You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So have we settled to be a Mid Table team?

stephen.archiba

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking that way, we'll be the most profitable 11th placed club in Premiership history.

Actually to be fair if this is part of a long term strategy to make us profitable to ultimately allow us to re-invest sustainably in the club then fair enough. How far we may have fallen and how rapidly any profit deteriorates is open to question? The law of diminishing returns?

They could equally just be looking to slash the wage bill (which they've done over two years) to make us a more attractive proposition to a new buyer?

Certainly seems that way. I used to start every season thinking this would be the year we turned things round and won the league. That's no longer even a vaguely realistic idea. Starting to wonder if we ever will again in my lifetime to be honest or we really have just become a team with nothing but a glorious history to live off. It's hard to see things changing so dramatically that we'll go from our present state to one of the top teams again. The current football landscape suggests that once you fall away from the top you can only get back with major investment and that just doesn't seem to be coming from the present owners.

Im not panicking, I just think Rodgers looks as though he's been let down and we were absolutely desperate for a forward. I don't agree with the notion that they spent big and it was spent badly so they don't want to be burnt again, I think it's absurd football isn't a one off investment and then there you go all is rosey were going to win the league. It seems fsg have a very strict budget with little to no leeway I think sometimes you have to take the risk in order to push on. Be interesting to see what Rodgers has to say. We could still do okay if assaidi is good and maybe this young Turk.

No we have not. Out defence and midfield are excellent. We are disappointed by not getting a goalscorer today, as we are obviously short up top. But we are by no means a mid table club. We will fight hard for 4th this season. Rodgers has brought some good young talent in to the club. With the wages saved this transfer window I'd like to think we will be poised, should a deal for a striker materialize in January. The club has slipped back over the past 20 years, and in more recent years the disastrous H&G ownership, plus poor spending last summer, has hindered our re-emergence.

Rodgers is rebuilding and I generally like what I have seen so far. We will get there.

Well now I would have to say that there would appear to be very little difference in the stance of the owners over transfer kitties! Perhaps Rafa had more balls than Brenda when it came to putting them under the spotlight a bit with regards to this. Think Rodgers has been made look a bit weak in my opinion.

No we have not. Out defence and midfield are excellent. We are disappointed by not getting a goalscorer today, as we are obviously short up top. But we are by no means a mid table club. We will fight hard for 4th this season. Rodgers has brought some good young talent in to the club. With the wages saved this transfer window I'd like to think we will be poised, should a deal for a striker materialize in January. The club has slipped back over the past 20 years, and in more recent years the disastrous H&G ownership, plus poor spending last summer, has hindered our re-emergence.

Rodgers is rebuilding and I generally like what I have seen so far. We will get there.

4th? Do you wear one of those dicky bows that twirl around?

Well now I would have to say that there would appear to be very little difference in the stance of the owners over transfer kitties! Perhaps Rafa had more balls than Brenda when it came to putting them under the spotlight a bit with regards to this. Think Rodgers has been made look a bit weak in my opinion.

How does a fella like you stay in the red for all these years?

I think Rodgers made a mistake by stating publicly he needs more players. Now he looks like a loser which is so far from the truth. I'm glad we missed out on Dempsey, and I'm not sorry about the departures EXCEPT Big Andy.

When we are one down with 30 minutes left, who do we call on to change the game?

A lesson learned for BR and FSG I hope