You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at his performance today I'm afraid he has been giving the ball away too frequently. Mind you Suarez was as bad if not worse on that score.

I'm at a loss to see how they and a few others on the team are actually gonna be able to carry out BR's brand of football where the idea is to dominate possession.

On the basis of recent, but most particularly today's performance, yes obviously he should be dropped and replaced with Shelvey for a game or two.

I'd say the same about Suarez tbh but I've no fucking clue who we'd replace him with.

Is he saving himself for the England qualifiers next week? I have a sneaking suspicion that he's only working at about 70%. I can't think of anything else that would account for him giving the ball away almost every opportunity he's had in every game of the season thus far. His mishandling of the ball has also been in really dangerous positions, and from what I saw today, his poor control lead to Arsenal's first goal.

When Lucas comes back, we need to try a different midfield and not become so reliant on Steven. We're eventually going to have to get used to it and should probably start now. I'd suggest (and this may not be popular) that we select our players based on their form.

We also need to start playing with Henderson because if we're trying to move him on, he needs to be put in the shop window. Over the course of the season, I'd like to see a three of Sahin/Allen/Shelvey and then have Lucas come in slowly in place of Shelvey. Gerrard should be the most senior midfielder for our cup competitions along with our fringe midfielders who need more experience, like Suso and Coady, for example.

I think they're 2 of our biggest worries. Along with a centre forward.

On the pitch I mean. Biggest worry is the owners.

I'd rather show we can at least score goals first. This has got to be the most toothless Liverpool side I've ever seen.

Besides, who do you bin them off for? The squad is a joke. Get shut of Reina and it's Brad fucking Jones, for instance.

We haven't really given Brad Jones a chance, with the exception of a consecutive three-game stint where he had to fill in for Reina during his ban last season. I didn't think he performed too badly. He kept us in that Blackburn match and I thought he did pretty well at Wembley.

I'd rather show we can at least score goals first. This has got to be the most toothless Liverpool side I've ever seen.

Besides, who do you bin them off for? The squad is a joke. Get shut of Reina and it's Brad fucking Jones, for instance.

I'd drop Gerrard for Shelvey. Jones is that bad we can't drop Reina.

He is loose with his passing and unfortunately we have been punished a few times because of it. Nobody should be in the side on former glories and he needs to do it now. Shelvey has done better when he has made a cameo. I would drop Stevie for Shelvey, OR, I would replace Borini with Stevie and see what that brings us.

We weren't punished today because Gerrard misplaced a pass Rev, we were punished because Cazorla was left unmarked in a hole between our midfield and defence the size of Wales.

He needs to be less wasteful with the ball sure, but if you give it away in the opposition half it's not your fault if they get it all the way down the other end and score.

That's what your defensive players are for.