You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

Gerrard won't go near spurs 

Nagelsmann off to Bayern

Jesse Marche will replace him at Leipzig

Celtic shouldn't even think about Mourinho. Can't see the board trying that at all

Hopefully Spurs are stupid enough to bring in Klinsmann. They'd be better trying to get Hen ten Cate from Ajax 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Most predictable thing ever. I used to think Levy was pretty shrewd but he dropped a massive bollock there. A bollock bigger than his head.... Which isn't saying much to be fair the little pea headed tit. 

I would be willing to bet that Mourinho has earned more from sackings than he has from being employed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Brighton play good football, and are horrible at converting their chances. Which of course is a pretty important part of it.

They absolutely didnt hang in there and wait for anything when they played us. Took the game to us on both occasions, like they do all games they play. Didnt bother to check but my guess is they pretty much matched us with regards to possession and goal attempts on both occasions

norwich played nice football last season. they went down because they're shit and lost goals and didn't score them. brighton to be fair don't lose too many goals, but they're shit. they pass it nicely up the pitch, but they're hopeless.  

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

Nah most neutral fans would say they they deserved both results. They had more shots than us in both games. You should try watch their game closely next week. They do play wonderful football at times, especially considering their players. Potter is a talented coach.

brighton have been one of the very few teams i watch because i have a client who supports them and it gives us something to talk about. i think they're shite. 

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Allegri would make for an interesting appointment IMO. He’s won a few trophies.

Bielsa’s high octane style of play would suit their squad of players, with their pacey wingers; Son, Lucas... and ball playing centre halfs.

I’d also look at Graham Potter. Brighton’s squad is mid-table championship level. He’s got them playing very good football. They outplayed us twice this year.

Brighton outplayed us twice? Do you watch our games at all? Yes we've been poor this season but fuck me thats bollocks.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nagelsmann announced as Bayern's new manager! Fuck me that was sorted quickly. Flick to replace Low as national team manager.

That's Bayern to a tee. They tend to do things quickly, especially if it involves the teams around them.

23 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He’s an awful manager.

It's bizarre. He achieved very little as a club manager before he became national manager. On the whole, you wouldnt dismiss his record at international level. There again, he had possibly the best national team in his time. You also wonder how much was down to the coaching staff rather than just his managerial skills?

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

That's Bayern to a tee. They tend to do things quickly, especially if it involves the teams around them.

They are cunts of the highest order. The only team with an outside chance of catching them and they recruit their manager. Rotten to the core that its allowed to happen. They are detested by neutrals in Germany because of the shite they get away with.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wonder where Zidane will end up? Will the mancs sack Crackle? Will Fat Sam eventually take over at Real Madrid? 

Hope the Manu board don't get brave and replace little Ollie with Conte

Allegri's going back to Juventus to replace Pirlo. They'll also get goalkeeper Donnarumma from Milan on a free transfer. It will be interesting to see what Allegri does there given how reliant he was on the back line of Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini with Buffon behind them. They were players he inherited when he first went there, and they've already been doing the business under his predecessor Conte (in Buffon's case, even going back to the days of Lippi and Capello).

Perez might try to get Conte for Real Madrid, although I don't think they'll be able to really spend big this summer, and they probably haven't got the defenders to play in Conte's preferred 3-man set-up anyway. Raul's been linked with the top job too, but it might be too early for him. Real Madrid oldie Hierro is another that must be knocking about somewhere, although whether he would want to work under Perez is another matter. He was really pissed off when Perez sacked Del Bosque in 2003 and told Hierro to bugger off too.

Zidane might consider PSG if Pochettino decides to quit and go back to Spurs. Zidane grew up a Marseille fan, but PSG is the only high profile gig in town in the farmers league. Or maybe Conte will look at PSG for the same reason. How Icardi would take that news is anyone's guess given that Conte was the one who bombed him out at Inter in the first place.

The Rice Krispie Kid is at the wheel and doing his thing, so no need to rock that boat. Let him carry on getting all their hopes up only to have them be extinguished time after time in comedy fashion. A hell loop for the Red Devils if you will.

On 27/04/2021 at 12:51, aRdja said:

He’s an awful manager.

I detest the man. The way he threw a bunch of legends under the bus to save his own neck really pissed me off. He should have been fired a few years back, instead he retired Muller, Hummels and Boateng and tried to bring in youth and it backfired spectacularly. 

13 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Allegri's going back to Juventus to replace Pirlo. They'll also get goalkeeper Donnarumma from Milan on a free transfer. It will be interesting to see what Allegri does there given how reliant he was on the back line of Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini with Buffon behind them. They were players he inherited when he first went there, and they've already been doing the business under his predecessor Conte (in Buffon's case, even going back to the days of Lippi and Capello).

Perez might try to get Conte for Real Madrid, although I don't think they'll be able to really spend big this summer, and they probably haven't got the defenders to play in Conte's preferred 3-man set-up anyway. Raul's been linked with the top job too, but it might be too early for him. Real Madrid oldie Hierro is another that must be knocking about somewhere, although whether he would want to work under Perez is another matter. He was really pissed off when Perez sacked Del Bosque in 2003 and told Hierro to bugger off too.

Zidane might consider PSG if Pochettino decides to quit and go back to Spurs. Zidane grew up a Marseille fan, but PSG is the only high profile gig in town in the farmers league. Or maybe Conte will look at PSG for the same reason. How Icardi would take that news is anyone's guess given that Conte was the one who bombed him out at Inter in the first place.

The Rice Krispie Kid is at the wheel and doing his thing, so no need to rock that boat. Let him carry on getting all their hopes up only to have them be extinguished time after time in comedy fashion. A hell loop for the Red Devils if you will.

I'd be very surprised if Zidane went to PSG. He's a proper dyed in the wall Marseilles lad isn't he? Grew up in La Castellane, it would be like a lad from Toxteth taking over at Utd.