You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Was overhyped at the time they signed him' date=' very good player like but not what he was made out to be

Wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago if you'd have told me Prince-Boateng and Muntari would be scoring for Milan against Barca in Champions League![/quote']

I hadn't seen much of him at that point so I just had to go by what others said of him but you're right he's not as good as he was made to sound.

I know! Was they both together in the relegated Portsmouth team? If so that's some achievement, although I really don't rate Muntari.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Was overhyped at the time they signed him, very good player like but not what he was made out to be

Wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago if you'd have told me Prince-Boateng and Muntari would be scoring for Milan against Barca in Champions League!

Half expecting Linvoy Primus to make it 3-0

I hadn't seen much of him at that point so I just had to go by what others said of him but you're right he's not as good as he was made to sound.

I know! Was they both together in the relegated Portsmouth team? If so that's some achievement, although I really don't rate Muntari.

Muntari was at Portsmouth when they won the FA Cup and he was pretty good there and got a move to Inter, was alright there but fell out of favour and had a loan at Sunderland where he didn't do right much so it was a bit of a surprise when he got the move to Milan, Boateng i always felt was talented at Spurs and Portsmouth but lacked bottle but he has been great since joining Milan

Muntari was at Portsmouth when they won the FA Cup and he was pretty good there and got a move to Inter' date=' was alright there but fell out of favour and had a loan at Sunderland where he didn't do right much so it was a bit of a surprise when he got the move to Milan, Boateng i always felt was talented at Spurs and Portsmouth but lacked bottle but he has been great since joining Milan[/quote']

Boateng was always definitely talented, he was similar to Taarabt at Spurs I guess, where they were both too young and not disciplined enough for Premiership football. Comolli did sign some good players at Tottenham mind, shame he was a complete buffoon by the time we employed him.

When Barca brought on Alexis Sanchez, it was pretty much over. He's not worked out for them and isn't the guy to come off the bench to get you back in the game, let alone win it. He was brilliant to watch at Udinese. Out of his depth at Barcelona? Probably.

But I'm surprised by how poor Barcelona looked. I know they've been shaky in defense, but they looked really off. How do you have no shots on target and be Barca? Or maybe Milan are that good?

Barca players have lost their hunger

Milan played well, but barca just dont have the desire anymore. They play so slowly now, and without a proper manager it seems they lack tactics in these kind of games.

Before teams like celtic and milan would sit 11 behind the ball but barca would be so fast in passing and link up play, they would still out play deep defending teams but now they build up play too slowly.

Messi hardly moves, alves doesnt burst forward like he used to and xavi doesnt have the legs or drive that he once had.

Add to that they have won everything a player can win, i think the fantastic breathtaking football will not be seen so frequently anymore.

End of an era?

Milan played well' date=' but barca just dont have the desire anymore. They play so slowly now, and without a proper manager it seems they lack tactics in these kind of games.

Before teams like celtic and milan would sit 11 behind the ball but barca would be so fast in passing and link up play, they would still out play deep defending teams but now they build up play too slowly.

Messi hardly moves, alves doesnt burst forward like he used to and xavi doesnt have the legs or drive that he once had.

Add to that they have won everything a player can win, i think the fantastic breathtaking football will not be seen so frequently anymore.

End of an era?[/quote']

They've had one of the best starts ever in La Liga and they scored more goals too. Just an off day more than an end of an era. Don't underestimate Vilanova not being there too, it's difficult not having the guidance of your actual manager.

Milan played well, but barca just dont have the desire anymore. They play so slowly now, and without a proper manager it seems they lack tactics in these kind of games.

End of an era?

You are utterly clueless.

I think we've seem somewhat of a peak in English football in Europe, we have had finalists in 6 of the last 7 years and think the English league has weakened since. The internal and external competition Benitez and Mourinho brought made the English clubs so difficult to play and raised the bar of the other two entrants. Arsenal are a shadow of their former selfs and City have been an abomination on the European stage. I just hope the other manc cunts don't wind up in the final via some favourable ties.

I think we've seem somewhat of a peak in English football in Europe, we have had finalists in 6 of the last 7 years and think the English league has weakened since. The internal and external competition Benitez and Mourinho brought made the English clubs so difficult to play and raised the bar of the other two entrants. Arsenal are a shadow of their former selfs and City have been an abomination on the European stage. I just hope the other manc cunts don't wind up in the final via some favourable ties.[/QUOTE]

Bayern and Dortmund, as well as Juventus would all be tough gigs next up. That is if they get past Real Madrid, who aren't in the driving seat, but definitely not out of the tie. Barca at home is still going to be a huge hurdle for Milan, even with a 2-goal lead.

Long, long way to go yet, as I'd think only Juventus and probably Bayern are certain to go through out of all the ties.

They've had one of the best starts ever in La Liga and they scored more goals too. Just an off day more than an end of an era. Don't underestimate Vilanova not being there too, it's difficult not having the guidance of your actual manager.

I'm not so sure, i love watching them play and i've seen pretty much all of their games over the last 6-7 years.

I know they have set the league alight but they seem more methodical and find it harder to break teams down. They can still brush aside weak teams but against decent sides they find it much harder.

I agree with you about the manager thing, but vilanova doesnt have the same aura as pep. Gaurdiola was a perfectionist, an obsessive, and he got his tactics right in almost every game they played.

They play much slower and dont tear teams apart like they used to and i dont think they will turn this tie around. I hope they do, as i dont want united to win the trophy but i cant see them doing it.

They have lost a certain spark and speed about their play.

I'm not so sure' date=' i love watching them play and i've seen pretty much all of their games over the last 6-7 years.

I know they have set the league alight but they seem more methodical and find it harder to break teams down. They can still brush aside weak teams but against decent sides they find it much harder.

I agree with you about the manager thing, but vilanova doesnt have the same aura as pep. Gaurdiola was a perfectionist, an obsessive, and he got his tactics right in almost every game they played.

They play much slower and dont tear teams apart like they used to and i dont think they will turn this tie around. I hope they do, as i dont want united to win the trophy but i cant see them doing it.

They have lost a certain spark and speed about their play.[/quote']

Obviously I have no actual idea (as I don't play for Barca) but by all accounts Tito is alot stricter than Guardiola and it seems to me to be working for Messi, if he continues his currant rate he's going to score more than last season.

They are a lot more methodical but it's just a different way of playing I guess, we're all used to the way they played under Guardiola so maybe it seems they have regressed. Barca had similar games to this under Pep, he didn't bowl teams over every game. We'll get to see in the 2nd leg if they are the real deal and if this was just a bad game.