You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lance Armstrong calls it quits in fight against doping charges

aikido

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fuckin classic yank bullshit

"Lance, what you do is distance yourself from the doping, that was a different guy in a different time. This is you now Lance a stand up honest guy. The other guy was a bully and a liar who took drugs. Lets talk about that other guy Lance, but remember it isnt you!"

Emma O’Reilly, the Irishwoman at the heart of the Lance Armstrong story, has rejected the American drug cheat’s attempts at an apology.

Disgraced cyclist Armstrong admitted in his Oprah Winfrey interview that he had attempted to apologise to O’Reilly for his treatment of her.

he Dubliner had worked as a physio and masseuse with Armstrong’s team at the Tour de France and was labelled a ‘whore’ by the cyclist after she spoke about his drug abuse to Irish journalist David Walsh.

Now O’Reilly has rejected his apology and spoken out after he admitted to bullying her in the wake of her interview with Walsh.

O’Reilly, who was sued by Armstrong after the Walsh book L.A. Confidential was published, told ITV breakfast television in Britain that his confession was ‘old news’ to her.

She said: “I missed a call from Armstrong on Sunday night. He then sent a text saying: ‘This is Lance, call me please, thanks’.

“Sorry is not at all enough at this stage. All of it has never felt like vindication - I can never think of another word to use but I hate that word because it suggests almost that there was some vindictiveness.

“I had only ever spoken about it because I hated seeing what some of the riders were going through, because not all the riders were comfortable with cheating as Lance was.

“You could see when they went over to the dark side their personalities change, and I always felt it was an awful shame - they were just young lads in the prime of their life having to make this awful decision, sort of living the dream, yet the dream is a nightmare.

“That was always why I had spoken out - it wasn’t about Lance, it was about drugs and cycling.”

Armstrong had earlier admitted to Oprah Winfrey that he had tried to apologise to O’Reilly for his vicious personal attacks on her.

She had worked with the US Postal Service team from 1996 to 2000 and was one of the key whistleblowers in the case against Armstrong.

After labelling O’Reilly a ‘whore’ and an ‘alcoholic’, Armstrong tried to apologise on Sunday night.

The shamed star told Oprah: “She’s one of these people that I have to apologise to. She’s one of these people who got run over, who got bullied.”

Asked if he had taken legal action against O’Reilly, a hesitant Armstrong added: “To be honest Oprah we sued so many people… I’m sure we did.

Rat?

Does anyone else absolutely not care?

I seriously don't.

I was wound up when there was no proof, and people called him a cheater, but now that it's out... I really don't even care.

I care. Not so much because he makes Code look mentally stable. But because his psychopathic tendencies were directed towards a couple of Irish people I know and respect...

If you play with fire expect to get burnt.

If you work as a masseuse, you expect to be called a prostitute - and sued for telling the truth - by one of the most famous athletes in the world.

If you actually had any knowledge of what you were talking about, I might respect your alternative opinion. But it's abundantly clear that you don't.

If you work as a masseuse, you expect to be called a prostitute - and sued for telling the truth - by one of the most famous athletes in the world.

If you actually had any knowledge of what you were talking about, I might respect your alternative opinion. But it's abundantly clear that you don't.

Well cry me a river.

If she cant handle being called nasty names, then maybe she should have minded her own business then?

Oh and that bolded part made me laugh.

Well cry me a river.

If she cant take being called nasty names, then maybe she should have minded her own business then?

Oh and that bolded part made me laugh.

Are you permanently drunk? Or just irredeemably stupid?

Every single thing you've said on this thread is wrong. Yet, you believe that you're always right.

* Edit: Why did the "bolded" bit make you laugh?