You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Just watched "Goal Rush" on LFCTV there, and I'd just like to say that Coutinho is going to be unbelievable next season. I'd even go as far as to say I'd rather us sell Suarez than Coutinho.

That is all.

Seems Iniesta has paid off £200k in owed wages to his old club, Albacete to ensure that they are not relegated.

Never really warmed to Andres ( don't know why, maybe it's his weird paleness ! ) but I do like to see things like that, showing players don't always forget their roots.

Just watched "Goal Rush" on LFCTV there' date=' and I'd just like to say that Coutinho is going to be unbelievable next season. I'd even go as far as to say I'd rather us sell Suarez than Coutinho.

That is all.[/quote']

Coutinho looked great at the back end of last season but we don't yet know if he can do it when it really matters, i.e. from the start of next season.

We need to be a bit careful with him because we're all going out of our way to proclaim how good he is but it's still early days.

We've had plenty of players who have looked really good initially only to fizzle out so i'm not falling into that trap again.

Having said all of that, if Coutinho does carry his form into next season on the whole, then WOW.

Cavani with a good finish to even things up vs Italy in the second half.

Not a bad match, so far.

Suarez hasn't done a thing, though. Don't know if it's down to not being match-fit, or what.

Its because he is up against much better defenders and he cant nutmeg them. He has looked poor all tournament against better players than we have in England.

Sell him and re-build the team.

He's not playing with his usual intensity. Not getting possession, not attacking with the ball at his feet, not diving (for the ball, of course), not constantly bitching at the referee, etc.

And even if he was playing against the greatest defense in football history, which he's not, if he was playing with his normal intensity he'd be doing all those things.

He's not playing with his usual intensity. Not getting possession, not attacking with the ball at his feet, not diving (for the ball, of course), not constantly bitching at the referee, etc.

And even if he was playing against the greatest defense in football history, which he's not, if he was playing with his normal intensity he'd be doing all those things.

Did you see what he did in the last minute?!

Italy 10 men down, 4 against 4 break, he doesnt use a single player and tries to dribble around everyone and score himself.

He make such bad decisions at times, and is way to greedy.

Did you see what he did in the last minute?!

Italy 10 men down, 4 against 4 break, he doesnt use a single player and tries to dribble around everyone and score himself.

He make such bad decisions at times, and is way to greedy.

Piss poor when he can't beat a team down to a solitary man, in fairness.

He actually seemed to be getting back to normal in the last quarter of the match. Attacking, getting the ball, bitching etc.

I'm thinking match fitness. The manager put him in for the last 28 minutes vs. Tahiti with the match in hand. Only reason I can think for doing that is to get him some match time.

Spain look nervous and a mess basically, but once it settles down (if they don't ship more goals) they'll probably take control eventually.

I can see them being intimidated and possibly losing this though. Brazil at their home in a final must be testing their nerves quite a lot.