You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

20 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Inzaghi in talks to become Inter Milan coach. Gannuro Gattuso has left Napoli to become Fiorentina coach

Simone Inzaghi, not Filippo. Caughtoffside.com got confused and ran a story about Filippo, for obvious reasons.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Wonder where Zidane will end up? Will the mancs sack Crackle? Will Fat Sam eventually take over at Real Madrid? 

Allerdyce to Real Madrid is nailed on. Obvs. 

Zidane to Crystal Palace. 

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd be very surprised if Zidane went to PSG. He's a proper dyed in the wall Marseilles lad isn't he? Grew up in La Castellane, it would be like a lad from Toxteth taking over at Utd. 

Ancelloti must be due a top job again soon , reckon Madrid for him and Conte to psg with the promise of even more millions to spend

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, elvis said:

Ancelloti must be due a top job again soon , reckon Madrid for him and Conte to psg with the promise of even more millions to spend

Ancelotti has managed virtually all the big (well, richest) teams on the continent, with the exception of Barcelona and Inter. He’s won the title in four countries, and three Champions Leagues. Hes 61 years old, his son is one of his assistants, England is ideal for his Canadian wife. And, of course, Everton are paying him silly money with no real expectations.

Just like the Ev, he’s going nowhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

Ancelotti has managed virtually all the big (well, richest) teams on the continent, with the exception of Barcelona and Inter. He’s won the title in four countries, and three Champions Leagues. Hes 61 years old, his son is one of his assistants, England is ideal for his Canadian wife. And, of course, Everton are paying him silly money with no real expectations.

All true , but I'd be surprised if he doesn't want to be the first manager to win 4 European cups.

Hope I'm wrong 

7 hours ago, elvis said:

No chance. He’s raking it in with zero pressure at Woodison, and his son’s freeloading there as well.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

All true , but I'd be surprised if he doesn't want to be the first manager to win 4 European cups.

Hope I'm wrong 

I don’t know about that. He looks to me like someone who checked out mentally years ago and is now more motivated by an easier life and enormous salaries. Bringing Real Madrid their first European Cup in over a decade was his last hurrah as an elite European manager.

• Upvote 1

On 28/05/2021 at 12:52, Ron B said:

Lined up for another stint at Real , discussing payoff apparently . Didn't think he'd be there long . 

Nuno favourite to succeed him at the sesspit. 

Shame as I quite like Nuno , nevermind

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Lined up for another stint at Real , discussing payoff apparently . Didn't think he'd be there long . 

Nuno favourite to succeed him at the sesspit. 

Shame as I quite like Nuno , nevermind

Yup, my “He’s going nowhere,” prediction has aged like a fine shit. 

Still, all the best gamblers know that when you lose one bet the only correct response is to start gambling ever more wildly until you recoup your losses. And I reckon I know exactly who the Bloos will call on as their next boss. They need someone who knows the club, with football in his blood, who has experience of working at some of the biggest clubs in Europe, but still who is young and with plenty to prove. 

Davide Ancelotti, it’s time to step up from assistant boss and take over the reins. 

42 minutes ago, elvis said:

Supposedly on the verge of joining Palace , blue fume rising . 

Palace have cancelled negotiations. Apparently a deal was agreed and then Nino asked for more stuff and Palace said forget it. 

In other news, the new Wolves coach, Bruno Lage, looks a tight little dweeb. I can see Klopp disliking him in the same way he disliked that Villarreal coach, who was also a little dweeb. 

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Palace apparently end talks with Nuno Santo due to his 'unreasonable' demands. Steve Parish, what a guy.

Crazy that any small club with ambition would give up the chance of hiring a decent manager like him