You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

watched the last 20 of the Scum game and they were absolutely dire, didn't even know Van Persie was on the pitch until the 89th minutes, commentators said they played well most the game but I don't believe them on what I saw especially given they described Shakthar's goal as unlucky when it was dreadful defending by Vidic

Utd will still get out of this group. They could go further, but I suppose it depends on the draw which they'll get lucky with. Again.

doesn't matter, even under Ferguson they usually used to get shown up as soon as they drew a top quality side, no danger whatsoever of them winning it under Moyes

Hart is muck, and has been for well over a season. Won't be any surprise if he's replaced sooner rather than later.

I've not seen what he did tonight but he seems to cost them half their goals these days, he is quality when on form but so far this season and most of last he was poor

Hart is muck, and has been for well over a season. Won't be any surprise if he's replaced sooner rather than later.

I've not seen what he did tonight but he seems to cost them half their goals these days, he is quality when on form but so far this season and most of last he was poor

Bayern were just exceptional. City didn't even see enough of the ball to actually be crap.

A gulf in passing ability, possession and work rate.

No complaints from most City fans... well and truly battered, and justly so.

Difficult to read much into it though. It felt like most teams would have struggled against them tonight. Whether that's actually the case or not, I don't know - but it felt like it.

For my money, they're like Barcelona on speed. Much more exciting to watch do to the high tempo possession. Worthy European Champions.

• Upvote 1

Was Silva not fit enough to start?

Should have been behind Aguero from the off if he was. Waste of time playing Dzeko against Boateng and Dante.

Milner over Nasri as well against Robben.

I think Pellegrini attempted to be very attacking, but it was just suicidal against the best team on the planet, and ended up having the opposite effect.

Find it hard to believe that this is the same Joe Hart that single handily denied Kenny's team in those two games at Anfield with some of the best goal keeping I've seen for a long while.

Now if I was a Citeh fan I think I'd rather have Tony Hart in goal....at least he could draw on his experience .

• Upvote 1

Was Silva not fit enough to start?

Should have been behind Aguero from the off if he was. Waste of time playing Dzeko against Boateng and Dante.

Milner over Nasri as well against Robben.

I think Pellegrini attempted to be very attacking, but it was just suicidal against the best team on the planet, and ended up having the opposite effect.

By all accounts, Silva was fit enough, but we don't know for sure.

From where I was sitting, and fans around me, Navas was poor. Milner much better, and Milner had been out of this world again Wigan.

Dzeko is a touchy subject - he divides fans opinions... on the one hand, he's like Crouch, seems to get goals, but on the other hand, his touch and general play leave a lot to be desired. Personally, I'd have gone with Negredo.

Nasri's another... not a fan's fave, but he's been playing exceptionally well of late, and that's where the problems start, if a player is playing well, they deserve their start right?

My 'morning after' conclusion was that we set up to beat them, and take the game too them, with a very forward moving line up.

Unfortunately, we played the best team in Europe and we didn't get a kick of the ball for long enough to even think about attacking. They battered us, pure and simple.

If we'd have set up for a more defence game, I think we'd still have been battered, and people would say "why play defensively at home, when all your strength is in attacking play?"

I think you just have to hold your hands up and say they were light years ahead of us, and not only gave us a lesson in REAL fast pace possession football, but in commitment too. Every 50/50 ball they won... like a team of terriers. City do 'slow lazy possession' football, Bayern do 'fast aggressive possession'.

Bayern fans were outstanding. Can't blame them though with a team like that!

By all accounts, Silva was fit enough, but we don't know for sure.

From where I was sitting, and fans around me, Navas was poor. Milner much better, and Milner had been out of this world again Wigan.

Dzeko is a touchy subject - he divides fans opinions... on the one hand, he's like Crouch, seems to get goals, but on the other hand, his touch and general play leave a lot to be desired. Personally, I'd have gone with Negredo.

Nasri's another... not a fan's fave, but he's been playing exceptionally well of late, and that's where the problems start, if a player is playing well, they deserve their start right?

My 'morning after' conclusion was that we set up to beat them, and take the game too them, with a very forward moving line up.

Unfortunately, we played the best team in Europe and we didn't get a kick of the ball for long enough to even think about attacking. They battered us, pure and simple.

If we'd have set up for a more defence game, I think we'd still have been battered, and people would say "why play defensively at home, when all your strength is in attacking play?"

I think you just have to hold your hands up and say they were light years ahead of us, and not only gave us a lesson in REAL fast pace possession football, but in commitment too. Every 50/50 ball they won... like a team of terriers. City do 'slow lazy possession' football, Bayern do 'fast aggressive possession'.

Bayern fans were outstanding. Can't blame them though with a team like that!

I didn't watch the game so can't comment on performances but looking at the team what puzzled me was Richards starting, for me Zabaleta is the best all round right back in the country and I think Richards has been injured for about 18months? Richards has something to offer and is worth playing as a rotation option against weaker English teams but chucking him back in against Bayern Munich over a superior player seems a bit strange?

I didn't watch the game so can't comment on performances but looking at the team what puzzled me was Richards starting, for me Zabaleta is the best all round right back in the country and I think Richards has been injured for about 18months? Richards has something to offer and is worth playing as a rotation option against weaker English teams but chucking him back in against Bayern Munich over a superior player seems a bit strange?

I had a sharp intake of breath when I heard this in the car on the way to the game... the only conclusion we could come up with was pace. Bayern are quick, and we reckon he put in Clichy and Richards to handle the pace. There's some logic to that, but in the end, it certainly didn't work out!

Zab's usually one of the first names on the fans' team sheets, so it's possible there might have been some other issue (a niggle maybe), but I agree with you... Zab's the man.

Richards is a strange beast, and I do mean beast... for my money, he needs to sort out that body of his, he's genuinely like a body builder... when you see him close up, it's a bit worrying. He has 'injury' written all over him (as is often the way when players are so muscular).

As for Joe Hart - I genuinely don't know. You can usually get away with dropping an outfield players and passing it off as tactical etc, but with a goalie, it's obviously being dropped. Personally I'd stick with him a little bit longer, but I think he's right on the edge of being dropped. If he puts in a sterling performance for the next 10 games, great, but I think one more cock up and he'll be dropped.

I suspect we'd have been battered no matter what, but that first goal just knocked the stuffing out of City. Once Bayern scored, they settled and killed us. We did the opposite. In THAT sense, his mistake was extremely costly. But to counter that, we still didn't respond well to that early goal, and that's a team issue.

I'm still not sure about the 3rd goal. We were sat virtually in line (behind Ribery) as though looking from Robben's perspective... it was hit with more pace/force than it looks on TV and it was a total lottery where it was going to go (imo). I personally can't moan about that too much, the damage was already done

We were second to every ball. No excuses.

I'd love to see Bayern drug tested.

they'll never get caught.  They carry bags of inert piss around with them for such an eventuality.  In fact, if you watch last night's game, you can see many of them hitting the City players over the head with them when the ref's not looking.