You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I think it would be a good thing to bet on Palace getting relegated this season. Several out of contract players and getting a guy with very little coaching experience is bound to be a disaster.

Maybe - but you haven't figured in the the couple dodgy loan deals Vieira will bring in from City.

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I think it would be a good thing to bet on Palace getting relegated this season. Several out of contract players and getting a guy with very little coaching experience is bound to be a disaster.

Fingers crossed.

New managers today are like the proverbial bus - you wait around forever and then two come along at once. 

Which of these appointments is going to offer the most entertainment to opposition supporters? We await with interest and open eyes and ears.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Sounds like Levy had heard everton had appointed a manager so he just went fuck it, Santo, how much do you want, sign here?!

There are few things I could ever said to be this certain about in life, but I would bet everything I own that Levy has never said “fuck it…how much do you want” to anyone.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how the BBC still has the byline for "Klinsmann absolutely interested in Spurs job" directly underneath Nuno getting the job.

Perhaps the're still looking for someone to wipe Kane's arse.

Fucking hate Spurs me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dandyman said:

Flight leiutenent S Parker flys into Bournemouth 

replaced quickly at Fulham by….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57677125

The same old and unsuccessful faces. The whole manager thing is a closed shop with no chance of younger and newer faces getting their chance,unless already a household name.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The same old and unsuccessful faces. The whole manager thing is a closed shop with no chance of younger and newer faces getting their chance,unless already a household name.

Aside from Dean Smith, Graham Potter, Patrick Viera, Mikel Arteta, Daniel Farke, Ralph Hasenhüttl, and OGS you mean?

I also have no idea who Thomas Frank and Francisco Javier Muñoz Llompart are, so I'll add then to the list too.

That's almost half the league.

Scott Parker surely falls into the category or young and untested too. Or do you mean 2 seasons is enough before we end their management careers for good?

From recent history, we've had:

Frank Lampard, Frank De Boer, David Wagner, and Chris Wilder.

8 hours ago, m0e said:

Aside from Dean Smith, Graham Potter, Patrick Viera, Mikel Arteta, Daniel Farke, Ralph Hasenhüttl, and OGS you mean?

I also have no idea who Thomas Frank and Francisco Javier Muñoz Llompart are, so I'll add then to the list too.

That's almost half the league.

Scott Parker surely falls into the category or young and untested too. Or do you mean 2 seasons is enough before we end their management careers for good?

From recent history, we've had:

Frank Lampard, Frank De Boer, David Wagner, and Chris Wilder.

You've pretty much named a load of people,about half who are well known and the others known within the game but fit your argument. We are about half correct on each then. We could add Rafa as one of the old guard of late I suppose. 

After thinking about it,I suppose its all down to agents of managers in the same way it is down to the agents of players who get them these cushy gigs.

• Upvote 1