You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

I'm delighted for Bellamy, as i still love him. But Cardiff can fuck off. Gobshite fans that we dont need to be seeing in the Premiership.

Would go with this, think Bellamy is ace but for reasons I'm unsure of I've always had a massive dislike for Cardiff

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Can't understand why Podolski doesn't start for Arsenal.

I said before the season started Podolski would struggle to score more than 10 PL goals and with just 5 games left heæ's not got there yet.

He's not playing because he is not very good.

The Cardiff fans were up in arms when the owner decided last summer to change their home kit from blue to red. He reasoned that red would be more popular in Asia where it is seen as a lucky colour, and where he's trying to build a large fanbase. I wonder what the Cardiff fans think now.

you really should get out more, spending all your time whinging on here

The fuck? All my time whinging? What the hell are you talking about.

I've given Arsenal a bit of stick because i had to endure a drab snoozefest on the TV. As an aside i had them in an acca, which probably compounded the frustration at the turgid, pointless football they served up.

And i'm not about to welcome Cardiff into the Premier League, they have always been dickheads - and my brother lives down there these days so im familiar with the epic bellendary from the fans.

Neg off

I said before the season started Podolski would struggle to score more than 10 PL goals and with just 5 games left heæ's not got there yet.

Yeah, he's got nine. From 27 games, many as a sub. 14 in 36 overall. Giroud who seems to start almost every game, has 11 league goals.

Podolski is the best forward at the club.

If he's not very good, why is he a regular in an outstanding German national team?

If he's not very good, why is he a regular in an outstanding German national team?

Some players fit in better some places than others for Podolski its FC Køln and Germany.

David Healy has 36 goals for NI, maybe we should sign him on basis of that?

Dietmar Hamann unsure if Podolski is the right player for Arsenal

Dietmar Hamann has cast doubt on the prospect of fellow countryman Lukas Podolski making a successful impact at Arsenal next season.

It is thought Podolski, 26, will move to north London in the summer and join compatriot Per Mertesacker as Arsenal agreed a reported £10.8million fee with his club Koln. But Hamann believes, Podolski's past experience at Bayern Munich suggest he may not be the ideal signing for Arsene Wenger.

“Podolski is obviously a very good player because he has shown it for a number of years in the [German] national team,” Hamann told Talksport.

“He’s scored a lot of goals for them but the only thing is that most of his form, or all of his best form, is in the national team.

“He went to Bayern Munich a few years ago, he couldn’t really make a breakthrough there, and obviously he’s back in his home town of Köln where he is loved, where he’s their main player and he blossoms.

“He’s scored a lot of goals this year but again, the one time he played for a big club, at Bayern, he didn’t really cut it.

“It’s always different to play at a big club because you’re one of many and at Köln he’s their main player.

“He’s scored more goals this season than the rest of the team [combined].

“So he is in tremendous form this year but then again I always feel scoring goals for Köln, where he takes every free-kick and every penalty, is very different to scoring goals for Bayern Munich or Arsenal if he does come.

Podolski has so far netted 16 times in just 20 league games in an impressive Bundesliga campaign as well as 43 times in 91 caps for Germany. He has featured in the past four international tournaments, collecting the best young player award at World Cup 2006.

“He’s a level-headed kid,” Hamann continued.

“He’s not a bad person, I’ve not got any worries about him in that respect but then again if you come to a foreign country and don’t know the language, sometimes that has other challenges.

“I just thought that with his failure to make an impact at Bayern Munich, I wasn’t sure whether he was the right player for Arsenal.

“Obviously Arsene Wenger would have scouted him over the last few months or years. He is undoubtedly a very good player but whether he fits into Arsenal – I’m not sure.

“I think [£10million] is a lot of money for a player who has not made it at a big club with the one chance he has had. He’s very similar to [Robin] van Persie.

“He’s a left-footed player who likes to play in and around the box. I don’t know what the thinking or the reason around it was but I’m not sure whether he will be a success.

“I’d be a bit worried.”

I said all the things Didi said when Podolski signed for them but even so he is still there best striker imo or at least level with Walcott when Walcott plays upfront properly

Giroud is just like a worse version of what Adebayor was there, scores a reasonable amount but misses a hell of a lot more and doesn't fit in their general play