You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
To think that Kenny lost his job partly because he was defending this buck toothed primadonna is fucking sickening.

On the AIDS-scale, this post comes here:

Not AIDS <--------------------------------|-> AIDS.

It's a tough league. Liverpool aren't as strong as they once were, the squad is lacking.

You played badly against West Brom. Deservedly lost

You've the champions and deserved to win.

You played a top 4 competitor and lost.

Great start? no

Disaster? no

It's going to be another tough season. But it's 3 games in and lots of teams are still finding their feet.

I thought Sterling looked great and he reminded me of a young Shaun Wright-Phillips (quite possibly better).

There are just some games - Liverpool v Arsenal / Chelsea / United etc that can be 2-0 or 0-2 on any given day.

I'll say this again too - Gerrard's the finest English player I've seen in 30 years, but Liverpool's future lies beyond him. It would a tragedy if he continues too long and the memories of him are tarnished with poor performances. I still think there's a couple of years in him, but the current Liverpool squad will probably cause that remaining lifetime to be shortened.

As for blaming Kenny? hmmm... this slow decline's been a long time in the making, and can't really be pinned on 12 months or so from Kenny. A succession of issues, coupled with the improvement of other teams has just made life much more difficult.

Kenny was a legend not a miracle worker. He made some mistakes (so did Fergie, so did Mourinho, so did Shanks for that matter).

Thought Enrique was our worst player, absolute shite, another player we need to upgrade big time (ok reading that back it's harsh, he mightn't be up to speed yet, but he's absolutely hopeless in possession). Bringing back Riise and Dudek would improve us still, 7 years after Istanbul.

Lucas will be a huge miss again. Don't need to mention our problems up front. We need someone AHEAD of Suarez, someone to give him SPACE and another option other than running into a wall and losing possession. Gerrard needs to be dropped for Shelvey for the next game.

Positives for this season : Shelvey, Sterling and a few others should all develop into good players for us in the future.

Negatives: Probably going to be worse than last season. Actually, extremely likely.

Not time to dwell on the negatives, but it's increasingly tough to see how and when this team will click offensively. It's an emerging theme -- Suarez was completely miserable, Gerrard was hapless, as was Borini. Downing didn't suck, but there was fuck all expectation on him to produce anything.

A grim day.

Rumours at Anfield were rife over lunch with tittle tattle with club officials and ex players. Kenny no longer on speaking terms with Ayre, a blazing row between Rodgers and Ayre yesterday given credence by Rodger’s body language and foul mood , an unhappy Pepe pissed off that a move to Spurs had been nixed when Spurs plumped for Lloris.

On the pitch, I was unimpressed. Make no mistake, this was a soft game against a rejigged Arsenal side lacking confidence. Stirling looked good. Reina’s mind is elsewhere, and has been for some time. His second clanger in two games is inexcusable. Suarez simply cannot afford to miss the chance he got around the 88th minute. Shelvey looked well out of his depth.

Brendan has been badly let down by Ayre – I hope he sticks with it.

Well, now it's getting a little worrying. I thought first half we looked ok, even after the goal, we were the better team. Sterling looked good, and we looked fairly threatening. Second half, well what the fuck happened there? Even before they scored we just looked toothless. I don't think anyone did themselves credit second half bar Shelvey. Absolutely nothing happening. Suarez should have had a penalty and once again got no decisions. If that had been fucking Shane Long...

Anyway Borini is obviously going to need time to settle in. I agree it should be him played down the middle, but he's by no means the finished product, which of course he wont be at 21. Sterling still has a lot to learn, so basically any team that plays us just has to nullify Suarez, put 2 or 3 players on him, give him no time or space, and that's it, we don't even seem to be able to create anything then. Then of course the manager thinks well how shall I change this and realises he doesn't have another fucking semi-experienced striker to turn to! So his only option is Downing, who tried hard this time, but well you know, it's the same old story with him.

I'm all for giving kids a go, but if some of them turn out to be on a lower level than we all hope for, then we are in for a rough time.

I thought we'd be playing for a position between 7th and 9th this season, but if we don't get a win in the next two games confidence will continue to drain away, other teams will have their tails up, and it will start to look a little scary.

we've got football novices at board level, a guy negotiating transfers who's better at finding sponsors, we've got a young manager with very little top level experience (but who undoubtedly has a good footballing philosophy and who deserves all the support we can give him as he'll need it) and a young team, again with many players lacking top level experience. As far as I can see it is certainly going to be a rough ride for the next few months and a steep learning curve for all of those I've just mentioned. Just a case of get behind the team and support them.

On the AIDS-scale, this post comes here:

Not AIDS <--------------------------------|-> AIDS.

why are all these pricks having a go and excuse using Kenny Dalglish as a scape goat?! The man turned is into a half decent side after being total kak! Leave it...the old saying 'your only as good as your last game should apply'

p.s. I see West Brom are doing well. Have a think all!

Didn't think we were dreadful, but no real thrust to us at all.

I was very surprised at the side picked against Hearts on Thursday & think it showed today as Suarez, Gerrard & Borini were very sluggish.

Thought Sahin was tidy & surprised at people having a go at him after his first competitive hour of the season.

Note the poster having a go at Enrique, but I thought he did OK & while his balls into the box aren't special, it also must be taken account of that we never have anybody in there to challenge anyway.

Don't want to give up on Pepe but he is making it very difficult for his supporters to give any decent reason for him to retain his place ( Where is Doni ? ).

I would go 4231 ( Sahin / Allen Gerrard/ Suarez / Sterling Borini )

why are all these pricks having a go and excuse using Kenny Dalglish as a scape goat?! The man turned is into a half decent side after being total kak! Leave it...the old saying 'your only as good as your last game should apply'

p.s. I see West Brom are doing well. Have a think all!

Did you actually read the post? I was having a go at Suarez you daft cunt.

Rodgers is extremely naive... To be this pigheaded regarding style of play is astonishing. He is a typical "all eggs in the same basket" type manager. Better teams with exceptional individuals can get away with it consistently, we can not. He is as much to blame as anybody else for the transfer deadline failures. I'm not a Carroll fan, but he does bring something to the team when he is used correctly.Today we had no aerial ability at all in the front 6, which means we had to play short passes all the way from the back. Arsenal predicted that and knew exactly what to do to shut us up.

Our goalkeeper and defense is all over the place, our midfield and attack are all one trick ponies. I hate being negative but i am bracing myself for a very long season of poor results. I hope to god i am wrong, and i will support everyone and everything connected to the club as long as they are here, but i will stick my head out and predict that Rodgers will not be able to get us back into CL.

Might seem harsh this early in Rodgers reign, but i hate it when we seem to do the same mistakes over and over again without understanding why we fail to get results. I excused it during preseason, but in my opinion this already cost us 8 points this season. Rodgers said himself that winning is more important than implementing a certain style of play.