You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

4 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Depends on the demands if it’s risking the health of the club I don’t blame him.

Given that the owl and fat Sam are their two most recent managers , I'm thinking it's safety first . 

Foolish imo

13 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Depends on the demands if it’s risking the health of the club I don’t blame him.

The fact that he seems to be connected to a Portuguese agent and signs shit loads of Portuguese players,some excellent,some not so good,I suspect there may be demands to give that agent way too much power if Nuno takes over? That wouldn't be great for any club and could have been a factor in the Wolves situation? Pure guesswork obviously but there are two sides to every story even if one is told by a fop haired cunt named Parrish.

From Holmesdale.net

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Rumours abound that the sticking point with Everton was that Nuno wanted to bring all of his backroom staff with him comprising his assistant manager Rui Pedro Silva, first-team coaches Ian Cathro and Julio Figueroa, goalkeeper coach Rui Barbosa, fitness coach Antonio Dias and rehab coach Joao Lapa.

If all of that lot are coming to Palace what is going to happen to the incumbents? Surely Parish who preaches the family atmosphere behind the scenes isn't going to sack them all, especially the fitness coach who figures so large in the documentary

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just checked Spurscommunity. I think Levy is going to get lynched. They are not happy.

I don’t blame them. He only seems to last a couple of years wherever he goes. 

I seem to remember him doing well with Shaktar, I think, but I had no idea he used to coach Porto. Braga are obviously nobody to get excited about. Roma were shite last season. 

If I was a Spurs supporter, I’d be very underwhelmed. 

95EA4A81-4B77-437F-8AFC-7325D6A0D2DB.jpeg

Fonseca plays a nice brand of football, but Spurs would be taking a leap with him. He's not proven he can get results in a strong league.

As for Palace, I don't really rate Nuno but not taking him is nuts because they would have had access to Mendes through him. It would have been worth it. Having that benefit would be worth it for most non big clubs.

I do wonder if after England do shit in this tournament -  whether Southgate will walk and if so, Howe may be the obvious choice. 

I like Howe - he seems a very good coach, he did buy a lot of shite from us - but he also bought Wilson, King, Brooks etc. I do think it is funny Everton turning their nose up at him. 

Maybe there's a suspicion of transfer market underachievement for Howe? For the money Bournemouth spent under him you'd want better results than he got. He wasted an awful lot of cash.

Say one thing for the Fonseca appointment, he's used to working with a negative net spend. Shakhtar and Roma both sold more than they spent under him.