You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Dry bumming for Arsenal.  Arsenal actually had the ball in the net within seconds of Bayern opening the scoring, but goggle eyes put it in with his arm and was booked for it.

It'll be interesting to see if Bayern keep the foot on the gas in the second half and fucking rout them.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

For years the British media have drooled over Wenger and Arsenal and what wonderful football they play and yet year after year they get found out in Europe.....

One day the media will realise what a genius they had in Paisley still the only English manager who figured out a system to totally dominate England and Europe year after year.

Pre-1992 you say?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Feels odd to say this, but we need one of those teams to go deep in the CL this season just to keep up the English coefficient.  Not sure who I would rather it be, you could argue for United as they have no chance of winning it and a trip through to the quarterfinals or so would give us that much better chance of catching them in the league.

Or maybe it'd be better to be City, again, they'd shit the bed against a really top team but up until then you'd think the semis might not be out of the question if they got a decent draw.

It just feels wrong to be hoping your rivals win games, though.  Could do with Juve and Roma dropping out soon just to make it a moot point.

Had to laugh at the people saying it was good for Arsenal cos they could now concentrate on the league. What - get knocked out of a competition so you can put your efforts into qualifying for the same competition next year? Classic.

Also, I've deleted all the sports journalists on my Twitter whose sole purpose seems to be talking about jose mourinho. Which is pretty much all of them.

• Upvote 1

Had to laugh at the people saying it was good for Arsenal cos they could now concentrate on the league. What - get knocked out of a competition so you can put your efforts into qualifying for the same competition next year? Classic.

Also, I've deleted all the sports journalists on my Twitter whose sole purpose seems to be talking about jose mourinho. Which is pretty much all of them.

It'll be interesting to see Arsenal's attitude towards the Europa League, should they finish 3rd in their CL group (which is a fair chance of happening right now). Despite having never won the trophy, I'd not be surprised if they didn't take it seriously. 

I see that QPR have sacked their manager Chris Ramsey, who was installed as caretaker boss after Harry Redknapp was sacked last season. At the time, their owner had been quacking all over Twitter about how his next manager was going to be a top name, only to give the job to Ramsey and try to sweep his own hubris under the carpet, presumably after being told to do one by various members of the LMA merry-go-round of mediocrity. Neil Warnock has taken over temporarily after spending the last month 'advising' the club. What advice is that? How to keep losing matches and blame everybody else?

• Upvote 1