You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Are Sunderland paying Borini's wages?  Pointless loan move if he doesn't start getting game time there for them.

I said last week that this loan move appears as pointless as Jordan's face, and though I was being a dope regards that day as he couldn't play for them against us, it isn't looking like he's going to get much action soon.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I said last week that this loan move appears as pointless as Jordan's face, and though I was being a dope regards that day as he couldn't play for them against us, it isn't looking like he's going to get much action soon.

He's barely got a look in from from the first day of the season.  Now that DiCanio's gone, he hasn't got a minute on the pitch (someone might correct me).  I know that's only one game he's not got on.

Look at our squad though.  We've got Suarez and Sturridge, and unproven and so far lightweight looking Aspas that are used to playing as forwards.  You could make a case for needing him if we're switching to two up top. 

I'm not Borini's biggest fan & think he needs to kick on this season, he won't do that on a shit teams bench tho.

It's worth remembering that man utd hate diving, even though januck got booked yesterday for diving David Moyes hates diving. Don't worry that Ashley Young got booked for diving in the last game the whole club hates cheats and divers, Moyes can't stand divers, he hates them, he proved it by making a big fuss over Suarez diving before Phil Neville dived, he must have hated that because the man hates diving. All the papers will tell you how much Man utd, Fergurson and Moyes hate cheats and divers. The fact that their players seem to dive all over the place all the time should not confuse people into thinking they don't really hate divers, they do, the press tell us all the time, Moyes hates divers.Man utd hate diving. Good to know how much they all hate diving.

• Upvote 1

Amazing that Moyes was picking Ashley Young ahead of this kid. He may only be 18 but he's already a far better player than that chump. Knowing Moyes's natural caution though he will probably drop the kid back to the bench in the next game.

Glad to see Morata got an important goal for Real, he looks like he could be an amazing player if he got more time on the pitch. Don't like the club, but hope he does well. Fucking glad he didn't end up at Spurs too, Real would've been utterly mental to trade him as part of that Bale fee.

It's one game. Yes he looked good in a poor United team against Sunderland.

I've seen Stephen Ireland look like Bryan Robson in one game.

I've seen Darius Vassell look like Pele in one game.

And now the press are at it!  ONE game. Nobody had really heard of this kid before yesterday, and no suddenly he's United's saviour?

Credit where credit's due. He had a very good game, and saved their bacon yesterday. That's all so far.

It's one game. Yes he looked good in a poor United team against Sunderland.

I've seen Stephen Ireland look like Bryan Robson in one game.

I've seen Darius Vassell look like Pele in one game.

And now the press are at it! ONE game. Nobody had really heard of this kid before yesterday, and no suddenly he's United's saviour?

Credit where credit's due. He had a very good game, and saved their bacon yesterday. That's all so far.

It isn't one game, he played in most of their pre-season matches, the Charity Shield and has a couple of league matches under his belt, he's looked very promising every time he's played for them. He only has eight months left on his contract, hopefully a European club will nick him.

just put Chelsea on and see Ba is playing this week, seems like they are just trying every striker and hoping something works rather than actually having faith in one of them as first choice, Lukaku must've been awful in training or Mourinhos lost the plot

just put Chelsea on and see Ba is playing this week, seems like they are just trying every striker and hoping something works rather than actually having faith in one of them as first choice, Lukaku must've been awful in training or Mourinhos lost the plot

You can understand Ba playing in this game. Torres is suspended, and I'm not sure I'd want a 32 year old Eto'o as a lone striker away from home.

Agreed on Lukaku though. Fuck knows what went on there. This Chelsea side with Sturridge or Lukaku upfront would win the league. They won't with their current crop.

You can understand Ba playing in this game. Torres is suspended, and I'm not sure I'd want a 32 year old Eto'o as a lone striker away from home.

Agreed on Lukaku though. Fuck knows what went on there. This Chelsea side with Sturridge or Lukaku upfront would win the league. They won't with their current crop.

know what your saying with regards selection for this game but its rare you see (with the top sides) a side catered towards dealing with the opposition rather than the player they consider to be the best for their side week in week out, just seems to me they don't have a clue what to do with their strikers at the moment

I'm convinced the only reason Sturridge wasn't first choice is something to do with Abramovich kicking off if someone not box office played over his £50million toy but now with Lukaku the penny has surely dropped with regards to Torres never getting back to his best, Eto'o like you say is 32 and has been playing in a pub league for the last 2 years for some more money he'll never spend so have to question his motivation these days and Ba hasn't worked out there to date and isn't box office anyway, I did think Lukaku looked woeful in his few appearances that first season at Chelsea (very young mind and still is!) but based on his loan spell form he would easily be their best striker now

know what your saying with regards selection for this game but its rare you see (with the top sides) a side catered towards dealing with the opposition rather than the player they consider to be the best for their side week in week out, just seems to me they don't have a clue what to do with their strikers at the moment

I'm convinced the only reason Sturridge wasn't first choice is something to do with Abramovich kicking off if someone not box office played over his £50million toy but now with Lukaku the penny has surely dropped with regards to Torres never getting back to his best, Eto'o like you say is 32 and has been playing in a pub league for the last 2 years for some more money he'll never spend so have to question his motivation these days and Ba hasn't worked out there to date and isn't box office anyway, I did think Lukaku looked woeful in his few appearances that first season at Chelsea (very young mind and still is!) but based on his loan spell form he would easily be their best striker now

Agreed, on both counts. Although I'm not actually sure who I'd pick out of Torres, Ba, and Eto'o. They're all good players but none of them are quite good enough to be the main striker in a title winning squad. Torres and Eto'o used to be, obviously.

Once they spunked £50m on Torres he was always going to play instead of Sturridge. That's the problem with having a billionaire owner I guess. He's spending so much money that he wants control of aspects of the manager's job. Because of his ego he's probably unable to comprehend that an actual football manager might well be a better judge of footballing matters than he is.

think the top end of the table could be right open this season, only us, Arsenal and Spurs have been winning consistently (with only the odd blip each) at this early stage but I think all 3 have deficiancies that will be shown up over the course of the season

think the top end of the table could be right open this season, only us, Arsenal and Spurs have been winning consistently (with only the odd blip each) at this early stage but I think all 3 have deficiancies that will be shown up over the course of the season

I think the league is at its strongest for ages. Six good sides, with none at the level of Bayern Munich, or Real Madrid or Barcelona. Several other sides have bought well and are playing a more progressive style of football than usually associated with the dregs of the Premier League (Southampton, Swansea etc).