You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What p*sses me off

Priory Doctor

Tonights game at Woodison.

An Everton team full of has beens(Neville,Gibson,Howard) and local old age pensioners (Osman and Hibbert) deservedly beat Man united with a starting eleven that cost less than our Subs bench against WBA on Saturday.

Says a lot about desire and commitment.Never mind about us competing for a top four finish,I fear that they will finish comfortably above us this season.

• Downvote 1

What pisses me off is people making stupid assumptions based on one game at the start of the season and not giving the new manager time to instill his way of playing into the team.

We may finish above Everton, we may not it's far too early to tell but to suggest they will "comfortably finish above us" is laughable, you do know they won't be playing against 2 defenders every week right?

we've got a new manager. if anyone is expecting us to make vast improvements on last season from the off,they are going to be disappointed.

be patient. it make take another 2 or 3 transfer windows to get us squad/team brendan wants. remember how long it took rafa to mount a challenge for the title. it took him 2 years to get us in the top four.

Lots of excuses being made. It's not the manager's fault, but the players, most of whom has been her for a while, who still doesn't understand you won't get anything unless you commit one hundred percent to it in every fucking game. It's a fucking embarassment to the club. I'm sure we'll get a great results against both manc teams and Arsenal, it's so fucking typical these days, and then we go on to play some other half wank team and put in a dreadful performance just for old times sake. `

Fucking fed up with the lack of effort and the fact that the spirit of Istanbul and Cardiff seems so distant I'm starting to think it was in another life. When was the last time we fought back when we were a goal or two down?

we've got a new manager. if anyone is expecting us to make vast improvements on last season from the off,they are going to be disappointed.

be patient. it make take another 2 or 3 transfer windows to get us squad/team brendan wants. remember how long it took rafa to mount a challenge for the title. it took him 2 years to get us in the top four.

While with Rafa, we added world class players year by year. First year Alonso. Second year Reina. Third year Torres & Mascherano... etc

With BR, by the 4th year we might finally manage buy the whole Swansea squad.

Already 'Everton' are top 4 material.

What a joke.

I'm not knocking Everton, I'm knocking the stupidity of making ANY judgment this early on, it's pathetic and Pat Nevin making such a claim should be shot. Has this league not taught folks that ANYTHING can happen on any given day.

Can't be right. It's only the redshite that get carried away at the start of each season and have unrealistic expectations!

Everton are a team, we're a bunch of individuals.

True but only what you would expect at this stage. Continuity leads to an understanding that you can't develop overnight. Moyes has been in the job 11years. We have had 4 managers in 3 what is it now 3 years?

Evertons style of football is shite. Lump it up to Screech and hope for the best.

Ah well, don't get me started on that.

When we play Everton, we know it's a dogs of war game. They come for a draw and hope to snatch something (often do). It's an awful dreaded game when we play them.

When we play Liverpool, we usually get football. We don't like playing Liverpool simply because of years of getting a pasting from you, but in general, it WILL be a proper game of attacking football (in intention at least).

From the City fans I know, the general consensus is that Liverpool will give us space to play in, Everton will try and strangle us. Make of that what you will!