You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

Going to go to the bookies tomorrow to put my usual seasonal bets on, just wondering who you lot think the first Premier League sacked manager will be (don't be a goon and say Rodgers because it isn't funny and I won't be putting it on).

I was thinking of sticking money on Hughton (Norwich) and Mark Hughes (QPR).

Wouldn't mind your suggestions for the other following bets I like to place;

Most red cards (team)

Most goals from set plays

Leading goalscorer

Most assists

Cheers.

I said Hughes on the 2012/13 picks thread the other day and after yesturdays result will stick with that

most red cards- Everton

most goals from set plays- Stoke

goalscorer- Torres

assists Silva

Shit I didn't realise there was already a thread, I don't know how I missed it. Hopefully this one will disappear and I'll have a look at what people have said in that one, cheers.

Rodgers isn't out of the question though, is he? If we lose our next five games he has to go. Just as you don't fuck around with a known quantity like Hodgson when you're in the mire, you can't afford to give a rookie the chance to send your club careening into the Championship if it quickly becomes clear that he cannot coax the players into performing for him.

I just can't see Rodgers going before the end of the season (even if it was disastrous). Everything FSG have said suggests they expect a little turbulence before calm waters, and that Rodgers is their main. To sack Rodgers would simply lessen their credibility.

I suppose, IF he were to lose 12 games on the trot, then yes, he'd go, but realistically, I can't see that happening. A crap season won't be enough to see him go IMO, it would have to be disastrous (relegation threatened).

I can see Hughes going though.

I just can't see Rodgers going before the end of the season (even if it was disastrous). Everything FSG have said suggests they expect a little turbulence before calm waters, and that Rodgers is their main. To sack Rodgers would simply lessen their credibility.

I suppose, IF he were to lose 12 games on the trot, then yes, he'd go, but realistically, I can't see that happening. A crap season won't be enough to see him go IMO, it would have to be disastrous (relegation threatened).

I can see Hughes going though.

I was joking.

Rodgers isn't out of the question though, is he? If we lose our next five games he has to go. Just as you don't fuck around with a known quantity like Hodgson when you're in the mire, you can't afford to give a rookie the chance to send your club careening into the Championship if it quickly becomes clear that he cannot coax the players into performing for him.

Let's just hope we don't lose the next five games then because sacking him in September would be mental. Like seriously mental. We've got plenty of people moaning at how we're a 'laughing stock' now, imagine what it would be like if we sacked a manager after 6 games.

I think we all need a bit of patience.

Let's just hope we don't lose the next five games then because sacking him in September would be mental. Like seriously mental. We've got plenty of people moaning at how we're a 'laughing stock' now, imagine what it would be like if we sacked a manager after 6 games.

I think we all need a bit of patience.

No it wouldn't and I bet half the people on this forum and good portion of regulars at Anfield would be saying the same thing if we managed 0 points in our first 6 games.

FSG are sweating on this gamble paying off.

They've made a lot of noise about new structure and giving this lad a chance and then back tracked on DoF/Technical Advisor to the extent that we've now lost Pep. Regardless of what we on this forum say its what FSG hears coming from the terraces that will convince them whether to stick or twist. Kenny should've got the same treatment Hodgson got results wise from the fans in Anfield but because it was Kenny he didn't. Once the fans made their feelings felt Hodgson was out the door, I thnk the same will come Rodgers way if he can't gee up this rabble. We needed a win especially with our fixture list for August and September.

Best central defender suspended

No idea what your best central midfield combo is

Question marks on the fitness/readiness of the only defensive midfielder you have

Question marks on the courage of one winger and the readiness of another

Lack of options up front

The scary thing is these are the same problems we've had for at least the last two seasons but instead of sorting it he was busy fannying around bringing in his teachers pet and a lad who sleeps in the Arsenal kit.

Sorry, rant over

FSG are sweating on this gamble paying off.

A fair post in full.

Rodgers is in a results business. Apart from Albion away, the opening sequence is tough, but that is football. He has got his hands full, he has only managed 39 PL games and two Euro ties, and he hasn’t had to implement the pass and move style which he developed at Swansea.He is going to have to learn fast.

Kenny asked for no free passes when he took the job- Rodgers isnt either.

The good news is that the second half of last season was relegation form, and our home record was the worst in half a century, he should be able to improve on that.

A fair post in full.

Rodgers is in a results business. Apart from Albion away, the opening sequence is tough, but that is football. He has got his hands full, he has only managed 39 PL games and two Euro ties, and he hasn’t had to implement the pass and move style which he developed at Swansea.He is going to have to learn fast.

Kenny asked for no free passes when he took the job- Rodgers isnt either.

The good news is that the second half of last season was relegation form, and our home record was the worst in half a century, he should be able to improve on that.

Is that supposed to be a good thing? Improving on the car crash that was a league form last season.

To what extent exactly would constitute "good news"?

I notice you said "should", you have doubts he can improve it?

Simple, if he can't he's out!

There are no easy games in this league is a phrase you hear often and most us Im sure used to think that was crap. Not anymore. We are a team that lost to QPR after being 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go and just lost to West fucking Brom. Sure Suarez, you signed a contract and earn great money, so does a favor and put the ball in the net.

You can look at it glass half empty, Lucas & Gerrard fitness doubts, crap players till in our squad, Agger suspended, big games coming up or (half full) you can say we have hungry youth players knocking on the door, Suarez is a magician, Agger about to sign contract and we are going to batter somebody real soon, why the fuck not city on Sunday at Anfield.

There are no easy games in this league is a phrase you hear often and most us Im sure used to think that was crap. Not anymore. We are a team that lost to QPR after being 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go and just lost to West fucking Brom. Sure Suarez, you signed a contract and earn great money, so does a favor and put the ball in the net.

You can look at it glass half empty, Lucas & Gerrard fitness doubts, crap players till in our squad, Agger suspended, big games coming up or (half full) you can say we have hungry youth players knocking on the door, Suarez is a magician, Agger about to sign contract and we are going to batter somebody real soon, why the fuck not city on Sunday at Anfield.

No we're not.

That match has come way too soon for us

Is that supposed to be a good thing? Improving on the car crash that was a league form last season.

Rodgers has a big task in front of him.

Improving on last seasons home record, the second half of last season and then last seasons points tally will be important and realistic markers of performance.

Well yeah I put my money on Mark Hughes. Rodgers isn't going anywhere, if you look at the West Brom game we battered them until we went to 10 men.

Only real negative I got from the game was Gerrard, who was fucking shocking - and proved to me he isn't good enough to start anymore.

We'll be fine, top 4 by some margin.