You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

77 million Euros for a 9% share way back in 2002 seems a bit steep!

Standard Chartered gave us 80 million over 4 years for no stake in the ownership and one season of Champions league football. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Adidas and Audi's 2002 deal with Bayern looks pretty good value for money in comparison.

They must be doing ok, having spent a lazy 45 million quid on Martinez and Shaqiri alone, not sure how much they spent on Mandzukic, but he has done very well to keep Gomez out of the starting XI for the majority of this season. Shaqiri already has a few goals from a number of apperances off the bench (and he's only 21), whilst Martinez has given their defence some extra protection, conceding only 15 goals in 32 matches in all competitions (and scoring 85 in the meantime)

Definitely one to beat this year.

Guest San Don
The Dave Clark Five could own the club, it still wouldn't rule out the possibility of a manager or managers spunking money on appalling shite.

No but the team behind the club certainly does. Not that Im a big watcher of foreign footbal or Bayern in particular but, their rise to prominence closely mirrored ours.

They werent even founder members of the bundesliga when it started but gained promotion and soon started to dominate German football.

The ownership model of German clubs is something we can only dream about. You dont get twats like comerade abramovich, mansoor or the qataari's chucking shitloads of money at a club.

Hoffenheim had some money pumped into them but nothing on the scale that the PL has seen. In fact, I think Hoffenheim are doing a bit shit this season.

No but the team behind the club certainly does. Not that Im a big watcher of foreign footbal or Bayern in particular but, their rise to prominence closely mirrored ours.

They werent even founder members of the bundesliga when it started but gained promotion and soon started to dominate German football.

The ownership model of German clubs is something we can only dream about. You dont get twats like comerade abramovich, mansoor or the qataari's chucking shitloads of money at a club.

Hoffenheim had some money pumped into them but nothing on the scale that the PL has seen. In fact, I think Hoffenheim are doing a bit shit this season.

10 points away from getting out of the relegation zone. A bit shit indeed. It's the Babel effect, just wait for Ajax to nosedive once he moves on from there :whistle:

Hoffenheim, though, have to balance the books by how the German league is run. So, they've sold off every player that has really come good, and it cost them a manager and any growth that their little boost has really managed to give.

They looked destined to be a solid, top end, club in die Bundesliga a few years ago... and now Im waiting until they get relegated.

Hoffenheim, though, have to balance the books by how the German league is run. So, they've sold off every player that has really come good, and it cost them a manager and any growth that their little boost has really managed to give.

They looked destined to be a solid, top end, club in die Bundesliga a few years ago... and now Im waiting until they get relegated.

In a way, it's a great thing as it is an example to other clubs to not fuck about with club finances or else you will ultimately lose.

The sooner they introduce some of these regulations into English football, the better.

I want Bayern to win the Champions League this year, simply because it would piss all over Guardiola's chips.

He thought he'd go to a club on the precipice winning the CL and then he could look like the dude and win it the following season after buying big, prove that he's not just a flash-in-the-pan with the Worlds best players at his fingertips.

BOOM. Oh looky, bit of pressure there Pep, you replacing a Champions League winning manager, and then spending £100m on players next Summer, you HAVE to win the CL then, and everything else.

I want Bayern to win the Champions League this year' date=' simply because it would piss all over Guardiola's chips.

He thought he'd go to a club on the precipice winning the CL and then he could look like the dude and win it the following season after buying big, prove that he's not just a flash-in-the-pan with the Worlds best players at his fingertips.

BOOM. Oh looky, bit of pressure there Pep, you replacing a Champions League winning manager, and then spending £100m on players next Summer, you HAVE to win the CL then, and everything else.[/quote']

I'd prefer Dortmund but them v Bayern would be a cracking final.

Lewandowski going to Bayern in the summer from Dortmund too.

I want Bayern to win the Champions League this year, simply because it would piss all over Guardiola's chips.

BOOM. Oh looky, bit of pressure there Pep, you replacing a Champions League winning manager, and then spending £100m on players next Summer, you HAVE to win the CL then, and everything else.

I don't want them to win it this year. This is for the simple fact that when I REALLY wanted them to win it last year against those Russian cunts, they shit themselves. Now they can fuck off. **

** Unless they are playing United.

What's the fuss with El Sharawaay? Doesn't look all that to me.

He looks a whopper to me.

One great kit on show' date=' one appalling kit. Who comes up with these things?[/quote']

He's being touted as the next best thing in Serie A this season. He's got a shit number and a shit haircut while we're on the subject

I'd defo have Kevin Prince Boateng' date=' he's quality and really skilful, seems to have improved immensely the last 18 months, I think he would be a quality signing and he would leave I think because of the racism issue going on in Italy.[/quote']

Yeah me to, not sure where he'd play for us tho or how much he'd cost.

How bad had Alexis gotten lately by the way, I remember him being described as a cross between Messi and Ronaldo when they signed him. I've seen him miss so many open goals this season.

Was overhyped at the time they signed him, very good player like but not what he was made out to be

Wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago if you'd have told me Prince-Boateng and Muntari would be scoring for Milan against Barca in Champions League!