You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the same resources, I would expect him to at least equal it. Seeing since he has not even had half the resources, the argument becomes somewhat pointless.

He had the same resources as Dalglish when he became manager (the same squad). So your argument is somewhat pointless.

I refuse to enter any debate or argument about the game.

People will try to find a new scapegoat now that Carroll, Commoli, Kenny, Kuyt have left.

For me the whole pre-season planning was totally wrong. Some other said it was "smart" and "refreshing". Now they will blame Rodgers, Gerrard, Reina, even Sahin or Suarez. Wake up people, our squad is paperthing and lacks both quality and quantity. The owners needed to back the new manager and invest, they didn't. They are responsible for this decadence.

Just got back, can't be arsed reading through the shitfest, but thought I'd post my observations in case anybody gives a fuck.

All round it was a really poor performance from most of our players, with probably only Allen, Sterling and Shelvey coming out of it with any shred of credit. Suarez and Gerrard were both particularly poor in my opinion. Pretty much every time the ball went near Luis it bounced off him or he gave it away, and Gerrard particularly in the first half seemed to be trying to do everything too quickly, when often he had time and space to assess better options.

Sahin also looked a good yard off the pace, you can see the technical ability there and he kept things generally neat and tidy, however he struggled to adapt to the pace of the game and that meant that we were often too deep in midfield. It will obviously take him time to adjust, it is just unfortunate that we haven't really got that time.

Borini was industrious again but nothing really came off for him and he seemed to get more nervy and ponderous in decent positions as the game wore on, the little bit of stick he took for pulling out of a few challenges didnt help his cause. He is most certainly not a right sided player and needs to be playing centrally with Suarez out there for me.

In terms of our pressing it is very much a work in progress, we are not pressing as a team at this moment in time which means that Arsenal found it far to easy to play it around us at the back and midfield, there was no greater example of this than the second goal. I think games like this are to be expected at this moment in time and we need to be patient with Rodgers and the players. Whether you agree or disagree with his appointment we need to start looking long term and we need continuity and consistency at the club. 3 new managers in 3 years is evidence of the turmoil we have been in and this simply has to stop.

My personal opinion is that I like Rodgers and I like the way that he is trying to get us play, at this moment in time we are a little bit predictable and one dimensional, with a lot of our possession in front of teams where we are not going to really hurt them. If Suarez and Gerrard have an off day then we are pretty much goosed. This is something we need to address in future transfer windows, which is another issue in itself. At this moment things aren't too great, but the only way out of it is hard work, commitment and believing in the way that we play. It was a pretty shitty day though.

My personal opinion is that I like Rodgers and I like the way that he is trying to get us play, at this moment in time we are a little bit predictable and one dimensional, with a lot of our possession in front of teams where we are not going to really hurt them.

Good point. I wasn't at the match but it seemed to me we were playing like a training ground team, lots of static passing but no end product. We were the same against Hearts and only got through because of one moment of individual creativity and brilliance. We looked to pass by the numbers and lacked urgency and spontaneity throughout. Only Shelvey and Sterling seemed ready to do something out of the ordinary and predictable.

Depressing game to round off a depressing few days. Thought we started reasonably well in the first ten minutes but we just seemed to get worst and worst as the game wore on and I lost count of how many times we gave possession away through players failing to make even the most basic of passes or by miscontrolling the ball. Both goals again came from individual mistakes from senior players and the standard of goals we've given away so far this season has been infuriating.

I feel sorry for Rodgers. He got shafted by the owners on Friday and has been left with a paper thin squad and the few class players we've got have all underperformed sofarthis season. Agger, Skrtel and particularly Reina have cost us goals with individual errors and Gerrard and Suarez have been mostly awaful. He needs time to turn things around.

Might have had a few penalties that could have turned things round but got nothing from Webb as usual but until the last few minutes we didn't look remotely like creating anything and sadly a pretty average looking Arsenal side won very comfortably

Guest San Don

Very disappointing. We are toothless. Suarez is wasteful with the ball and not a striker capable of leading the line. Its strange Gerrard gets called for a 'poor' game but no one calls Suarez?

A guy behind me spent all game on Gerrard's back but said fuck all when Suarez lost the ball or didnt move or went down too easily.

This team could create a shitful of chances but the bottom line is, we've no one clinical enough in front of goal. Set pieces and corners look to be our best chances. Open play, not so clever.

We are now reduced to looking for a non contract player to come in and score for us. People have said what about morgan. Well what about him? I've seen the lad regularly in the reserves. He's not ready for the first team imo and chucking him in the deep end wont help him. NGoo? Pretty much the same imo.

The club had made a disasterous move letting Carroll's loan go through without having someone signed to replace him. Well done FSG \ LFC!

Its going to be a very, very hard run to the January window. And even if we do get someone then, I fear we may be so far behind even the second half of the season may be a struggle.

As regards Rodgers, are some people seriously on his case? The only thing I'd say is perhaps we should have looked to evolve a new style of play rather than this big bang approach? Shades of the Souness era methinks.

Sunderland away is not going to be pretty.

We're playing like Swansea did last season. And given that oiur new manager was the Swansea manager, and his two big signings have both been Swansea players, why is anyone surprised?

Lots of harmless possession, hardly any goals, but hopefully we will finish higher than 11th.

After the first three games and the disgraceful end to the transfer window I honestly don't think we will finish as high as we did last year, thought it before the game today to be honest

Very disappointing. We are toothless. Suarez is wasteful with the ball and not a striker capable of leading the line. Its strange Gerrard gets called for a 'poor' game but no one calls Suarez?

A guy behind me spent all game on Gerrard's back but said fuck all when Suarez lost the ball or didnt move or went down too easily.

This team could create a shitful of chances but the bottom line is, we've no one clinical enough in front of goal. Set pieces and corners look to be our best chances. Open play, not so clever.

We are now reduced to looking for a non contract player to come in and score for us. People have said what about morgan. Well what about him? I've seen the lad regularly in the reserves. He's not ready for the first team imo and chucking him in the deep end wont help him. NGoo? Pretty much the same imo.

The club had made a disasterous move letting Carroll's loan go through without having someone signed to replace him. Well done FSG \ LFC!

Its going to be a very, very hard run to the January window. And even if we do get someone then, I fear we may be so far behind even the second half of the season may be a struggle.

As regards Rodgers, are some people seriously on his case? The only thing I'd say is perhaps we should have looked to evolve a new style of play rather than this big bang approach? Shades of the Souness era methinks.

It's cos Gerrard has been bad for a long time now.

Suarez has just had an off day.

We disagree off the field, but on the pitch you are invariably on the money, as you are here.

Just got back, can't be arsed reading through the shitfest, but thought I'd post my observations in case anybody gives a fuck.

All round it was a really poor performance from most of our players, with probably only Allen, Sterling and Shelvey coming out of it with any shred of credit. Suarez and Gerrard were both particularly poor in my opinion. Pretty much every time the ball went near Luis it bounced off him or he gave it away, and Gerrard particularly in the first half seemed to be trying to do everything too quickly, when often he had time and space to assess better options.

Sahin also looked a good yard off the pace, you can see the technical ability there and he kept things generally neat and tidy, however he struggled to adapt to the pace of the game and that meant that we were often too deep in midfield. It will obviously take him time to adjust, it is just unfortunate that we haven't really got that time.

Borini was industrious again but nothing really came off for him and he seemed to get more nervy and ponderous in decent positions as the game wore on, the little bit of stick he took for pulling out of a few challenges didnt help his cause. He is most certainly not a right sided player and needs to be playing centrally with Suarez out there for me.

In terms of our pressing it is very much a work in progress, we are not pressing as a team at this moment in time which means that Arsenal found it far to easy to play it around us at the back and midfield, there was no greater example of this than the second goal. I think games like this are to be expected at this moment in time and we need to be patient with Rodgers and the players. Whether you agree or disagree with his appointment we need to start looking long term and we need continuity and consistency at the club. 3 new managers in 3 years is evidence of the turmoil we have been in and this simply has to stop.

My personal opinion is that I like Rodgers and I like the way that he is trying to get us play, at this moment in time we are a little bit predictable and one dimensional, with a lot of our possession in front of teams where we are not going to really hurt them. If Suarez and Gerrard have an off day then we are pretty much goosed. This is something we need to address in future transfer windows, which is another issue in itself. At this moment things aren't too great, but the only way out of it is hard work, commitment and believing in the way that we play. It was a pretty shitty day though.

Brilliant post mate voice of reason,ive pretty much wrote this season off as work in progress.I do not want to see another change of manager because i think rodgers has something about him

Well that was fucking depressing!

After the positive response to last weeks performance, we manage to fuck up a mundane transfer of a fairly average, but increasing important player and then top it off with that abject performance today. If FSG (who I still don't blame), Ayre (who I do) and Rodgers have took most of the shit over the debacle on Friday, It was the players turn today.

The same players, have made the same mistakes since the start of this season, Suarez is careless and selfish, Skrtel looks anxious, Gerrard looks lost and Pepe looks like a busted flush.

It seems to me that Rodgers has tinkered with 433 to provide Gerrard with a free role, which involves Borini doing a lot more work than Sterling, but Gerrard isn't (certainly not at the moment) offering anything, and has in my opinion been responsible for 3 goals so far. He annoyed me today, it always seems to be him trying to push it and losing possession and it always seems to be him failing to get back. I think something needs to be done about accomodating him, he for once, has to fit in with the team. He does it for England and is happy to do so, and he has to start doing it for us. This isn't criticising the decision to accomodate him, he was our best player and we did the right thing building the team around him. But I don't think we can afford to do this anymore.

Pepe needs to be told ship up or fuck off. I am getting fed up with shit from him, shit clearances, shit catching and now fucking shit goals conceded because he can't even manage the basics, we are not talking about positioning any more we are talking about basic fucking shot stopping and he is becomming a liability.

In a nutshell, that has been our problem for a few years now, always thinking a little change will help us. We are either relying upon an inury prone Gerrard and a moody Torress, or we are waiting for Caroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson to show us something and now experienced players are fucking up on a weekly basis. Gerrard, Reina, Skrtel and Suarez should be leading but they are not, and Allen and Sterling apart nobody stood up today.

I think it is now safe to add Enrique to the failures of 2011 summer transfers, meaning that Downing, Henderson, Adam and Enrique on top of Caroll have cost the club £80-90m and offered fuck all in return.

Say all you want about FSG, but a benefactor aside, no owners can subsidise that spending for so little return and be expected to not only sanction another spending spree but also absorb a loss of £30m within a year. Their mistake has been in hiring Commoli, and in hindsight allowing so much to be spent by a manager they never wanted.

It is going to take time, but if our main players don't step up and don't stop making basic errors we won't get better. I like Rodgers, I like the way we are trying to play and in Allen I see the type of player I want to watch, Sahin will get better, Sterling and Shelvey could become very good players this season and I hope Borini can improve. We are going to need something we have not had a lot of this past couple of years which is luck. But if we start with the basics I think we can do well.

They have to back Rodgers in January.

Edited by Whelan

I think it is now safe to add Enrique to the failures of 2011 summer transfers, meaning that Downing, Henderson, Adam and Enrique on top of Caroll have cost the club £80-90m and offered fuck all in return.

Say all you want about FSG, but a benefactor aside, no owners can subsidise that spending for so little return and be expected to not only sanction another spending spree but also absorb a loss of £30m within a year. Their mistake has been in hiring Commoli, and in hindsight allowing so much to be spent by a manager they never wanted.

It is going to take time, but if our main players don't step up and don't stop making basic errors we won't get better. I like Rodgers, I like the way we are trying to play and in Allen I see the type of player I want to watch, Sahin will get better, Sterling and Shelvey could become very good players this season and I hope Borini can improve. We are going to need something we have not had a lot of this past couple of years which is luck. But if we start with the basics I think we can do well.

They have to back Rodgers in January.

An excellent post. I don't share your estimation of Shelvey, but I go with the rest.

We will need to stick by Rodgers - five managers in three years would be unthinkable.