You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

all our big signings from comolli/kenny era bar suarez look like they're no longer in favour

henderson and downing on the bench

adam not in the squad

carroll on the bench and for sale

even enrique was on the bench and we have no left backs although he did take a knock recently

so what is this CHAD legacy?

as of today it looks like comolli/kenny have spearheaded the most disasterous era in the transfer market in our history

the irony of it all is that all the signings they made that they started every week were benched or left out today and the one guy they left out constantly started.

would kenny/comolli admit they screwed up?

would kenny admit he continued to play these players even when they weren't performing out of hope they would justify the huge fees spunked on them?

one thing most of these kenny/comolli signings have in common, and here I am particularly referring to CHAD is a poor mentality, an lack of what Johnny Giles would call "honesty" - the ability to perform under pressure, it's very sad that so much money was wasted on those players

so overall what is the CHAD legacy?

1. kenny/comolli lost their jobs

2. our transfer budget is relatively meagre this season

3. rodgers needs to restructure the squad again despite the 100 million plus spend

therefore overall i would suggest the CHAD legacy has set us back 2 years

i still think henderson may come good if rodgers can inspire him and instill some confidence in him but overall just like the disasterous houllier triple signing of diouf/diao/cheyrou set us back a couple of seasons, so too has the CHAD thing been a massive blow

yes, those players have been slated but looking at the bigger picture it's hard to underestimate the amount of damage done and the most difficult thing for all of us to get our heads around is that the guy who lives and breathes the club and whom we all adore was right at the forefront of it.

Henderson is 6th choice CM , he'll be out the door next summer along with Downing , Adam will be out of here in this window.

It wasn't just the most disasterous bunch of transfers in our history but in English footballs , each and every forum member on here could of made a better fist of it , thats how awful it was.

The worst thing is that there was 2 of them at it so you think one could of stopped the other , but no , i'ld love to know what they both really think about it now and what was going through their heads at the time.

It put us back 3/4 years , if the Carroll money had went on a genuine 30 odd million pound striker and the rest went on genuine quailty this summer we would of been putting the finishing touches on a strong squad , instead were starting again from scratch and further away from top 4 as weve ever been.

If it wasn't Kenny you would think deliberate sabotage was a possibility.

Henderson is 6th choice CM , he'll be out the door next summer along with Downing , Adam will be out of here in this window.

It wasn't just the most disasterous bunch of transfers in our history but in English footballs , each and every forum member on here could of made a better fist of it , thats how awful it was.

The worst thing is that there was 2 of them at it so you think one could of stopped the other , but no , i'ld love to know what they both really think about it now and what was going through their heads at the time.

It put us back 3/4 years , if the Carroll money had went on a genuine 30 odd million pound striker and the rest went on genuine quailty this summer we would of been putting the finishing touches on a strong squad , instead were starting again from scratch and further away from top 4 as weve ever been.

If it wasn't Kenny you would think deliberate sabotage was a possibility.

I don't even know why I bother...

The worst transfers in football history include Suarez, Enrique and Coates?You've written off Carroll and Henderson, just like most people written off Lucas and booed him at Anfield. I can't Imagine what your reaction would be if Kenny had bought a defender like Jones for 18m or a keeper like De Gea for £20m.

It's a lower budget film series set in the Bourne universe. Jason Bourne has a brother who was also brainwashed, but instead of being turned into a supersoldier he's a dimwitted American college student who's part of a fraternity.

"You saw Jason Bourne's journey conclude with The Bourne Ultimatum ... now see how the story continues with The Chad Legacy!"

It is the worst bit of transfer activity done in our history. Up there with Risdale and a few corrupt Italian clubs as being the worst in football history.

Simply put, the players Kenny signed have few redeeming qualities but were signed at massive fees. It's brushed under the carpet because Kenny is a legend. It's still the truth though and every poster on here knows it.

Long-term impact? It depends on how good Rodgers is. I think he looks like he has got what it takes. But if we'd hired another terrible talent-spotter this summer it wouldn't have been 1-2 years damage, it would have been terminal.

The most galling thing about those transfers was not only did we spend £35m on Andy Carroll but we spent £35m on an injured Andy Carroll. Why not hold that Torres money until the summer and invest it then?

Knowing those fat Southern Geordies, pissed as fuck were literally laughing their asses off at us as we, like a bunch of drunken sailors at a port on payday went looking to spunk our money up against a wall. It was the most pointless, clueless transfer in the history of the game.

I said it at the time that he would end up going back to Newcastle for a shit fee and they would get to laugh at us all over again but I think he has been so poor for us, his movement with or without the ball is Tony Cascarinoesque at best that if we got £5m and him off the wage bill I'd take it.

I was amazed with the reception he got when he came on yesterday. He is what is potentially standing in the way of us getting a goal scoring center forward in before Friday.

The most galling thing about those transfers was not only did we spend £35m on Andy Carroll but we spent £35m on an injured Andy Carroll. Why not hold that Torres money until the summer and invest it then?

Knowing those fat Southern Geordies, pissed as fuck were literally laughing their asses off at us as we, like a bunch of drunken sailors at a port on payday went looking to spunk our money up against a wall. It was the most pointless, clueless transfer in the history of the game.

I said it at the time that he would end up going back to Newcastle for a shit fee and they would get to laugh at us all over again but I think he has been so poor for us, his movement with or without the ball is Tony Cascarinoesque at best that if we got £5m and him off the wage bill I'd take it.

I was amazed with the reception he got when he came on yesterday. He is what is potentially standing in the way of us getting a goal scoring center forward in before Friday.

I think you have to look at the situation at the time without hindsight to understand why we did it ( Doesn't excuse it ).

We were receiving £57m from Torres & Babel & only spent £22m on Suarez

( We had no idea how brilliant he would be at that juncture ) and with the fanbase still unsure about the 'New yanks' there would have been absolute bloodshed if they had pocketed the best part of the £35m and said ' wait until summer'.

Negative post for the sake of being negative.

We'll see who is moved on before the transfer window closes but the players who are still here will need the support of the fans.

Worth pointing out that Lucas at one stage of his career was booed and a previous manager deemed Poulsen a better option and Lucas (imho) has gone from strength to strength, I see no reason why a similar turn around can't happen for someone like Henderson.

The sad thing to me is we almost did not have to do it - after the first 6 months with Kenny in charge what was needed was tweaking not massive rebuilding. A quality striker above all - to play alongside Suarez and for that we should have been prepared to pay whatever it took.

FSG tho maybe thought they needed to show how 'good' they were as owners and gave us lots of money to spend - or to rephrase that let us have the Torres cash and a bit more - and altho I know there will be smartarses who will tell you that they knew they'd all be failures at the time of their signings I do not think many of us expected them to be as bad as they have been.

The season before Adam and Downing had been players of the season in the PL for their previous clubs and Henderson had won England caps at the age of 20. I think many of us baulked at the size of the Carroll fee but that was cos of the circumstances and he was after all a lad who seemed capable of scoring in the PL.

Imo Torres has a lot to answer for cos if he had not done what he did in January 2011 a lot of what followed would not have happened.

Also a problem is the way Kenny is as a person - intensely loyal who will always stand by people and those qualities caused him to play a lot of these players far more than he should have last season - Henderson imo particularly.

You also cannot ignore the effect of the Evra affair on the club as up till then we were doing OK and the undeniable fact that we did not have a lot of luck in games - woodwork, penalties ...etc.

Yes looking at it now it does look bad but you will get me knocking Kenny over it or thinking the worse of him cos of it, that is for the kneejerkers and people who follow the Sky agenda who seem to delight in knocking LFC and anything to do with it.

Now we who love the club need to look forward not back and get behind all still at the club - as I am sure Kenny is doing cos he is one such himself.

I prefer to focus on the Allen and Borini signings which look strong.

Kenny exceeded our expectations with the healing , cathartic and sentimental aspects of his tenure. However the downsides of his having been out of the transfer loop for so long were cruelly exposed – Suarez was being scouted when Rafa was here. Comolli should have plugged that gap, but failed to do so.

The wages and wasted fees will be a drag for some time yet, but the upside is that Rodgers appears to be a man with an eye for a player. Onwards and upwards.

so what is this CHAD legacy?

Look, first rule of CHAD is never talk about CHAD. To sum up, It's an underground network, lead by a former Liverpool football strategist and a Liverpool Legend and it has an aim to destroy Liverpool from inside by buying players who do not represent value for money in the eyes of the SKy generation of fans. No one knows the true leader of CHAD though, rumours say it's another Scottish manager with purple nose and love for whisky

It was fucking depressing yesterday when the camera panned to our £80m bench and we were looking at Henderson, Carroll and Downing.

What an abortion.

At some point one of the commentators said soemthing like 'not a bad bench to have'. I nearly shit.

It was fucking depressing yesterday when the camera panned to our £80m bench and we were looking at Henderson, Carroll and Downing.

What an abortion.

We have a pretty good first eleven now. A few players, like Coates, Shelvey and Kelly are also capable deputies (infact you could argue that moving Johnson to left back and playing Kelly is possibly better than playing Enrique).

Unfortunately, we're still lacking a really clinical poacher. We also have half a dozen turds left to be flushed. Hopefully we can rectify, at least partially, both problems in the next few days.