You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So have we settled to be a Mid Table team?

stephen.archiba

4th? Do you wear one of those dicky bows that twirl around?

No! But I do think we will fight hard for fourth. I'm not saying we will definitely finish top four, but we will give it a good go. We kept hold of Skrtel and Agger and strengthened the midfield. 2/3 of the team looks very strong. We obviously look light up top, but I think Suarez will score more than last season, and Borini will score more than Carroll. With a fair wind we can fight hard for fourth.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanted Andy to stay, but the manager didn't want, never wanted him, only talked him down from the day he got here.

So he's off to a club that will play exactly to his strengths. Maybe he'll score rafts of goals, especially against all our rivals. In which case his value will be immense and we can sell him on for a decent price, instead of giving away for nothing.

Or maybe he'll just suck like he did here. It's worth the risk.

Well, let's see what happens. The performance against City last week was good enough to prove that the players we have already got are capable of competing with anybody. If it wasn't for a stupid mistake, we'd have won.

I think everybody knew that the money wasn't there to sign 'world class' players, so at best we would have got extra squad players, and how much difference they would have made is open to question.

We had our chance to spend big last year and blew it. If I owned the team, I'd be very wary about giving any manager huge funds until he had proved himself to some degree. Cant really blame the owners for that.

Now it's all about utilizing what we have got. It will be harder, but when have we ever done things the easy way? If we do well this season, at least we can say we didn't buy our success...unlike other clubs I could mention.

Well I think it's a brilliant stratergy by the owners.

Firstly they brought in Rodgers who has worked wonders at Swansea with fuck all players worth a shit.

They then get rid of as many big wage players as they can in his first transfer window while waving a carrot in front of him by saying we will buy or loan in a few more players.

He is now stuck with a good starting 11 minus a natural goal scorer which he has to find from inside to club or mould one of the nearly is into.

I can see no reason why this tactic should fail in any way shape or form.

We will win the league this season, the CL next season and THEN THE WORLD HAHAHAHA.

No?

No! But I do think we will fight hard for fourth. I'm not saying we will definitely finish top four, but we will give it a good go. We kept hold of Skrtel and Agger and strengthened the midfield. 2/3 of the team looks very strong. We obviously look light up top, but I think Suarez will score more than last season, and Borini will score more than Carroll. With a fair wind we can fight hard for fourth.

Course we can mate, course we can, anyway I've got some magic beans you might be interested in.

Course we can mate, course we can, anyway I've got some magic beans you might be interested in.

How much? : )

On another note, I'm noticing we are talking on a couple of threads, so let me build some common ground here and say we are all disappointed at not signing another striker today.

* Shakes hand *

No we have not. Out defence and midfield are excellent. We are disappointed by not getting a goalscorer today, as we are obviously short up top. But we are by no means a mid table club. We will fight hard for 4th this season.

We're 16th going into the weekend's games. Our excellent defence is making amateur errors, and has a -3 goal difference. We could be further down by the time the weekend's game comes around. Lose that, and that fair wind you speak of, may need to be a hurricane.

The club is all over the place, on and off the pitch. CL spots are just the stuff of pipe dreams atm.

On balance, I think we're going to improve on 8th, but by how much, will come down to that all important consistancy. One point from a possible six is not an ideal start, but lets get real about the West Brom game - it was an anomaly. Best forgotten. An extreme moment in the season. Look at it this way, it surely will never be that bad again at the back ! (just looking for that whistling smiley, but this is a quick reply) Also, unless there actually IS an agenda then we should get ref decisions in our favour a bit more! In fact, it's already happened - a handball against City, resulting in a sublime goal by Luis.

I think we have an excellent chance of qualifying for the Europa League again - either by winning it, but I doubt it, or by coming top Five, or by retaining the League Cup; hell, we might even win a Cup AND go top 5.

However, the magic goal of CL qualification, I'm steering clear of.

I'm agreeing here!

If we'd have kept Carroll half the people on here, including me, would be saying how good the window was. Lack of due care and preperation fucked us up, as well as our stubbornness in the market when it mattered most. Victims of our own downfall is how I'd sum up tonight.

Carroll was never fit to wear the Red and never will be.

Don't be seduced by the last 8 games of the season, his winner in the Semi and his one man fight back in the final (which was admirable) but that aside he's been very very ordinary indeed.

He has the first touch of a 20 stone rapist and he is never going to figure in a Rodgers team hence his departure. No loss to us whatsoever.

Rodgers said he would have to be a nutcase to let Carroll go on loan without a replacement. I'd extend that to anyone who disagrees with him.

Yes. Rodgers has every right to be angry with the owners for not sorting this out but let's not try and make out that we have lost a top player because we have not.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Why would they settle for mid-table? They want to increase the value of their asset, not decrease it.

Maybe they'd settle for top four without ever challenging, but mid-table? Mentalists.