You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

It would help if there were one or two journalists in the room intent on discussing the actual events of that particular game and whether they were fair or not, rather than being mere stenographers for whatever painfully obvious and laboured fairy stories he's selling every week.

Mourinho is a pathological liar, like Ferguson before him. Everyone has been to school with the child who'll never admit what they've done, no matter how red their hands when caught.

It would be nice if a roomful of adults paid to report on events actually did so, rather than being so easily diverted through marvelling at the consistency with which he'll pursue fantastical ways out of fessing up, rather than acting like a proper person for a change, when allowed to with such lazy ease.

Absolutely spot on, hence why I used the phrase dim English press earlier. There's a reason mourinho didn't like the press in Spain and Italy, its because they wouldn't put up with his shit.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Absolutely spot on, hence why I used the phrase dim English press earlier. There's a reason mourinho didn't like the press in Spain and Italy, its because they wouldn't put up with his shit.

The Spanish press in particular realised very quickly that he was a fucking fraud and never gave him the easy ride that he seems to have always enjoyed here.

I remember that press conference when he made some shite joke and all you could hear was the leading journo's all chuckling and laughing... "Oh Jose, you're so funny...."

Sad really.

The Spanish press in particular realised very quickly that he was a fucking fraud and never gave him the easy ride that he seems to have always enjoyed here.

I remember that press conference when he made some shite joke and all you could hear was the leading journo's all chuckling and laughing... "Oh Jose, you're so funny...."

Sad really.

The same was true in Italy though, he was going to quit early on because of the shit he got off the press and they only really started laying off him when that champions league run got going.

Sad really.

The British press love a gobshite.

I don't get this "charisma" stuff about shitcoat. He's not charismatic. He's narcissistic, spiteful and a massive fucking hypocrite to boot. If you think that's "box office" or "great copy" then so be it. I don't see it.

He, and his captain (another man lauded with qualities that I just don't see - I wouldn't follow the giant fod into a fire escape) are made for that shitstain of a club.

• Upvote 1

His record speaks for itself.He is easily the most successful manager of modern times considering his pan-leagues record.

If you don't like him, fine, winners are often not liked, but by no measure can he be regarded as a fraud.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His record speaks for itself.He is easily the most successful manager of modern times considering his pan-leagues record.

If you don't like him, fine, winners are often not liked, but by no measure can he be regarded as a fraud.

He's a fraud alright, I'd have more respect for him if he behaved like Pep Guardiola. That's a proper winner and I don't hear people calling him a cunt on a daily basis.

His brand of football with the money and talent he has at his disposal is also another reason why I think he's a fraud.

He wins with unlimited funds with odds usually stacked in his favour. He's not a bad manager but you'd think a great manager wouldn't need to hope from club to club. In ten years he's won a few decent trophies but ultimately ended up back at Chelsea. N

He wins with unlimited funds with odds usually stacked in his favour. He's not a bad manager but you'd think a great manager wouldn't need to hope from club to club. In ten years he's won a few decent trophies but ultimately ended up back at Chelsea. Not exactly what I'd call progress, he should still be at Real Madrid trying to break Barça's stranglehold, but he couldn't even manage that with Vulgar funds from the Spanish government. Good manager yeah, great not a chance. How about he actually builds a team on limited resources?

I hope Rodgers doesn't respond. The cheerleading clown just loves running his mouth and I wouldn't even bother dignifying him with a response.

Take Pellegrini- I've got a lot of time for him; he seems a decent, classy fella. A part of me was gutted when he bit at something Mourinho said because it was obvious he got to him.

I think the best you can do is come out with short and succinct like Wenger did when he called him an embarrassment.

When we play them at Anfield, I just hope Rodgers doesn't go fawning over him like at Stamford Bridge. I understand he must feel indebted to him for giving him a great opportunity at Chelsea, but Mourinho's nothing but a snake. Everything he does, everything he says, is geared towards himself, first and foremost. Since he stopped working under him, I doubt if Mourinho has given a shit about Rodgers. The only time I'd have a pop at him is around the time of that game at Anfield and even then, I'd do it thinly veiled. Rafa was the master of that, which made it all the more impressive considering he was speaking in a second language.

He wins with unlimited funds with odds usually stacked in his favour. He's not a bad manager but you'd think a great manager wouldn't need to hope from club to club. In ten years he's won a few decent trophies but ultimately ended up back at Chelsea. Not exactly what I'd call progress, he should still be at Real Madrid trying to break Barça's stranglehold, but he couldn't even manage that with Vulgar funds from the Spanish government. Good manager yeah, great not a chance. How about he actually builds a team on limited resources?

i hate giving the cunt credit, but he won the european cup with porto ffs. that job earnt him the right to live at the top table money wise, why would he want to go back to that type of job again?

I had less of a problem with Chelsea when Carlo Ancelotti was their manager, he handled himself with dignity and won with a bit of class unlike this media darling.

Indeed.  Diometric opposites those two.  I'll freely admit I had far less problems with Chelsea during that period.

Rancid fans, plastic club, mobster owner, human filth as captain, but their public face was a cool guy and there were no histrionics or coached cheating as a matter of course.

The thing with the British press is they seem to scared to be banned out of the media room for asking questions that infact we all want to hear.

If somebody then speaks up against whats going on, the press then turn on them.

Mourinho has the same ability as Ferguson to say black is white and night is day and get the press to argue their case unchalllenged 

Vialli and Marcotti wrote a very good book on football called 'The Italian Job', which ostensibly compares the English and Italian games, before diverging into an intelligent and interesting breakdown of football across the world.

In respect of the first two though it commented on the respective approaches to the game of the media in both countries, and Vialli was very clear that in Italy they like to talk obsessively about the football itself, what happened, to break it down tactically etc, whereas in England there is a much greater fascination with the flippant, the soap opera, caricatures, nicknames and cheap tittle tattle.

Italian football has plenty to be ripped into, and far from emerged unscathed within the book, but on that point I have to agree.  The perfect example is the one sighted by many here of a guy actively loathed by the press in Italy (as he was Spain), but welcomed back here with his own celebratory dinner by a pathetic group who wasted plenty of copy on what biscuits he liked after Abramovich sacked him off, and who's pining for him meant he always knew this would be a safe bolthole once the wider football world was fully sick of his tired act.

• Upvote 3

Vialli and Marcotti wrote a very good book on football called 'The Italian Job', which ostensibly compares the English and Italian games, before diverging into an intelligent and interesting breakdown of football across the world.

In respect of the first two though it commented on the respective approaches to the game of the media in both countries, and Vialli was very clear that in Italy they like to talk obsessively about the football itself, what happened, to break it down tactically etc, whereas in England there is a much greater fascination with the flippant, the soap opera, caricatures, nicknames and cheap tittle tattle.

Italian football has plenty to be ripped into, and far from emerged unscathed within the book, but on that point I have to agree.  The perfect example is the one sighted by many here of a guy actively loathed by the press in Italy (as he was Spain), but welcomed back here with his own celebratory dinner by a pathetic group who wasted plenty of copy on what biscuits he liked after Abramovich sacked him off, and who's pining for him meant he always knew this would be a safe bolthole once the wider football world was fully sick of his tired act.

Didn't Rafa make a similar comment about how the Spanish media and fotball 'consumers' are more interested in the game itself whereas here it's more the sideshow? I agree with both.

It's also refelcted in the quality of the national game

Didn't Rafa make a similar comment about how the Spanish media and fotball 'consumers' are more interested in the game itself whereas here it's more the sideshow? I agree with both.

It's also refelcted in the quality of the national game

Didn't know that, but sounds very much like Rafa's take on it.  I liked that side of him.

Agree about the national game too.

What I notice in Poland - as a random contrasting example - is that football journalists are predominantly a rather academic breed: nerds, in other words, who take pride in knowing their stuff, watching football from across the globe on a constant basis, reading up on their history and tactics, and so forth. Compare that with the English equivalent: a bunch of lazy, parasitic, semi-literate, and even xenophobic hacks who can't believe their luck and aren't about to rock any boats...

• Upvote 2