You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Remarkable, isn't it mate? That's a signal, as if we needed another, that he genuinely hasn't grasped the size of the club he's managing. He has fucked them. Big time.

That it is NV. They have, much like we did with Hodgson, invited a man with dogshit on his boots into their house. Thankfully, unlike us they feel immediately showing him back out through the hallway window is beneath them, and are letting him trample it through every room.

The most unexpected football windfall I can remember.

• Upvote 1

Martinez has always been pretty sound, I've yet to see a manager take so many massive beatings like he did with Wigan and stay so pragmatic about it all.

His coat is fucking shocking though.

I think what you say about his coat is fair, however, we have been spoilt by an array of excellent coats from our manager.

Martinez has always been pretty sound, I've yet to see a manager take so many massive beatings like he did with Wigan and stay so pragmatic about it all.

His coat is fucking shocking though.

If you're just a feeder club for the big boys I guess you would need to be pragmatic. He bided his time, did the right thing by Whelan and moved on up the greasy pole.

His clobber is fucking rank though

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That it is NV. They have, much like we did with Hodgson, invited a man with dogshit on his boots into their house. Thankfully, unlike us they feel immediately showing him back out through the hallway window is beneath them, and are letting him trample it through every room.

The most unexpected football windfall I can remember.

Last time I checked there has been a 45point swing between the two clubs. That's more that ineptitude. That's sabotage on a genius level. How can you possibly take the runaway champions to fucking seventh. I think they'd have been better off had Moyes popped his head into the dressing room on day one and said 'keep it up lads, see you in May'. They'd have finished top four. Fucking lottery win this is.

Last time I checked there has been a 45point swing between the two clubs. That's more that ineptitude. That's sabotage on a genius level. How can you possibly take the runaway champions to fucking seventh. I think they'd have been better off had Moyes popped his head into the dressing room on day one and said 'keep it up lads, see you in May'. They'd have finished top four. Fucking lottery win this is.

45 points.  FORTY FIVE.  It's hypnotic, once you start saying it.

0.jpg

Well, a good portion of that 45 point swing is down to us. Moyes can only take some of the credit there.

But our rise is incredible. Here's Gerrard last summer:

It's not exactly a secret that I would like to win a Premier League title, but at 33 I have to be realistic and say I might only have two or three years left in which to do it. I think a lot of things would have to happen within the next 12 months, I'm quite a distance away from winning the league at the moment. I have to take that on the chin but I'll never give up fighting for it.

"Getting back into the Champions League might be a more achievable target – it would be a dream for me to lead the team out again on a big European night at Anfield – but even that is going to be difficult. The other four teams have all strengthened too – maybe Manchester United have not done yet but I feel they will make a big signing before the deadline – so there's still a lot of hard work to do and a lot of improvement needed if we are to nudge one of those sides out of the top four.

Yay, us.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, a good portion of that 45 point swing is down to us. Moyes can only take some of the credit there.

I wasn't trying to strip Rodgers of credit, of course. I do think Moyes does have to take a solid share of the credit for it, though. After 33 games last season they had 81 points. After 33 games this season they're on 57. That's a 24 point deficit after spending a measly £70,000,000.00. We had 50 points after 33 games and now have 74. That's another 24 point swing, making the total actually 48 points. Well done. Equally brilliant in my view.

Benfica's Cardozo is another in the Zlatan mould. Scores a shitload of goals in a weak league but whenever I've seen him play, he's been somewhere between fucking useless and ridiculously wasteful. He's lucky his team get a lot of penalties and free kicks because he'd probably never score otherwise.

Benfica's Cardozo is another in the Zlatan mould. Scores a shitload of goals in a weak league but whenever I've seen him play, he's been somewhere between fucking useless and ridiculously wasteful. He's lucky his team get a lot of penalties and free kicks because he'd probably never score otherwise.

He doesn't even have a good touch for a big man, but on FIFA 2011 he had 99 shot power.