You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

I think they can lend money' date=' but not the way we know of it, because the lender can't place interest on the repayments. It's the concept of interest that's the problem I think.[/quote']

Unfortunately we can't help but pay interest in the world we live in. The biggest problem is gaining from the proceeds thereof.

Islamic banks and the likes structure their lending in a manner which shouldn't place strain on the person loaning the funds, and make profits by charging facilitation fees in lieu of interest.

Proceeds from interest, gambling institutions, sale and proceeds of alcohol or non-halaal products are not allowed, making it difficult for players to wear sponsors on their shirts, I think Keita had a similar issue at Sevilla a while back?

In any case, selective following of his principles indicates that he's not all the way on the straight and narrow, if he's gambling he shouldnt really have an issue with the sponsor?

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Unfortunately we can't help but pay interest in the world we live in. The biggest problem is gaining from the proceeds thereof.

Islamic banks and the likes structure their lending in a manner which shouldn't place strain on the person loaning the funds, and make profits by charging facilitation fees in lieu of interest.

Proceeds from interest, gambling institutions, sale and proceeds of alcohol or non-halaal products are not allowed, making it difficult for players to wear sponsors on their shirts, I think Keita had a similar issue at Sevilla a while back?

In any case, selective following of his principles indicates that he's not all the way on the straight and narrow, if he's gambling he shouldnt really have an issue with the sponsor?

Thanks, I read a bit about the loaning aspect last night but still wasn't sure exactly how it worked in most cases, and yeah was reading about Cisse again earlier here : Papiss Cissé's Wonga stand is clash of money and ethics for Newcastle | Louise Taylor | Football | The Guardian

They mention a cricket player who got out of having to wear the team's sponsor, but still not sure if it's ever been done in football.

edit : I guess you meant Fredi Kanouté from Sevilla, as he's also mentioned near the bottom of that article.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Thanks' date=' I read a bit about the loaning aspect last night but still wasn't sure exactly how it worked in most cases, and yeah was reading about Cisse again earlier here : Papiss Cissé's Wonga stand is clash of money and ethics for Newcastle | Louise Taylor | Football | The Guardian

They mention a cricket player who got out of having to wear the team's sponsor, but still not sure if it's ever been done in football.

edit : I guess you meant Fredi Kanouté from Sevilla, as he's also mentioned near the bottom of that article.

Kanoute, yep, plays for Mali. The cricketer being Amla from SA.

Carlsberg sponsored us all those years and despite only Steinlager being a shitter beer I still bought a few replica kits.

Have Newcastle banned bacon butties from the changes?

I've got a few as well. I validated it by applying the logic that no-one gives a shit about what I'm wearing, and I'm not being paid through my arse to do so.

Here is one bit of news that will cheer you all up...

United are losing again

Hahahahaha

Even if they go on to win, just think of what the united fans watching this right now are thinking.....they are full strength by the way.

Hahahahaaha

Win or lose, this is united best team out there pretty much. They arent going to be the same force they have been unless they spend big this summer.

I watched City's game last week and they dont look anything special yet either.

Chelsea will be the team to watch. If we spend some cash on 2-3 quality players we could be right up there next year. There is so much uncertainty at these other clubs right now.

I hope FSG give Rodgers more cash, even if Suarez doesnt go, this is the summer to close the gap. The opportunity is there right now, its time to act now and seize the moment.

Win or lose, this is united best team out there pretty much. They arent going to be the same force they have been unless they spend big this summer.

I watched City's game last week and they dont look anything special yet either.

Chelsea will be the team to watch. If we spend some cash on 2-3 quality players we could be right up there next year. There is so much uncertainty at these other clubs right now.

I hope FSG give Rodgers more cash, even if Suarez doesnt go, this is the summer to close the gap. The opportunity is there right now, its time to act now and seize the moment.

Calm down. It's still just friendlies.

Mate watching a Manc pre-season game, you are in a bad way. Is it still sunny back there?

Im starved of football mate!

Plus its a good chance to see how they are doing under Moyes, i watch most of our rivals.

They nearly went 3-1 down just now. Losing 3 out of 4 games is going to heap pressure on moyes, all before this tough start they have.

I dont want it to be too much of a disaster or fergie will come out of retirement by January at this rate. Watching them struggle is going to be fun though.

Calm down. It's still just friendlies.

True, but can you imagine United fans right now?

If they lose 3 out of 4 of moyes's first games, they will nearly be going into meltdown.

Or atleast thinking "oh fuck what have we done" hahahaahaha

With all the shit we have had to go through all these years its nice to see them starting to squirm, even if it does mean nothing.

True, but can you imagine United fans right now?

If they lose 3 out of 4 of moyes's first games, they will nearly be going into meltdown.

Or atleast thinking "oh fuck what have we done" hahahaahaha

With all the shit we have had to go through all these years its nice to see them starting to squirm, even if it does mean nothing.

I just can't get myself to imagine it because it would be too disappointing if it didn't happen.

I just can't get myself to imagine it because it would be too disappointing if it didn't happen.

I hear ya, if we expect it less, it will be even more of a nice "surprise" if it does happen.

Game finsihed 2-2 united got a last kick of the game equalizer.

Probably better that they didn't lose, less knives will be out for him but after watching them i dont think teams will have that "fear" factor when playing them anymore.....

Too many times I've seen us have shit pre-seasons followed by shit seasons to be able to write off pre-season friendlies as valueless indicators. More often than not they're a good omen of what the coming season holds, so to see United struggling to beat rubbish is heart-warming.