You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

It's really weird the lack of traction these clubs are getting. Are the managers after financial assurances that aren't there after covid? If that's the case, has the Mosh money finally run out at Everton?

It's funny, the day after mourinho was sacked, Harry rednapp was on sky saying "I know how Levy works, the deal for a new manager will already be done even if we have to wait for the summer to find out". It would seem sacking mourinho was nothing more than panic in case he won the league cup and locked in his trophy/Europe bonus costing his full contract to fire, as opposed the 1 year pay off for doing it before. 

On 17/06/2021 at 23:04, Chocoholic said:

Levy: One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Spurs board do, because they always get it right?'

Not sure about the scripts on the new season of The Office. 

the vacancies seem a bit weird, normally these clubs would have appointed someone ASAP, but guess with the euros one or two might be willing to see who becomes available after that. 

Wonder why spurs aren’t interested in Rafa he’s a proven manager who can work to a budget. I reckon they’ll end up with klinsmann who will resign once he read loses he can’t dial it in from California.

what’s also going on with palace? Is there a favourite there now? You’d think they’d be all out for someone like Eddie Howe but again all quiet there. 

2 hours ago, Peter Cormack said:

My predictions…..Southgate to Palace……Rafa to Spurs…….bobby brown shoes to Ev

Big Dunc for Everton

Captain Bellend for Spurs

I'd be surprised if Southgate left the England job to take the role at Palace. They've got about a dozen players out of contract at the end of this month, and one or two others who are looking to leave (Zaha). That's a lot of bodies to replace in a very short space of time. Not the job for someone whose entire focus has been on the national team. The Palace job is ideal for an LMA slapdick who will get sacked in December and have Fat Sam installed to firefight by January.

28 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Big Dunc for Everton

Captain Bellend for Spurs

I'd be surprised if Southgate left the England job to take the role at Palace. They've got about a dozen players out of contract at the end of this month, and one or two others who are looking to leave (Zaha). That's a lot of bodies to replace in a very short space of time. Not the job for someone whose entire focus has been on the national team. The Palace job is ideal for an LMA slapdick who will get sacked in December and have Fat Sam installed to firefight by January.

I could see him going there (Southgate) ex player etc stays in London..... 

I still think Rafa will get the everton job unless the blue hordes burn down Moshiri's house.

Parish is looking to sell Palace to some US investors after all the bullshit he came out with about the Euro league so Im not convinced they are in a hurry to appoint a manager. It's probably also why Santo decided to investigate other opportunities because new owners generally want their own man in charge.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is Southgate leaving England? I'd have thought with the world cup just 18 months away he'd be sure to stay with England. And there's no way the FA would sack him because he's the wet blanket yes man they have dreamed of for decades. 

I doubt he'd leave, he's on a cushy number. He won't last very long when he inevitably gets a Premiership job. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is Southgate leaving England? I'd have thought with the world cup just 18 months away he'd be sure to stay with England. And there's no way the FA would sack him because he's the wet blanket yes man they have dreamed of for decades. 

True. 

But when Ingurland get badly bummed the first time they play a decent side and the rags turn on him would you be confident in the FA standing by their man or getting rid for an easy life? 

17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

True. 

But when Ingurland get badly bummed the first time they play a decent side and the rags turn on him would you be confident in the FA standing by their man or getting rid for an easy life? 

They're all playing the "what a young squad" card, I don't think there'll be any trouble unless they go out to a side of the similar quality to euro 2016. 

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It isnt just getting rid of southgate, it's who's going to replace he as England boss. The job is almost a poisoned chalice. Yes, there may be a number of nomarks applying but that just ends up replacing like with like.

I don't think it matters who is in charge. As you say it's a poisoned chalice. The whole system and mentality is broken.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

They could get anyone off the street to come in and manage England and I bet they’d all achieve the same as Southgate. 
Walking embodiment of a wet fart. 

It's got little to do with Southgate though. Yes he's a very average manager but the England team is no better than Quarter Final(lucky semi final draw) quality. It's the unrealistic expectations of the people who follow them that's the problem,and the knobheads who run their national association. The best players and managers in the English top division are almost exclusively non English.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's got little to do with Southgate though. Yes he's a very average manager but the England team is no better than Quarter Final(lucky semi final draw) quality. It's the unrealistic expectations of the people who follow them that's the problem,and the knobheads who run their national association. The best players and managers in the English top division are almost exclusively non English.

How are Italy any better, man for man?

Genuine question, as outside of Chielini, I have no idea.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If anything, the expectations aren't high enough. The Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole generation should have won a major tournament and this current squad is also extremely talented in attacking areas. 

The problems are people like Southgate who can barely be classed as a manager, the toxic press and the fact England have no style of football. But the expectations should be very high.  

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If anything, the expectations aren't high enough. The Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole generation should have won a major tournament and this current squad is also extremely talented in attacking areas. 

The problems are people like Southgate who can barely be classed as a manager, the toxic press and the fact England have no style of football. But the expectations should be very high.  

You are just naming individual players again,it's the whole problem with England for decades. It's teams that are successful and England have barely ever looked like a team. There is so much money in the PL league that every team has a different philosophy,style of play and manager who wants things that most English players can't do. Then misguided supporters expect to do things that club managers know they aren't capable of. Fuck England and their racist,Brexit loving supporters anyway as I'm not wasting my time even mentioning them any more.