You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enrique, suarez, gerrard and reina were all very poor, four senior players and they all were dreadful

unfortunately for us, enrique, reina and gerrard have been poor for us for a while

i'd certainly play robinson instead of enrique now

reina is undroppable because we have no even half-decent reserve

gerrard should be dropped for shelvey

sterling and allen were very good and it's very sad that a teenager and a new signing put our senior players to shame

awful performance, the last half-hour was painful, 2-0 down and the game played out like a pre-season friendly, never seen us so devoid of aggression and passion at home (apart from during the hodgson days which i had hoped would never be repeated)

all in all depressing

Nothing new to say about this performance. Once again, if you can't score from open play and you concede with nearly every chance the opposition creates, you're not going to get very far. We need a better goalkeeper and we need another option up front. Simple as that.

Lackluster performance, no drive or urgency.

Defence was an issue for me, the central defenders were often 20 to 30 yards behind the midfield leaving oceans of space. Happened for the goal and Diaby's run where they should have scored plus a few other occasions.

This needs addressing otherwise we'll ship goals.

Personally I'd pick Shelvey from the start and push gerrard forward with Allen just in front of the back 2.

Thought Allen was excellent.

We're so toothless its untrue. Woefully short of any goal threat whatsoever. Gerrards not moving the same as he used too, I'm not prepared to right him off though he'll come good again that for certain, he was very good v man city after all. Unsurprisingly the crowd and the players where a bit flat today, largely due to the incompetence of our owners. The positives - Allen and Sterling continue to impress. I may be the only one, but i see a player in Borini, but he's only 21 and theres a lot of pressure on him to start scoring , but we need him too and soon. His work rate is epic and he's the toughest Italian to ever grace the premiership and never shirks a tackle. The midfield 3 should be Shelvey,Allen and Gerrard for me in the next game as Sahin looked very unfit and Shelvey proved a threat when he came on. Im not panicking yet as we are only 3 games in and we will improve. The only lingering doubt though is where the goals are going to come from, his will surely be addressed in January by which point it will probably be to late.

Lackluster performance, no drive or urgency.

Defence was an issue for me, the central defenders were often 20 to 30 yards behind the midfield leaving oceans of space. Happened for the goal and Diaby's run where they should have scored plus a few other occasions.

This needs addressing otherwise we'll ship goals.

Personally I'd pick Shelvey from the start and push gerrard forward with Allen just in front of the back 2.

Thought Allen was excellent.

The problem is that this isn't an accident. It's by design. Swansea did the exact same thing. It's why I said before the season started: Will Rodgers break the defence before he gets everything else working?

Which would be a problem, because the defence was all we had going for us last year.

We don't have the possession game to support that system and we don't have a goalkeeper (right now) who can handle the consequences. As a couple of others have mentioned, it's all well and good to setup your defence as though you've got a great a possession game, but what if you haven't yet? You better get smart or pragmatic real quick.

In the post match press conference, rodgers didn't rule out a move for owen.

I couldn't give a fuck if we brought in Owen. If that's what they think is needed, do it. It's for our benefit, not his. As long as it's not a rapist or serial killer i dont care. And even then, maybe if they served their time and did a bit of charity work...

Did you actually read the post? I was having a go at Suarez you daft cunt.

Suarez is going to to have to go head to head with 4 defenders by himself and probably dribble past them all to score a goal this season.He will do it maybe a dozen times but he's a cunt after today hey.

Fuckwit.

Way too slow getting the ball forward. A passing game is great, as long as you are passing with attacking intent. passing for the sake of it is simply a waste of fucking time. We have players with pace who cah hurt the opposition, but we choose to endlessly play the ball back and forth on the halfway line , or attempt suicide passing across the back 4. Allen and Sterling were outstanding today, the rest were fucking dogshit.

Way too slow getting the ball forward. A passing game is great, as long as you are passing with attacking intent. passing for the sake of it is simply a waste of fucking time. We have players with pace who cah hurt the opposition, but we choose to endlessly play the ball back and forth on the halfway line , or attempt suicide passing across the back 4. Allen and Sterling were outstanding today, the rest were fucking dogshit.

You didn't see much of the brand of football rodgers was hired for did you?

You're in for a long season.