You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Just makes you want the redmen to top them all even more.

The knobhead fans who spend more time singing about stevie than supporting their own team, all the knobheads who like shitcoat because he is a 'character', the media and their agenda driven love ins and fawning shite they write about the likes of shitcoat and bottled...

Sky and their stupid hyperbole....

Get back on that perch redmen and fuck all of them.

• Upvote 1

Imagine if was Suarez last season, would the narrative be the same?

Indeed.

Can't be fucked to go back through old posts to find it, but I know I predicted excuses would be made for Costa by some which didn't exist for Suarez.  Could write the script.

And so begins the most predictable double standard in many a long year, they really are just beyond parody. Samuel, obviously:

That came in the 30th minute when left back Ben Mee, perhaps rattled by what he had just seen, played a woeful back pass to goalkeeper Tom Heaton that died halfway and was pounced upon by Diego Costa. Heaton came charging from his line, threw himself at the situation and Costa fell, dramatically. At first glance it looked a penalty, on the replay contact appeared minimal, if it happened at all. Yet here’s the rub. Undoubtedly, there is no way Costa could have continued his run given Heaton’s challenge. He had to jump, and lose control of the ball. Yes, he appeared to exaggerate his fall on the other side, but how can it be fair that a goalkeeper can come out as Heaton did, and end up as the wronged party. Costa looked incredulous as referee Michael Oliver brandished his yellow card with utmost pomposity. Maybe he should have let Heaton take him out, maybe break a leg. Would that see justice done?

Get used to it I'm afraid it's the same with Drogba, him returning is like the second coming rather than anyone mentioning his antics before which seem to have been airbrushed from history. I don't think I've seen a bigger cheat in the game than Drogba his semi final performances against us and Barcelona in the Champions League were some of the most shocking acts of diving and feigning injury you will ever see.

The Barcelona game at Stamford Bridge a couple of years ago from what I remember he spent most of the game on his fat arse (Drogba not Samuel) and yet the Sky pundits and the media laughed it off.

• Upvote 1

They're all singing about Gerrard because it's the first time in his career he's done something on the pitch they are able to take the piss out of.  He's a better than any player any of them have ever produced and deep down they all know it even if there are sections of other support trying to rewrite his career.  That and the anti-scouse bias that grows and grows in this horrible right wing country.

Get used to it I'm afraid it's the same with Drogba, him returning is like the second coming rather than anyone mentioning his antics before which seem to have been airbrushed from history. I don't think I've seen a bigger cheat in the game than Drogba his semi final performances against us and Barcelona in the Champions League were some of the most shocking acts of diving and feigning injury you will ever see.

The Barcelona game at Stamford Bridge a couple of years ago from what I remember he spent most of the game on his fat arse (Drogba not Samuel) and yet the Sky pundits and the media laughed it off.

Suarez was a diver and embarassingly theatrical at points in a game and we know it. Sometimes he was better, sometimes worse, but yeah it was the double standards that grated.

Drogba is definitely the biggest cheat I've ever seen in football in that it was just so consistent, obviously choreographed with that prick and got to the point of seeming pathological because it was more or less everytime he got the ball, and along with his size what made him unplayable. Odd occasion you get the better of him; foul, free-kick and territory gained for their next line-out. Surely the most cynical match-up in the sport him and Columbo.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing "Clever there, from..." in relation to both, while Scudamore talks of what a good thing it is Suarez has left English football. Obviously neither bit anyone, let alone several times, but Costa isn't beyond some pretty revolting behaviour and I'll be amazed if it results in the same endless blanket coverage.

• Upvote 1

Chelsea are a vile, non-footballing, grotesque, artificial creation who make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

How could a football man like Fabregas go there after all his history with Mourinho?  Money aside, to think that the two men who have nurtured him the most (Wenger and Guardiola) have a lot of nasty history with Mourinho makes me wonder if there's nothing a footballer won't do any more.

“If I ever wear a Chelsea shirt, you have permission to kill me.”

Cesc Fabregas, 2010

• Upvote 3

Chelsea are a vile, non-footballing, grotesque, artificial creation who make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

How could a football man like Fabregas go there after all his history with Mourinho?  Money aside, to think that the two men who have nurtured him the most (Wenger and Guardiola) have a lot of nasty history with Mourinho makes me wonder if there's nothing a footballer won't do any more.

Cesc Fabregas, 2010

I would attribute Fabregas going to Chelsea to him being a complete twat.

I've never liked the little prick & he'll fit right in at Chelsea.

• Upvote 2

Cesc Fabregas, 2010

Players say all sorts of shit though. Eto'o once said he would rather sell ground nuts in his home village than play for Chelsea. A few years later and there he is playing for Chelsea and perfectly reflecting his manager's and club's attitude.

• Upvote 1

Cesc Fabregas, 2010

Agree wholeheartedly. Footballers and fans couldn't have more opposed views of what the game entails.

Players say all sorts of shit though. Eto'o once said he would rather sell ground nuts in his home village than play for Chelsea. A few years later and there he is playing for Chelsea and perfectly reflecting his manager's and club's attitude.

I thought somebody like Fabregas was different, given his La Masia grounding etc.

But I was clearly just being a naive fuckwit.

There's a recurring theme here. Torres also said he could never play for another British club. I wonder what it is seems to make all these players to drop all their principles and move to chelsea. Maybe Debbie McGee could help with that one.