You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lance Armstrong calls it quits in fight against doping charges

aikido

As others have said, hopefully he will be sued and will lose his cash. That's what will hurt him. He is worth many, many millions. He has likely done a few sums and imagined the lawsuits and all the rest of it, and he has probably made a calculated gamble that he will be left with enough millions to live very comfortably, and he will be allowed to compete again in other lower grade events, perhaps even in other sports.

Hopefully he will be wrong. It would be good if he lost all his cash. It would also be good if he did a stretch inside, like Marion Jones. If that happened it might do two things:

1. Humble the guy, so he truly had a chance to change

2. Serve as a deterrent, though I doubt it, as there will always be plenty of people willing to risk it

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humble the guy, so he truly had a chance to change

No chance Rev.

Watching that interview (the second one) all he's pissed about is getting caught and not 'managing' his punishment better.

'If I spoke to them earlier I'd have got 6 months suspended same as everyone else'.

He still doesn't believe he's done anything wrong, still reckons everyone else is wrong and he's the hard done by one.

He needs his nose ground in to it and I still doubt he'd get it.

He's a compulsive liar. About everything.

Like I said earlier, he has all the feel of an abuser....'it wasn't me....'

And I don't know whether it is a cultural thing but there is nothing in his manner that comes across as genuine.

Like you said, Colin, he doesn't think he's done anything wrong

Like I said earlier, he has all the feel of an abuser....'it wasn't me....'

And I don't know whether it is a cultural thing but there is nothing in his manner that comes across as genuine.

Like you said, Colin, he doesn't think he's done anything wrong

This. And whats more is he thinks he's hard done by and we should feel sorry for him.

I'm sorry but 'jerk Colin' at home gets a beating round the ear and is left in no uncertain terms what is, and isn't acceptable.

EDIT: Just been chatting with our clinical psych who reckons he's raging PD. Pissed I didn't spot it myself but it's so obvious watching those interviews.

This. And whats more is he thinks he's hard done by and we should feel sorry for him.

I'm sorry but 'jerk Colin' at home gets a beating round the ear and is left in no uncertain terms what is' date=' and isn't acceptable.

EDIT: Just been chatting with our clinical psych who reckons he's raging PD. Pissed I didn't spot it myself but it's so obvious watching those interviews.[/quote']

Paulie Dangerously?

I'm sorry but 'jerk Colin' at home gets a beating round the ear and is left in no uncertain terms what is' date=' and isn't acceptable.

EDIT: Just been chatting with our clinical psych who reckons he's raging PD. Pissed I didn't spot it myself but it's so obvious watching those interviews.[/quote']

Narcisstic?

I'm sorry but 'jerk Colin' at home gets a beating round the ear and is left in no uncertain terms what is, and isn't acceptable.

EDIT: Just been chatting with our clinical psych who reckons he's raging PD. Pissed I didn't spot it myself but it's so obvious watching those interviews.

bloody hell, how did you not spot it? Even Code knows Lance is a sociopath.

No chance Rev.

Watching that interview (the second one) all he's pissed about is getting caught and not 'managing' his punishment better.

'If I spoke to them earlier I'd have got 6 months suspended same as everyone else'.

He still doesn't believe he's done anything wrong, still reckons everyone else is wrong and he's the hard done by one.

He needs his nose ground in to it and I still doubt he'd get it.

He's a compulsive liar. About everything.

I fear you are quite right.

What I found most shocking and sickening was not what he said in the interview, it was his body language and facial expressions.

He should be ashamed, but he was smiling through out the interview and almost laughing and smirking at times. He's not guilty or apologetic at all. He is just furious he got caught!