You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god people are starting to realise. Gerrard has been consistently our WORST player over the last 2 years. and yet hendo ( was brilliant last night) and others get the blame. it seems that Liverpools fans are living in the past thinking we are still up there and that Gerrard is still worldclass. might i remind you that the entire team keeps changing around him and the result is the same- therefore something else is the problem and I know its gerrard. even legends grow old.

As debuts go, this is right up with there with 'George Weah's cousin' for Southampton.

You titanic fucking cunt.

Guest San Don
Gerrard played 18 league games last season. He didn't play in 20 league games last season. How many did we win with him and without him?

Our record with him in the team last season was actually appalling in the league, so it's not quite true that he still carries the team when he plays and we fall to pieces without him. He was poor last season bar the odd game.

This is absolute nonsense. I could elucidate for you but I fear you wouldnt comprehend.

Thank god people are starting to realise. Gerrard has been consistently our WORST player over the last 2 years. and yet hendo ( was brilliant last night) and others get the blame. it seems that Liverpools fans are living in the past thinking we are still up there and that Gerrard is still worldclass. might i remind you that the entire team keeps changing around him and the result is the same- therefore something else is the problem and I know its gerrard. even legends grow old.

There are some real jokers around.

Guest San Don
Sahin, depending on his own performances, will make dropping Gerrard a lot easier.

The GErrard era is coming to an end, we must not be afraid.

Sahin isnt even signed yet. He may turn out to be a good player for us for 1 season. I wouldnt get too excited just yet.

Do you piss your pants to keep warm?

It's always the same. Every thread about Gerrard or Carra is full of OOT Superfan cunts talking shit about topics, the very essence of which, they will never, ever truly understand.

Pity them. They are welcome as Liverpool fans, but they know, deep down, it's never going to be the same as them supporting Liverpool as it is for someone born there. Most acknowledge, accept and live with this. For some, it is a bitterness that eats them up on a psychic level that causes pain and loneliness. This pain can only be ameliorated by striking back at the very heart of what they purport to love.

Guest ShoePiss
It's always the same. Every thread about Gerrard or Carra is full of OOT Superfan cunts talking shit about topics, the very essence of which, they will never, ever truly understand.

Pity them. They are welcome as Liverpool fans, but they know, deep down, it's never going to be the same as them supporting Liverpool as it is for someone born there. Most acknowledge, accept and live with this. For some, it is a bitterness that eats them up on a psychic level that causes pain and loneliness. This pain can only be ameliorated by striking back at the very heart of what they purport to love.

Very well put.

Gerrard's better outwide than any of our wingers, probably a better forward than any of them, a better right back than most of them too.

We could sign Xavi, iniesta and toure and Gerrard would still be playing in this squad.

Which is great. It means I get to look at rawk every now and again and laugh at them moaning over the clubs best player and crying about insua.

Good post and agree with you totally.

Biggest pile of shite.

OOT Superfan cunts are cunts and would be if they were from Liverpool and would act no different.

There's plenty of fucking no mark dickheads from Liverpool who don't have a clue just like there is from anywhere.

The Internet fanbase however is a different matter and the majority of them are from outside Liverpool so that's why it comes across this way,and I agree most of them are bad cunts but that's the Internet for you

A good lad OOT gets just as much supporting Liverpool as anyone else,and understands the club and it's traditions as much as anyone.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've managed to go pages without even looking at this thread. But I must do my duty and tell you all to fuck off. Hope this helps.

Personally speaking, I think after all this time Gerrard is still the best player in our squad (yes, including Suarez) but I don't think he belongs in the midfield of a team that is aiming to play possession based football.

Gerrard is an all action midfielder but possession football is all about patiently looking for openings. Also with possession football, it asks that you defend high up the pitch so you are more susceptible to counter attack so giving the ball away in dangerous areas is going to leave you wide open and Gerrard simply doesn't strike me as the type of player who can recycle posession over and over until an oppertunity presents itself, he is the type of midfielder that will attempt to force the issue even if it means threading the eye of a needle, all well and good when the team is set up to get behing the ball when possession is lost but we are set up to defend high up the pitch and hunt for the ball when we lose it so we have to be a lot more cautious with are attempted passes.

I actually think Gerrard is the most clinical player we possess so push him as close to the oppersition goal as possible where he can hurt the oppersition with his finishing, also he has the intelligence to link up with Suarez. relieve him of some of his defensive duties and allow him to do what he does best (score). All Gerrard needs is a midfield competent enough to give him the ball early and often in dangerous areas and solid enough to withstand the counter attack if he loses the ball.

Gerrard can be as good as he's ever been, just not in midfield (imho), in a possession based system I just don't see it but I do see him being one of the best forwards in the country if he is pushed into the front 3.

Anyone seriously considering that Gerrard should be dropped is a clueless cunt who should do everyone a favour and never post again.

So your happy with his contribution to the cause over the last 3 years then?? one season spent sulking because he wanted Rafa out, half the next season injured and contributed very little when he then came back, another large chunk of last season missing as well and when he came back he only produced one good game out of every 4 or 5, he is not the world class player he once was, he is still a good player and a very useful player to have at the club but he should be treated like every other player at the club, if he plays well he gets picked if he doesn't he gets dropped simple as that.

Sulking because he wanted Rafa out, where did this idea begin that carra and gerrard played a part in his downfall. Nobody not one single person contributed more than gerrard did to Rafas success here. No FA cup and fifth European cup without Rafa and I'd say none without gerrard either many of the games weren't tactical moments of genius but down to an individuals brilliance a player who it seems gets treated like the shit on Rafas shoe by some. I'll be gutted when he retires, we are the same age and when he goes a bit of magic in my life will too, local boy captaining his boyhood club alongside being one of its greatest ever players, that for me is part of the romance of football.