that he'll bring in some quality.

Personally I feel Brendan Rodgers reign hangs in the balance and is 50/50. It can either go one or two ways.

Brendan can either put together an attractive looking side that is reminiscent of Liverpool in the 1990s, Spurs and Arsenal. They look attractive, but are nowhere to be seen when the trophies are handed out. He then will be forced out of his job.

The other scenario is quite simple, Brendan can add a couple of real nasty bastards to his attracitve looking side. If you hit them, they will fucking kill you. This is one of the main reasons why Luis Suarez must be kept. Luis Suarez is the only 'warrior' Liverpool have apart from Steven Gerrard now that Carra has hung up his boots.

What we need now is players albeit younger with the same character as Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy and Maxi. All three have one thing in common, they were ''in your face characters''. They would annoy, and torment the opposition. There has people that have said Craig Bellamy was annoying because during games, he never shut up.

I just hope that we as fans and our club in general (owners, coaches, manager, etc.) and most importantly our players apply the mentality: "It's okay to lose, but you can never get comfortable with it." Patience is needed and I'm confident we can return to the top once again..