You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

There was no scrapping outside the ground (not that I could see).

The United players ran over to the away section, but rather than stand in the middle of the away section, they continued onwards over to the City fans - it's hard to know if that was on purpose or not - I could give them the benefit of the doubt (just).

However Phil Jones 2 (possibly 3) times taunted the City fans pretty much as the rest of United were in the far corner. He ran along the side of the crowd doing the 'shush' (finger to lips) gesture, which didn't help matters.

No excuse for coin throwing or the pillock of a kid who ran on the pitch.

Thought we deserved at least a draw, but you can't give two goals away to United and expect to get much from a game. A lot of play acting to slow the game down, and some poor ref decisions (against both sides) didn't help.

Bitterly disappointed, but heartened that we were the better team for most of the game. Balotelli - a let down once again, Tevez was inspirational.

C'est la vie.

"Better team for most of the game"

Did you only get in after half time?

Guest San Don
Messi has already got 2 goals tonight... i thought he was injured? Is that the record then?

Edit: Already answered by magicrat

Good job he got 2 then. One he got credited with last week was clearly an og and our 'dubious goals' panel would deffo have taken it off him.

Fucking hell. I might have lucked out here.

Backed the mancs to win earlier at 4/1 £20 on.

Backed us to win 5/2 £20 on.

Had a double of Barca/Inter at 3/1 £10 on.

Inter were completely and utterly battered by all accounts and won 2-1, Barca are 2-1 up in injury time.

Today has been a good day

There was no scrapping outside the ground (not that I could see).

The United players ran over to the away section, but rather than stand in the middle of the away section, they continued onwards over to the City fans - it's hard to know if that was on purpose or not - I could give them the benefit of the doubt (just).

However Phil Jones 2 (possibly 3) times taunted the City fans pretty much as the rest of United were in the far corner. He ran along the side of the crowd doing the 'shush' (finger to lips) gesture, which didn't help matters.

No excuse for coin throwing or the pillock of a kid who ran on the pitch.

Thought we deserved at least a draw, but you can't give two goals away to United and expect to get much from a game. A lot of play acting to slow the game down, and some poor ref decisions (against both sides) didn't help.

Bitterly disappointed, but heartened that we were the better team for most of the game. Balotelli - a let down once again, Tevez was inspirational.

C'est la vie.

I'd say there is a direct correlation between the recession and what is going on in football nowadays. coins being thrown is nothing new but apparently it's on the increase, incidents of racism definitely on the increase. it won't be long until there is full blown hooliganism again.

people are just very angry at the minute. they're spending up to 100's of quids going to watch their team. some of these people may have lost their jobs or have personal problems. The passions run high in these derbies especially but for these multi multi millionaire footballers to celebrate and goad fans of the opposition and expect them to just take it isn't very reasonable. unfortunately it doesn't reflect well on city but although I'm sure rio ferdinand wasn't looking to almost lose an eye I'm sure he is fucking delighted that city fans are being criticised up and down the country tonight.

United deserved to win today though they had a good goal ruled offside and a good penalty decision turned down. On the flip side Yaya Toure was away on his own down the flank but the ref didn't play the advantage. I really don't think the referees are helping things with the inconsistency across games. Take that Joe Allen handball today in our game - that's a penalty given by one referee and another ref on a different day wouldn't give it. it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and fuels the anger fans are feeling today.

I'd say there is a direct correlation between the recession and what is going on in football nowadays. coins being thrown is nothing new but apparently it's on the increase, incidents of racism definitely on the increase. it won't be long until there is full blown hooliganism again.

people are just very angry at the minute. they're spending up to 100's of quids going to watch their team. some of these people may have lost their jobs or have personal problems. The passions run high in these derbies especially but for these multi multi millionaire footballers to celebrate and goad fans of the opposition and expect them to just take it isn't very reasonable. unfortunately it doesn't reflect well on city but although I'm sure rio ferdinand wasn't looking to almost lose an eye I'm sure he is fucking delighted that city fans are being criticised up and down the country tonight.

United deserved to win today though they had a good goal ruled offside and a good penalty decision turned down. On the flip side Yaya Toure was away on his own down the flank but the ref didn't play the advantage. I really don't think the referees are helping things with the inconsistency across games. Take that Joe Allen handball today in our game - that's a penalty given by one referee and another ref on a different day wouldn't give it. it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and fuels the anger fans are feeling today.

A lot of truth in what you say here. People often assume a serious recession is an 'easy excuse' for trouble, but there is a correlation for sure.

Regarding the moronic City fans throwing stuff - ban them. We have enough fans waiting that we can afford lifetime bans for them (or at least lengthy bans, as I'm not a fan of lifetime stuff).

Things aren't helped by the arrangement of fans at City, where the 'hard core' mob sit either side of the away fans rather than a more traditional 'home end' and 'away end'. If teams stand in the middle of the away section, they are still less than 25 yards away from the hardcore home mob - not ideal when you're playing fierce rivals and lose in dramatic fashion.

CCTV should be able to pick out plenty of coin tossers (tossers being the operative word). I've no problem with United celebrating - it's no fun to watch, but that's part of the game. I do take issue with Phil Jones taunting the crowd, but he's hardly the first to do it, and we've had a few do the same in return.

I'm still not sure they deserved the win - but I'm biased. A draw probably would have been a better reflection, but on the other hand, both sides had chances, United just took 3 of theirs and we took 2. The final score's the only true measure so fair play to them.

That's one massive fucking goblin head you've got there, to be sure.

BBC Sport - Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill: I'm best man for job

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill: I'm best man for job

Martin O'Neill insists he is the "only man" to steer Sunderland out of their current relegation-battling troubles.

The Black Cats are third from bottom of the Premier League and face fellow strugglers Reading on Tuesday.

O'Neill said: "So what do you do then? You go and put someone else in charge, he gets a group of 12, 13 games and can't win any? It's the same thing.

"I don't want to be boastful, but not only am I the best man for the job, I am actually the only man for the job."

Sunderland were beaten 3-1 at home by Chelsea on Saturday as they slipped down into the top-flight drop zone, with only Reading and QPR below them.

They have won just two of their last 23 Premier League matches and doubts have emerged over O'Neill's position.

"We will steer through it, we will get calmer waters ahead - it might take us a few months to do that - and then we will see," added the 60-year-old, who led Sunderland away from relegation after taking over a year ago.

The match against the Royals was originally postponed because of a waterlogged pitch in August and O'Neill believes his side's poor run has not affected the players' morale levels before the fixture.

"It's a game we can win," said O'Neill. "I'm sure Reading possibly feel the same themselves, but it's really up to us.

"It's far from doom and gloom around the place. The players are very positive, they're really upbeat and they've been in this position before, so they know how to cope with it."

that O'Neill interview makes me laugh, Sunderland should be nowhere near the relegation zone, players like Fletcher, Adam Johnson,Mignolet and Sessegnon are far better than that and then for the most part of their side are solid but not spectacular Premier League players like Gardner, Cattermole, Larsson and O'shea, they should at least be looking to come around 11th/12th for me yet O'Neill's bigging himself up with them in the relegation zoe

Wenger's becoming like that hunk of doner meat that's been rotating in the local kebab house for years. How many times has it been reheated now?

Bet they win 3 or 4 league games in a row to move back into 4th now as well - he could have danced on the Rancor Monster's trap door and still snapped clear at the last moment, the spawny get.

starting to think Arsene's days may be numbered

he must at least be under some pressure as in previous years he'd have never sent such a strong team to a league 2 side regardless of it being in the quarters, hell he even played a bunch of kids in the final v Chelsea in 07