You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfer deadline day......

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we've fucked up any chance of a decent season by not getting an attacker

we've got

Suarez- brilliant player obviously, but appalling conversion rate

Borini- 21, playing as a wide forward, 2nd full season as a first team footballer, new to the club and league

Morgan- 18 year old played about 55 minutes of first team football

Pacheco- clearly out of favour might also be going

well played FSG, hope you enjoy you profits on Agger, Skrtel, Suarez, Lucas and Allen next year when they've had enough of playing for a midtable side

Guest San Don
There's an hour left for FSG to prove they aren't complete pricks. If things don't improve, then I hope we get behind BR like we did Rafa when C&A fucked up his chances of signing good players

Nope! Window closes at 11pm tonight, not 12.

It was quite clear to most that our problem last year was lack of goals.

Now seems to me we are a lot lighter up front and that puts immense pressure on the few options we have in that area who are either new or young and inexperienced.

Never expected this to be honest - really seems that the main aim was reducing the wage bill. Fourth is totally unrealistic now and, to be frank, I find it impossible to believe that it was a genuine objective for the hierarchy at the club.

The really worrying thing is that I suspect BR might be feeling every bit as let down as many of us are tonight. Think we found a gem of a manager there but after this? Well I dunno.

Off to bed before I say something I'll really regret.

Guest San Don
When we first approached him the opportunity was there to do the deal. The player wanted to join us, and as today has proved, Fulham were prepared to sell for the right price. But we failed to follow through with a deal which was there to be done.

Whether you wanted him or not is irrelevant.

I hope that helps.

I stated my position on dempsey so people know where Im coming from. Simples.

There's no way we were buying Dempsey because fulham wanted 10 million off us for him. That's why we didnt 'follow up' our initial interest.

If you think fulham were going to accept any less from us, you're deluded.

It was quite clear to most that our problem last year was lack of goals.

Now seems to me we are a lot lighter up front and that puts immense pressure on the few options we have in that area who are either new or young and inexperienced.

Never expected this to be honest - really seems that the main aim was reducing the wage bill. Fourth is totally unrealistic now and, to be frank, I find it impossible to believe that it was a genuine objective for the hierarchy at the club.

The really worrying thing is that I suspect BR might be feeling every bit as let down as many of us are tonight. Think we found a gem of a manager there but after this? Well I dunno what the future holds tbh.

Off to bed before I say something I'll really regret.

Our strongest first eleven looks good, but our squad looks worryingly paper thin. This has been an appalling end to the transfer window and we are leaving ourselves exposed to a couple of injuries to key players. Don't forget Lucas is already out for three months, we are taking yet another massive gamble here. We are potentially gong to be relying on our kids. I don't know what the fuck has gone on, but we are supposedly competing in four competitions and I can only see that ending up with injuries to key players. The owners have their own agenda, there's an awful lot of spin and rhetoric but very little substance.

Wonder how long it will be until we hear some bollocks about moneyball or the financial fair play rules. These owners are a smoother version of the last two.

I just want them out, they're not up to it and don't have the stomach for it, they're not the worst but they're not good enough.

Im now officially very worried. Where the fuck are the goals gonna come from? what if Suarez gets injured? What if Borini doesnt cut it?

How can we play 433 with only 2 strikers? All of my optimism has drained out of me, I think we`ll struggle for top 8.

There's an hour left for FSG to prove they aren't complete pricks. If things don't improve, then I hope we get behind BR like we did Rafa when C&A fucked up his chances of signing good players

why get behind BR? if he hadnt decided that he wanted a clear out BEFORE making sure that he had someone that was 100% going to sign then he can take as much of the blame as the next person

may sound harsh but getting rid of 1 of your 3 strikers no matter if he fits your system 48 hours before the window closes and then to sell a midfielder and loan another 1 out with 12 hours to bring someone else in it to say the least a touch fucking stupid

BR's only interest is to get rid of KK's signings.Yes they may not have been the best in the world but what happened to the BR that could work with players and make them better ???

i think this transfer window has taken us backwards and if we finish in the top 10 id be suprised