You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

As soon as we get anyhwere near a serious team in tournament mode Townsend will be double teamed and snuffed out. England look like a one trick pony and dealing with the supply to a pacy winger is well with in the compass of most top defenses. I'm sure Woy has a failsafe plan B ! 

Do you think Hodgson will try and find a way to fit Walcott and Townsend in the same team?

They seem the best wide players, but both like to play on the right.

England have got quite a few talented young players...Sturridge, Hart, Sterling, Zaha, Hughes, Ince, Luke Shaw, Ravel Morrison (maybe the most naturally talented of this whole group), Ward-Prowse. Maybe even Wisdom. It's whether they can come through and reach the level they're capable of.

Do you think Hodgson will try and find a way to fit Walcott and Townsend in the same team?

They seem the best wide players, but both like to play on the right.

I'm sure we will see it somehwere down the line if both are fit. Walcott on the left .

They could potentially be a good option but two wingers would leave them very exposed in the middle of the park to anyone half decent. Gerrard try to stop the tide on his own.

England have got quite a few talented young players...Sturridge, Hart, Sterling, Zaha, Hughes, Ince, Luke Shaw, Ravel Morrison (maybe the most naturally talented of this whole group), Ward-Prowse. Maybe even Wisdom. It's whether they can come through and reach the level they're capable of.

I thought Owl features said today he wouldnt be bringing anyone new into the reckoning.

Don't expect any surpise selections mate

I thought Owl features said today he wouldnt be bringing anyone new into the reckoning.

Don't expect any surpise selections mate

What a fucking idiot he is. Both his back up CBs prove themselves well short of the mark and that's his attitude. He's going to ruin a historical world cup for me, I just fucking know it.

Yeah, give him Welbeck's slot against weaker teams.

It'll be something like:

Gerrard Wilshere

Townsend Rooney Walcott

.............Sturridge

Maybe one of the front four drops out for Lampard or Carrick against a better team.

It looks a much better balanced team. Townsend and Walcott are not wingers, they're inside forwards. They're both good at cutting inside and shooting, and both not great at crossing the ball. England also have quite a lot of quick fullbacks that can provide width.