You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mersey Ferries

dickie mint

The Ferries are reported to be losing £1 Million a year,this service is a part of are heritage but do we use them or is it just Tourists and Nans and Grandads just taking the kids on a day out. Being honest the last time I went on them was when my kids where kids where young about 12 years ago,it is something we take for granted but very really use.

Thankfully there is a Royal Charter so they cannot do away with them so thats one good thing.

That Duck thing looks treacherous to me as it lurches around the Alber Dock. I went on the ferry last week for the first time in more years than I care to remeber, still as smelly as I remember as a kid. But it was ok. Seemed to be full of tourists singing.

Riverboat Shuffle Music Festival

The Riverboat Shuffle Music Festival is being held to mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles last performance on the Royal Iris. The festival is part of the city wide celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles.

This is an opportunity to witness some of the city’s most celebrated musicians and authors in a unique and intimate setting – on board the iconic Mersey Ferries – as part of a special two hour cruise along the River Mersey.’

Performance and ticket details (evening performances)

• Wednesday 26 September: Liverpool Jazz presents The Speakeasy Bootleg Band

• Thursday 27 September: Ian Prowse & Friends plus special guests The Hummingbirds

• Friday 28 September: Henry Priestman plus special guests Shamona

• Sunday 30 September: Ian McNabb

Tickets for all shows are just £10 each. Book online or by calling 0151 330 1444.

Departure times: Seacombe Ferry Terminal - 19:15, Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal - 19:30.

Returning times: Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal - 21:30, Seacombe Ferry Terminal - 21:40

Full bar service available on each cruise

I don't know Henry Priestman, but McNabb and Prowse are always good value.

The Riverboat Shuffle Music Festival is being held to mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles last performance on the Royal Iris. The festival is part of the city wide celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles.

This is an opportunity to witness some of the city’s most celebrated musicians and authors in a unique and intimate setting – on board the iconic Mersey Ferries – as part of a special two hour cruise along the River Mersey.’

• Wednesday 26 September: Liverpool Jazz presents The Speakeasy Bootleg Band

• Thursday 27 September: Ian Prowse & Friends plus special guests The Hummingbirds

• Friday 28 September: Henry Priestman plus special guests Shamona

• Sunday 30 September: Ian McNabb

Tickets for all shows are just £10 each. Book online or by calling 0151 330 1444.

Departure times: Seacombe Ferry Terminal - 19:15, Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal - 19:30.

Returning times: Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal - 21:30, Seacombe Ferry Terminal - 21:40

I don't know Henry Priestman, but McNabb and Prowse are always good value.

That sounds like a good night out I might give it a whirl.

The Ferries are reported to be losing £1 Million a year,this service is a part of are heritage but do we use them or is it just Tourists and Nans and Grandads just taking the kids on a day out. Being honest the last time I went on them was when my kids where kids where young about 12 years ago,it is something we take for granted but very really use.

Thankfully there is a Royal Charter so they cannot do away with them so thats one good thing.

I wonder if that is a day to day operating loss, or does that include the pier head revamp, new landing stage etc..?

I love the ferries. You can't beat that blast of sea air, the soot from the funnel or the view of 'that' waterfront. Try and go on them at least once a year.

I wonder if that is a day to day operating loss, or does that include the pier head revamp, new landing stage etc..?

I love the ferries. You can't beat that blast of sea air, the soot from the funnel or the view of 'that' waterfront. Try and go on them at least once a year.

Good post mate you're spot on and if we dont use them we can't moan when they start cut backs.

This is an opportunity to witness some of the city's most celebrated musicians and authors in a unique and intimate setting - on board the iconic Mersey Ferries - as part of a special two hour cruise along the River Mersey.'

o Wednesday 26 September: Liverpool Jazz presents The Speakeasy Bootleg Band

o Thursday 27 September: Ian Prowse & Friends plus special guests The Hummingbirds

o Friday 28 September: Henry Priestman plus special guests Shamona

o Sunday 30 September: Ian McNabb

Departure times: Seacombe Ferry Terminal - 19:15' date=' Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal - 19:30.

I don't know Henry Priestman, but McNabb and Prowse are always good value.[/quote']

Henry was the songwriter in the Christians. Was also in It's Immaterial and The Yachts, has a great solo album out at the moment too.

• 2 years later...