You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Talks a good game in the media all the time, but rarely looks interested in a Liverpool shirt anymore when out on the pitch and has a tendency to give the ball away far too easy, either through poor passing or forcing the play too much. Whether he's just jaded because of what's happened to the club in recent years, or he doesn't have the legs anymore, I don't know.

One of Rodgers' biggest challenges will be dealing with it one way or the other. Either he just does a Kenny and sticks him in midfield whenever he's fit and enjoy the occasional good performance and several poor ones, or we move him further forward and save his legs by using him as an impact sub rather than a guaranteed starter every week. He can still be a real asset for us, but he hasn't been for a few years now, so we can't just close our eyes and hope for the best. His attitude yesterday was unacceptable - the captain that doesn't lead on that performance.

Over to you Brendan.

Edited by ritchie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not always about having the balls to drop a player as high profile as Gerrard, it's being in a strong enough position to do so.

Imagine if Gerrard had been dropped for yesterday's game Rodgers would be getting it from all angles today. Likewise if he drops him for the City game next week and we get battered, people will ask why he wasn't in the line-up.

It's not always about having the balls to drop a player as high profile as Gerrard, it's being in a strong enough position to do so.

Imagine if Gerrard had been dropped for yesterday's game Rodgers would be getting it from all angles today. Likewise if he drops him for the City game next week and we get battered, people will ask why he wasn't in the line-up.

These fucktards calling for it will always find something to complain about. Gerrard this week, something else for the next loss and so it will continue.

Load of nonsense dropping him. He has always had the odd quiet game. Fuck me he's carried the club on so many occasions I think we can afford him that.

He's a victim of his own outstanding achievements. We lose our opening game and it's obvious everyones pissed off. Rightly so.We always look for him to pick us up and when it doesn't come off for him he gets it.

Get someone in alongside Lucas and Allen, Adam will do for now,Sahin would be great.

Let the lad drift between them and the front 2.

His touch and composure will allow him to pick players out in tight areas, get him closer to Luis and when we concede possession he'll be the first line of defence.

Bit mischievious reds wanting him dropped. Who for??? Who is better than S Gerrard at the club presently??? No one so fucking calm down you flapping cunts

Hes still our best player by a country mile, well Suarez is probably close behind in fairness.

And hes our best finisher. Of that I'm sure.

Doesn't matter a jot what anyone says, you don't have to be a fucking professional manager to know sticking him further forward as part of a front 3 instead of Downing would make us better off. If we did that for the season I'd be confident of him bagging 10-15 goals easy.

Is it about whether he should be dropped, or whether he'd be more effective off the bench these days? Napoli and Newcastle were two of his best performances in recent seasons - both off the bench against tiring defences. He rarely makes that impact from the start these days.

Are you talking about dropping him to motivate him?

Do you know him? What motivates him? Everybody is motivated by different things. Indeed some players would be demotivated by this course of action.

Perhaps you want to drop him for a better player? Who Did you have on mind?

Starting every game obviously doesn't motivate him these days.

I'd drop him for Shelvey, noooooo problem at all.

Hes still our best player by a country mile, well Suarez is probably close behind in fairness.

And hes our best finisher. Of that I'm sure.

Doesn't matter a jot what anyone says, you don't have to be a fucking professional manager to know sticking him further forward as part of a front 3 instead of Downing would make us better off. If we did that for the season I'd be confident of him bagging 10-15 goals easy.

Best finisher, agreed. He's unfortunately not even close to being our best player anymore... If he was, that result yesterday wouldn't have happened.

Starting every game obviously doesn't motivate him these days.

I'd drop him for Shelvey, noooooo problem at all.

Shelvey should play, as (hopefully, and I believe) he is the future. Personally I think it should be on the expense of Downing, but as mentioned on another thread, Gerrard really needs a kick up the arse...

There's been excuse for every facet of his decline over the past three seasons, and it's all a little too convenient.

Either people want a fully effective football team, or they want to see Gerrard do something impressive every 10 games and see where we end up come May.

At the minute, thats the way it is.

Best finisher, agreed. He's unfortunately not even close to being our best player anymore... If he was, that result yesterday wouldn't have happened.

That is as pisspoor a post I have ever read on this site and i'm telling you there's been some fucking raspers.

Go back to bed theres a good lad. You've a lot of windows to lick in the morning. Idiot

That is as pisspoor a post I have ever read on this site and i'm telling you there's been some fucking raspers.

Go back to bed theres a good lad. You've a lot of windows to lick in the morning. Idiot

Ah, the old knee jerk "how dare you" defence when someone criticises Gerrard.

When he retires, I suggest popping an arsenic-laced dildo up your arse and wear one of the 14 different 'Gerrard 8' shirts to leave people in doubt as to your demise.

Ah, the old knee jerk "how dare you" defence when someone criticises Gerrard.

When he retires, I suggest popping an arsenic-laced dildo up your arse and wear one of the 14 different 'Gerrard 8' shirts to leave people in doubt as to your demise.

What the fuck are you on about. Do you sit next to him on the bus. Sorry.

That dildo thing doesn't still have your boyfriends shit stains on it does it.

Taste it and let me know will you mate.

What the fuck are you on about. Do you sit next to him on the bus. Sorry.

That dildo thing doesn't still have your boyfriends shit stains on it does it.

Taste it and let me know will you mate.

Hey, look, if the anti-gay thing makes you process this better then fine, though be careful because I think that it's technically illegal to go round bleating those views out even on the Internet these days.

It's also amusing that a grown man with an infatuation with another grown man (Gerrard) is trying to tell me I'm gay. :wow:

I don't think Gerrard should be dropped at all. I still think he is a quality player and much better than Shelvey/Spearing/Henderson etc...

He did have a nightmare game yesterday, but I think he was class last week in the Europa Qualifier and was in the Euros. Even last season, I thought he was good enough to stay in the squad.

I think if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, then yeah, drop him. But certainly not now.

Hey, look, if the anti-gay thing makes you process this better then fine, though be careful because I think that it's technically illegal to go round bleating those views out even on the Internet these days.

It's also amusing that a grown man with an infatuation with another grown man (Gerrard) is trying to tell me I'm gay. :wow:

Now then before this gets silly let me let you know I have no infatuation with the captain.

There are things he does that pisses me off no end. The way he shrugs his team mates off when he's scored. I fucking hate that.

The no show when a cunt ref fucks us. The Mascherano sending off by that cunt Bennett.at utd an example .

No mate he has his faults but doesn't deserve the grief he's getting today.

Thanks for the advice regards my post but be assured it was purely tongue in cheek. As i hope yours was

If Gerrard isn't doing the business for Liverpool, then he deserves to br treated like any other player who is not performing..The club comes first..If the team is performing well without Gerrard in the team and not when he's there then he deserves to get benched..Legend or not, and I am a massive Gerrard fan.

If Gerrard isn't doing the business for Liverpool, then he deserves to br treated like any other player who is not performing..The club comes first..If the team is performing well without Gerrard in the team and not when he's there then he deserves to get benched..Legend or not, and I am a massive Gerrard fan.

This is correct, but let's see how we get on in the next few games as the team setup beds in.

I don't think he is right for a position in the middle 3 the way rodgers wants to play. His pressing didn't look great and he pass completion wasn't great. If we are to buy into this system then thats one of the first things that needs to be in place.

So that leaves a position as part of a fluid front 3. It'll be interesting to see how it works out. When fit he is still our best match winner and finisher.

New team manager and our captain has yet again got to re-invent himslef for new tactics.

When he looks back at his career that be the most infuriating aspect of his time. So many England & Liverpool managers.

For me, have him on the right of a front 3 with Suarez and Borini/ big Andy.

In midfield, we have Allen and Lucas and one other (Shelvey).

He cant do it all, of course he wants to but id rather see Gerrard stay in the offensive part of the pitch. Im sure we all agree, we are happy with our GK & first choice back 4, he shouldnt worry about them. Dare I say he is the captain of his country so he should (going by the shite officiating) get free kicks and refs will listen to him. Its not nice to admit but we have seen plenty of Beckham, Ferdinand and Terry is refs ear.