Quantcast
Paul Dempsey on Setanta - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
bouncebrigade

Paul Dempsey on Setanta

I've never liked this fella, arrogant, egotistical and vain. But Saturday was the final straw. Didi was on and at half time Didi said that he thought Liverpool were marginally the better team and were unlucky to be trailing (not an unreasonable comment at HALF TIME). Dempsey sniggered and said,

"Liverpool on top? Really? Remind us who you used to play for again."

Thought it showed a complete lack of respect to a brilliant pundit and a gentleman. If I was Didi I would never set foot on that show again.

I've never liked this fella, arrogant, egotistical and vain. But Saturday was the final straw. Didi was on and at half time Didi said that he thought Liverpool were marginally the better team and were unlucky to be trailing (not an unreasonable comment at HALF TIME). Dempsey sniggered and said,

Thought it showed a complete lack of respect to a brilliant pundit and a gentleman. If I was Didi I would never set foot on that show again.

He should have just responded with Bayern Munich, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man City and Germany. Who did you play for?

Didi is indeed one of the better pundits, but think that you are over re-acting and that it was a bit of light hearted banter.

In the grey, anodyne, bland world of football punditry, that is no bad thing.

Didi is indeed one of the better pundits, but think that you are over re-acting and that it was a bit of light hearted banter.

In the grey, anodyne, bland world of football punditry, that is no bad thing.

Perhaps. Although I don't think he would speak to an ex-United player like that. But maybe I am being hyper-sensitive.

Do they still have pissed up old men talking like they're in the pub on the setanta panel?

Yep, they follow the bloke down the pub American model. Tommy Smyth or smith, an opinionate Irishman, looks a bit like Rod Steiger!

Plus a plethora of shit ex footballers like Robbie Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Shaka Hislop and some Polish ex yank footballer!

I don't understand why people need to hear the views of pundits.

Tune in at 2.55, change channel at half time, tune back in for second half, turn off at final whistle, simple.

Yep, they follow the bloke down the pub American model. Tommy Smyth or smith, an opinionate Irishman, looks a bit like Rod Steiger!

Plus a plethora of shit ex footballers like Robbie Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Shaka Hislop and some Polish ex yank footballer!

That's ESPN not Setanta.

I caught it on my stream.

He came over as a prick,it didn't seem like a light hearted dig.

The bloke is a prick,as are most pundits/presenters.

He should have just responded with Bayern Munich, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man City and Germany. Who did you play for?

Game, set and match Hamann. I would have paid money to see Didi deliver the above line to Dempsey's face.

That would have been epic but without the "who did you play for?"

Didn't that Dempsey lad do the boxing?

Not as moronic as the match commentator on sat. He said WEST BROM have one of the most fearsome front lines in the prem. and then repeated it after they went 3 up

Complete liverpool hating morons

To be fair, though, at halftime of the FA Cup tie at OT after the peno/red card show from Webb, he called him out for both being marginal calls, then said compare it to Webb's leniency in the World Cup final (which was far more deserving of cards) on the basis of not wanting to have too great an impact in such a big game.