You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sausage egg & chips

Redder Lurtz

Beef cubed, carrots diced, potatoes diced, about 8 - 12 OXO's made into stock and 1 - 2 whole onions placed in a massive pan and cooked for about 4 - 6 hours depending on how thick you want it.

Some people (with deep seated psychological problems) prefer it cooked so the ingredients are still whole and the stock is still watery.

The connoisseur's amongst us will swear by it being served "stand your spoon up" thick, where everything has broken down and become much richer and thicker.

Stick that on a portion of chips and you're in business.

Lamb >>>>>> beef

Spuds whole >>>>>> spuds diced

Chips!?!?

Champ

Toad in the hole

Sausage,buttered bread role and shit loads of mustard.Real mustard not that poncy yank french shit.

with gravy (preferably onion gravy) and you have yourself a winner.

Another ace simple thing is with your left over mash, which is otherwise a tricky food to use as leftovers. Bung in a bunch of herbs and beat in an egg and then fry it patties. Cracking with salt and vinegar on.

Meat and potato pie with pickled red cabbage.

I've lived in Scotland for 21 years, since I was 18. You can't get a meat and potato pie in Scotland. I'd forgotten how much that pisses me off.

If I could buy one, I too would garnish it with some red cabbage.

Can't believe we're 2 pages in and no one has said bacon sandwhich.

I came on to correct this crime.

Another good one is Indian Beans on toast. Fry up some garlic, ginger and fresh green chilli's and then put in the beans. Simply amazing.

The scrambled egg with feta cheese is also a favourite (with indian beans).

Yeah i'm pretty brown.

I've lived in Scotland for 21 years, since I was 18. You can't get a meat and potato pie in Scotland. I'd forgotten how much that pisses me off.

If I could buy one, I too would garnish it with some red cabbage.

You're allowed out, you know

Guest San Don
Meat and potato pie with pickled red cabbage.

Ace! Forgot what this tastes like since I've lost 2 stone! Cant have spuds and pastry together now. But with a bit of red cabbage, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!